Can I use an old Polisy for anything?

Did you put a ticket in to UD regarding your failed Polisy?  I don't think they have a hard drive, I believe it is an SD card, not sure, but I am confident it is a solid state device.

How do you know the drive is bad and not just corrupted?  UD sent me a boot loader chip when my Polisy got scrambled and then I was able to restore the entire device.

I did put a ticket in. They gave me a few options on how to fix it. I decided to move to Eisy. It is a solid state drive. Just wandering if I'm able to but another operating system on it, headless Linux or Home Assistant? 

I did put a ticket in. They gave me a few options on how to fix it. I decided to move to Eisy. It is a solid state drive. Just wandering if I'm able to but another operating system on it, headless Linux or Home Assistant? 
Either way you will likely have purchase the USB to microIDE adapter.

I did this to upgrade my polisy and I can't believe how easy it was. The adapter was about $11 CAD and came in 2 days from Amazon without Prime.

The hardest part was taking the screws out of the case and putting them back in again.

Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk

Again, I would say that probably the SSD is not broken, but just data corrupted.  Perhaps you have done some testing and know otherwise.  That happened to me and UD sent me a bootloader chip that allowed me to restore the drive.  I just plugged it in, powered it up, and then I could log in and install all the latest from the updates pages.