Does the EISY support a Zooz Z-Wave 700 Dongle?

mmb
Go to solution Solved by mmb,

I migrated my brother's ISY to the EISY and all the insteon devices show but the ZW dongle shows as not responding.

I remember it working on my own system prior to the ZMatter dongle upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

I may be in a similar situation soon.

IIRC, the EISY comes set up to only work with the new USB board. BUT, that is a software setting, it can be reset to use the old 700 series dongle.

You may have to create a ticket.

* Orest

Thanks @oskrypuch, I tried two different Zooz z-wave 700 dongles on my brother eisy but neither worked.  Not even detected using diagnostics. The ZMatter dongle is way beyond his finances at over $200.  He could barely afford the eisy which was over $400. (Canadian $ sucks)

Anyway, one of the z-wave dongles I used with my Polisy prior to their ZMatter dongle coming out and it worked fine.  I subsequently moved to their ZMatter dongle.

I submitted a ticket on my brother's behalf and got a rather short not so helpful message saying turn on Z-Wave in the Admin console then they closed my ticket.

I submitted another ticket asking why they closed the previous ticket. They closed this ticket and reopened my initial ticket to Awaiting Agent Reply.

Not sure what's going on in UD land. Certainly not the stellar support I'm used to.

UD should just say third party dongles aren't supported if that's the case.  Then my brother would dump the z-wave devices he was using with his ISY and move to all Insteon devices.

I suspect @Geddy doesn't get involved in ticket matters.

As far as I know it is supported, but will not get any more updates.  It must be enabled in Admin Console Configuration Tab, ZMatter must not be enabled, if it is or ever was then factory reset is required.

6 minutes ago, Javi said:

ZMatter must not be enabled, if it is or ever was then factory reset is required.

Thanks @Javi I didn’t do the migration, my brother just followed the eisy wiki according to him. His computer skills are very rudimentary. 

Is there a way to determine if it was enabled?

Also I have never seen a factory on any of the ISYs, does that even exist?

Factory reset = reset eisy to same state as it arrived from factory.

The same configuration tab will show if Z-Wave and/or Z-Matter is enabled.   For anyone else reading this both must be enabled for Z-Matter, if not using automatic detection settings.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Javi said:

Factory reset = reset eisy to same state as it arrived from factory.

The same configuration tab will show if Z-Wave and/or Z-Matter is enabled.

Thanks, totally aware of what a factory reset is, just don’t know how to initiate it? Really this should be a last resort anyway @Javi.

I recall they were all set to Auto. We set z-wave to On when detection of Zooz didn’t happen. And this is where we are now.  We tried all the troubleshooting tips as well btw.

image.png.e1cdf2324c02f19b53ecf526aad4b633.png

Is there any command line options I can try? I have an ssh window open and ready to go.

Edited by mmb
Additional question
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Chris did a remote visit and got the Zooz running.

Apparently the backup that was created by my brother which was restored put the eisy into a state requesting a migration to ZMatter ZWave which prevented use of the original ZWave.

The request was removed by Chris deleting the files which allowed use of ZWave.

All good now. Chris noted the IOX ZWave backup and restore function only works for ZMatter ZWave.  My brother's ZWave setup is small so not an issue.

• Like 1