KPL button on-level set to off not working

apostolakisl

1 hour ago, IndyMike said:

I understand.  That's why I started by reproducing your scene using two different vintage KPL's on my ISY994.  This, plus that you have link table errors across multiple reset/restore cycles, makes me believe that your device is failing.

Could there be two different things going on? Absolutely.  You could have a failing device and a problem with the Polisy firmware. 

Even so, when I look at your link tables, they appear to be at least partially correct.  The highlighted section below is for group #48.  It should turn button 3 on, and turn off buttons 4, 5, and 6.  It's analogous to your "Exercise Room Fan High" scene.  Unfortunately, that's not what you experienced.  All of your secondary buttons turned on.

The Polisy appears to have written this section of the table correctly.  The device is simply not executing it correctly when you call scene #48 ("Exercise Room Fan High") from the admin console.

If the table is written correctly, and we are ruling out bad communications, that leaves a bad device.

image.png.5f0d803f78ab471d77407b2874aec46b.png

Everything you said, combined with the fact that it does execute correctly when the controller of the scene is not ISY makes me think there is some glitch in the firmware.  If I use a scene controlled by a KPL button on this same KPL, it works correctly.  But I give up.  Just gonna a buy a new one.  I appreciate your insight.

1 hour ago, apostolakisl said:

Everything you said, combined with the fact that it does execute correctly when the controller of the scene is not ISY makes me think there is some glitch in the firmware.  If I use a scene controlled by a KPL button on this same KPL, it works correctly.  But I give up.  Just gonna a buy a new one.  I appreciate your insight.

As a last, last, last attempt, I dug out an old V1.65 2486D (2007 vintage).  Replaced my existing test KPL with the old unit and verified no errors in the link table.

Guess what - I behaves EXACTLY as you have described.  The buttons work perfectly from the KPL.  Activating the scenes from the Admin Console causes all 4 secondary button to light.  Go figure.  The extremely old revisions are not compatible.  Newer versions are. 

Now you have two reasons to replace your device.  Sorry

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found a 6 button KPL on ebay that already had custom fan button labels and picked that up.  I paid too much considering it is 10 years old, but the fan button labels made it just too easy, even had them in the correct place.  Did a "replace with" command and it works.  That icon switch is crazy old.  Must have been part of my very first ever Insteon order.

@IndyMike