Ring Motion Detector

Kentinada

So my Ring Stick-up Camera and Node Server work fine.  See the code below which messages me when motion is detected.  The test is what I would use with an INSTEON motion detector.  But I also wanted a test when the motion detector stopped sensing motion using a '07-Front Porch / Ring / Front Door (Motion)' is not switched Motion but this does not work.  I looked at the settings of the Ring camera itself but didn't see anything helpful.  Can this be done does anyone know? 

Front Door Motion - [ID 001D][Parent 001C]

If
        '07-Front Porch / Ring / Front Door (Motion)' is switched Motion

Then

// This is a Message sent to UD Mobile

Set 'Notification Controller / UD Mobile' Send Message To Kent Sound 'default' Content 9 Notification ID (ID=9)

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

@Kentinada I am not clear on exactly what you are asking.

Do you have an insteon MD in the same vicinity as a Ring camera and you are trying to use the Ring camera to as a validation that the insteon MD is still working? ie, Motion from ring, but not InsteonMD? 

If that is the case you could put them both in an if statement: If ring=motion AND Insteon MD= motion. THEN leave blank, ELSE notify.  BUT the problem is that they would have to report to the isy at the same time, so this would not work directly. 

You would need three programs that look at each other. 

Prog1

IF Ring=motion

Then do nothing,

Else Do nothing

Prog2

If Insteon MD = motion

Then do nothing

Else do nothing

Prog 3: 

If (prog 1 is true and prog 2 is true) or (prog 1 is false and prog 2 is false)

Then do nothing

Else, wait 10 seconds (or whatever time it takes for both to report true if they are working which will stop the Else from completing), Send notification

Not sure if this is what you meant or not. 

7 hours ago, Kentinada said:

But I also wanted a test when the motion detector stopped sensing motion

I doubt Ring sends any sort of status when motion stops. It's usually just an on/trigger and "records" for a preset period of time. The worst thing is if the camera you have is a battery operated camera then there's probably a "cool down" period and it doesn't trigger back-to-back motion if within the cool down period. 

My experience with Ring has been this way (only triggers on motion, not when motion "ends"). Wired devices that I have (Ring Doorbell Pro and Wired Floodlight Cam) will trigger back-to-back, but a battery operated Spotlight Cam that my neighbor has says he only gets a motion alert about every 5 minutes. 

@Kentinada,

It sounds like you would like to include a "Not switched" for the Ring camera to activate the Else section of a program as shown below for a motion sensor -Correct?

Trying to understand the problem and am unclear on the following:

1) Is the option for testing the "not switched off" unavailable for the Ring camera?

2) is the option available but does not trigger when the camera stops sensing motion?

Kitchen Motion On Copy - [ID 0012][Parent 0054]

If
        'Motion/RF / Kitchen Mud.1 Motion' is switched On
    And 'Motion/RF / Kitchen Mud.1 Motion' is not switched Off

Then
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set '1st Floor / SC Bar Cans' On

Else
        Set '1st Floor / SC Bar Cans' Off

On 1/14/2024 at 5:01 PM, IndyMike said:

It sounds like you would like to include a "Not switched" for the Ring camera to activate the Else section of a program as shown below for a motion sensor -Correct?

Trying to understand the problem and am unclear on the following:

1) Is the option for testing the "not switched off" unavailable for the Ring camera?

2) is the option available but does not trigger when the camera stops sensing motion?

@IndyMike The thing I was trying to accomplish was having a seperate program to turn the lights on based on motion and a second program to start a wind-down timer and then turn the lights off when the motion detection went back to no motion.  That works with an INSTEON motion sensor.  I doesn't appear that the Ring Motion Sensor in the StickUp Camera reports the motion clearing event.