Zwave Long Range

Go to solution Solved by tibbar,

Hell.

I have few of Zooz ZEN04 800 LR 800 Series Long Range Plugs.

Finally figured out how to add them as Long Range to Home Assistant, they work good.

Added couple to EISY but I do not see option to use it in "Long Range" mode or "beaming" mode.

Can someone please shed some light on EISY and Zwave  Long Range please.

23 minutes ago, Techman said:

The ZEN04 uses the zwave 800 series chips, the Zmatter dongle uses the 700 series chips which may not support long range. It's best to check with Zooz tech support to see what the requirements are for LR.

No offence but... really? When you do not have an answer you just type? That is the second "answer" you gave me.

Isn't dongle called (Z-Wave+ Certified - Long Range). It has nothing to do with Zooz it works fine. I know what chip they use.

Works fine in "Long Range" mode with Home Assistant.

Not a problem, we all suffer from frustrations from time to time.

I'm not familiar with Home Assistant. The Zmatter dongle is Zwave certified and does suport LR. I don't think the Zwave 800 series, being rather new, has had much exposure on the EISY so it might be best to submit a support ticket if you're still having issues.

27 minutes ago, Techman said:

Not a problem, we all suffer from frustrations from time to time.

I'm not familiar with Home Assistant. The Zmatter dongle is Zwave certified and does suport LR. I don't think the Zwave 800 series, being rather new, has had much exposure on the EISY so it might be best to submit a support ticket if you're still having issues.

I do not think it matters if it is 800 or 700 series chip when including Zwave Long Range in Home Assistant. It is just a different process of doing the inclusion  and it is just on HA side nothing to do with zwave device so I was wondering if there is a special process of doing it in EISY. 

1 hour ago, tibbar said:

I do not think it matters if it is 800 or 700 series chip when including Zwave Long Range in Home Assistant. It is just a different process of doing the inclusion  and it is just on HA side nothing to do with zwave device so I was wondering if there is a special process of doing it in EISY. 

Curious why you want to use long range mode anyways? Are these plugs a long distance away and not work otherwise? From what I read if paired in long range they don’t mesh. 

This feature has only been out less than a month anyways.  

https://github.com/zwave-js/zwave-js-ui/releases/tag/v9.10.0

6 minutes ago, brians said:

Curious why you want to use long range mode anyways? Are these plugs a long distance away and not work otherwise? From what I read if paired in long range they don’t mesh. 

This feature has only been out less than a month anyways.  

https://github.com/zwave-js/zwave-js-ui/releases/tag/v9.10.0

Correct zwave-js only supports it from v9.10.0.

Yes I know long range do not mesh (beam).

I have a greenhouse that is fair distance away and it works much better in long range mode.

Any idead how to use it in EISY? 

6 minutes ago, tibbar said:

Correct zwave-js only supports it from v9.10.0.

Yes I know long range do not mesh (beam).

I have a greenhouse that is fair distance away and it works much better in long range mode.

Any idead how to use it in EISY? 

No sorry I was just curious about the long range since I always thought it was only with 800 series but your post made me learn something new today :)  

Hopefully UD reads this thread and clarifies if it supports LR or, if not, will so in future. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Techman said:

The Zmatter dongle specs, and Z-wave certification, show that Z-wave LR is supported

WELL...

This is a quote I received from Michel with a ticket I submitted to UD:

We don't currently support LR mode.

So I guess don't matter the certification. Lol.

• Like 1