always prompted to install updated packages

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

Earlier this week I upgraded from my old ISY994i to a new eisy. I kept my original serial PLM. The upgrade went pretty smoothly and all of my programs and notifications appear to be working. The only problem I've seen so far is that every time I connect to the admin console, I'm prompted to upgrade packages.

image.png.4d34f39c9177ff4f91c96f1e27fde9f3.png

The link to the release notes takes me to a page with this text:

Package Release Notes

OS Level Packages

OS is at the latest level!

Application Packages

pkg tpm2-tools must be upgraded to 5.6_1

I've probably clicked the upgrade packages 5 times now, with clearing my Java cache before logging back in. I've also done a full power-cycle on the eisy (waited 30 seconds, as recommended) but I will get this on each login to the console. IoX Finder says I'm on version 5.8.3

Here's what the About says

image.png.7a80e366ba121af5f13e6233e5f83a62.png

Any suggestions?

Just now, dbwarner5 said:

If nobody responses with a solution, you should open a ticket and then post the solution after it is fixed. 

Agreed, but I'll wait until after the weekend.

• Solution

@mnunes 

Will you please browse to this page:   https://eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt    (might need to change "eisy.local" to the ip of your eisy). If you get an alert about the page not being secure click "Advanced" and then "proceed..."

Search for this text: pkg tpm2-tools

What is the result? 

How old is your eisy? Did you just receive it or had you bought it previously and just now installing/activating?

It's possible an update got hung. Have you pulled the power supply to have a full power cycle/reboot?

If you have pulled the power and still getting this alert make sure you follow the update process and allow it to fully run. Don't click away from the "okay" box when you first run the Upgrade Packages button. If you have UD mobile linked you should get some alerts that update has started. Once it completes you should get another update that it's done and needs a reboot. Then your admin console should give the same complete alert and that you should reboot. Press the "Reboot" button on the Configuration/System tab. Allow it to fully boot before you attempt to open admin console again (I usually allow about 3-5 minutes). 

If after those steps are completed you still get the error please open a support ticket and UD will assist you further.

With other users reporting similar issues and my tpm2-tools version being earlier than 5.6_1 I wonder if UD released some underlying update before announcing it and it's causing issues to people that ran the update process recently. I have not attempted an update recently (my last update process was after the most recent post from UD - at the end of April).

@Geddy It looks like this most recent package update fixed the problem. Before the update I saw from the eisy.local page that I had version 3.5.6_3 and now I have 3.5.6_4. Even after the update, the eisy.local page says tpm2-tools-5.2_1.

I think the only difference in the way I updated this time is that I did a backup just prior to doing the update. I had done a power-cycle of the eisy in one of my previous update attempts. I don't know if that made the difference or if 3.5.6_4 was just released.

I've now restarted the admin console three times, including once after a power cycle and there's no more nagging to upgrade.

FWIW - this was a brand new eisy that arrived on Thursday last week.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1