Remote access to PGX

Am I missing something?

-can connect to pgx plugins via UDmobile

-can connect to pgx directly IF I open a port on my router, but I get hacked when I do this and it causes the plug ins to quit and restart 1-2x /day

-can connect to ISY AC remotely via the UDI address via launcher -->my.isy.io/isy/xxxxxxx as shown below

-can NOT connect to PGx via the UDI address of https://my.isy.io:3000 which comes up when I use the launcher. 

-Settings in portal seem to be correct? image.jpeg.1ae8c8d06596fe5526c986c85dad49d7.jpeg

image.jpeg.5b641e82efacbec6f5772e78cd88a4e5.jpeg

I asked this same question another way, the answer is UDI mobile is the recommended way to work with plugins remotely. 

I want access to the management page. My way is remotely connecting to the house pc using realVNC Connect, so I'm using a web capable device on my network

Well here’s the problem with that. 

The plug in environment is not stable yet. 

for example this morning I woke up and three of my plugins are not  connected. 

trying to restart the elk plugin through UD mobile and all I get is a spinning wheel before I even can get to the restart screen 

my ecobee PI responds with a long  error message when I click on it 

the only way I can reset things is through the main pgx page directly. 

I can go down the rabbit hole again for why each plugin decides to fail but sometimes I don’t have the time and just need to get them working again. 

30 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

I can go down the rabbit hole again for why each plugin decides to fail but sometimes I don’t have the time and just need to get them working again. 

Yes, understood and I get that. IIRC the plugins section says ""Beta" in UDM. I tried it out but couldn't do everything I wanted. I too have been "all ports closed" on my router for a long time and will not change that.. your first post confirmed what happens.

I don't have many plugins and things have been stable. However I'll be traveling extended trips in Michigan and elsewhere this year and want to be able to deal with plugins if necessary.  A RVNC type solution that includes a proxy login like the portal is what its going to take as it stands now.

Edited by paulbates
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, paulbates said:

the plugins section says ""Beta" in UDM. I tried it out but couldn't do everything I wanted

To be fair to UDM I went in on the iPadOS version and saw that my notification server needed to be updated. It was easier than logging through and going to the pgx page, finding the plugin and finding upgrade. 

My biggest issue with UDM for this function has been being able to navigate and view on a small phone screen, there is and iPadOS versions and its nicely laid out. I'll keep trying it this way and a see if I get stuck.

• Like 1

@Javi

7 minutes ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

I can access both of mine just fine in UDM Plugin. You'll have to work with @Javi

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Javi, see screen shots of when I click on Ring and ecobee.. and when I click on ELK-->  I get nothing.. just a blank screen with a spinning wheel.

I have restarted my iPhone with same result.

Thoughts? thanks.

All other ~10 PI are working as expected.

image.thumb.jpeg.44c69c488c0a10850f3bc4740a75f87a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.18c827b5a32a1b9a0255adb0fc0f430d.jpeg

4 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

@Javi ISY 5.8.0. PGX 3.2.18

There are no allow isy access parameters for those two PI..

I cannot replicate, if open to remote diagnostic please open a ticket and include your UUID.  I'll provide instructions on remote access approval after I've added your eisy to the diagnostic portal.   Can do it tomorrow or sometime next week.

• Thanks 1