PG3x - migration question - Wifi configuration

Can Polisy Wifi be configured in PG3x?

Seems like PG2 and PG3 are end-of-life.  I have a PolisyPro (with wifi) running PG2 and PG3; and am thinking of migrating to PG3x.

To configure Polisy wifi, I need to use PG2, there is no setting in PG3 (nor the admin console) to configure wifi settings.

I looked at the wiki (could not find info) but, if I migrate to PG3x (killing both PG2 and PG3):

Where and how do/can I use to PGx3 to configure Wifi on PolisyPro?

Thanks

Edited by whywork
11 hours ago, whywork said:

Can Polisy Wifi be configured in PG3x?

Seems like PG2 and PG3 are end-of-life.  I have a PolisyPro (with wifi) running PG2 and PG3; and am thinking of migrating to PG3x.

To configure Polisy wifi, I need to use PG2, there is no setting in PG3 (nor the admin console) to configure wifi settings.

I looked at the wiki (could not find info) but, if I migrate to PG3x (killing both PG2 and PG3):

Where and how do/can I use to PGx3 to configure Wifi on PolisyPro?

Thanks

The only reference to wifi for Polisy is in this section or the instructions:

Installation

Installation is quite easy

Make sure your network has DHCP auto enabled

Connect one end of the included Cat5e cable to Polisy’s Network Port and the other to your network. You must use the port that’s closest to the right most edge of Polisy when the front of Polisy is facing you (closest to the db-9 serial port). Note: the network must initially be DHCP auto enabled

If you have the PRO version, attach the included antennas to the back of the unit.

Connect the power supply

Make sure the bootup sequence is as described below.

I take that to mean if you have DHCP enabled, which is required, and do not plug anything in to Ethernet port, Polisy should auto configure for wifi.

In PG3 or PG3x, all that is then needed is the IP address and the port number, if Polyglot can not auto configure.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  It seems I was not clear about what I meant by configuring wifi. (not just DHCP)

To get Polisy to connect to my wifi somewhere the SSID and password need to be entered/configured.

The only place to enter SSID and password on my Polisy Pro is under PG2/System/Configure Polisy then things like timezone, Ethernet and Wifi settings are exposed.  The java Admin console offers nothing about wifi.  PG3 has no "settings" for Polisy and thus no ethernet nor wifi settings available.

So -   If I migrate to PG3x (killing PG2 and PG3) and need to change my PolisyPro wifi settings (SSID) does PG3x expose wifi settings?  Where?

1 hour ago, whywork said:

To get Polisy to connect to my wifi somewhere the SSID and password need to be entered/configured.

1 hour ago, whywork said:

The only place to enter SSID and password on my Polisy Pro is under PG2/System/Configure Polisy then things like timezone, Ethernet and Wifi settings are exposed. 

Since Polyglot doesn't need wifi to connect to Polisy, I suspect it was removed from this location. Most of the devices I have connected to wifi, create a pop up when sign in is required. It is possible, that would happen with Polisy. Just like trying to issue a rest call via a browser, you receive a pop up asking you to sign in.

However, unless Bob responds, I suspect the only way to be sure is via a UD help ticket.

Also, since your Polisy is already connected to wifi, I'm thinking the credentials are already saved and you wouldn't need to re-enter them. But it is best to ask to be sure, via a support ticket.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, whywork said:

So -   If I migrate to PG3x (killing PG2 and PG3) and need to change my PolisyPro wifi settings (SSID) does PG3x expose wifi settings?  Where?

I'm not sure if the Polisy might work more like the eisy since going to PG3x so you're probably best as @DennisC suggested of opening a support ticket. On the eisy if you don't plug a network cable in the wifi is enabled on boot and you can setup the credentials in UD Mobile. I don't know if changes were made to the Polisy to be able to do the same. 

Perhaps it's something that UD Mobile sets up for the Polisy. When you get the answer please be sure to update here so it might help others in the same situation. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets