Voice commands (Alexa) and mobile GUI not working

Go to solution Solved by paulbates,

I’m not sure what could be happening but none of my programs, timers, or voice commands are working. The mobile gui gives me this. 
is there some AWS failure?

i believe my portal subscription is still good. Maybe not, I’m not sure how to tell will the mobile. 
any thoughts would be great. 
thank you. IMG_6718.jpeg.82dcd885acab0a1f82dcec87e189cfe8.jpeg

I have to add that when I tell Alexa to ‘turn on Apple TV upstairs’ etc she does it perfectly. If I ask her to dim the lights she either says ‘ok’ and nothing changes or she says ‘the hub that device…’ 

I hope that helps trigger a thought that leads to a solution. 

@andrew77 

My first steps would be to check on the admin console and controlling devices. I would then review the program/summary tab to see if programs triggered when was their “last run” time and what is their “next run” time? Then, I would attempt to run the “if” or “then” of your programs.

If you have issues when using admin console then check these trouble shooting tips from the wiki:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#INSTEON_2

If things work as expected with the admin console controlling devices and programs then it’s more than likely something with UD mobile and Echo. 

Screenshot2024-06-07at12_58_09PM.png.fc886e0294a889746c4da0cd711cff73.png

I tried controlling a device from my Computer GUI and got this.

I checked my license and I'm subscribed to the portal until 2025 so I'm not sure what this means

On 6/6/2024 at 10:35 AM, Geddy said:

@andrew77 

My first steps would be to check on the admin console and controlling devices. I would then review the program/summary tab to see if programs triggered when was their “last run” time and what is their “next run” time? Then, I would attempt to run the “if” or “then” of your programs.

If you have issues when using admin console then check these trouble shooting tips from the wiki:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#INSTEON_2

If things work as expected with the admin console controlling devices and programs then it’s more than likely something with UD mobile and Echo. 

The programs say they ran yesterday but I can say they didn't do anything. An outside lights scene didn't turn on.

I looked at the troubleshooting page but nothing there seems to apply to me. I've not changed anything as far as plugging the EISY into a different location or a powerbar, etc.

Should I restore the ISY or something like that?

7 hours ago, DennisC said:

Does your PLM show connected?

Given some of the strange things you have happening, try changing the power supply. When they start going bad strange things can happen.

Some forward motion. The PLM is showing Not Connected.

I'm hoping its not a dead PLM as I just bought this 2 months ago when I upgraded to the EISY.

What are the next steps?

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 10.30.06 AM.png

• Solution

I didn't read the entire thread, so if you haven't tried, in this order:

1. Unplug / replug PLM. Restart eisy, check again
  2. Factory reset PLM, check again, if connected, restore modem

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, andrew77 said:

Doing more reading, should I try to restore the PLM like this fellow

Before you do anything else, did you at any time click on delete PLM?

If you did not, try moving the PLM to a different outlet, on a different electrical circuit. For this test, you can use an extension cord.

If you did click on delete PLM, you will need to do a restore, but first you need to get it connected. 

57 minutes ago, paulbates said:

I didn't read the entire thread, so if you haven't tried, in this order:

1. Unplug / replug PLM. Restart eisy, check again
  2. Factory reset PLM, check again, if connected, restore modem

Thank you Paul.

I actually did that and found it worked because I read lilyoyo1's post here

Screenshot2024-06-08at12_53_52PM.png.a04f7d0d1873f68f6a5887337883fb7b.png

I'm giving the credit to Paul but really thanking everybody for their help.

I have to say again the ISY and now the EISY is the best, second only to this forum. If it weren't for the forum I'd be divorced and living int he dark talking to Alexa and hearing "I'm sorry but the hub that device is attached to is not responding" over and over until I shuffled off this mortal coil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, andrew77 said:

If it weren't for the forum I'd be divorced and living int he dark talking to Alexa and hearing "I'm sorry but the hub that device is attached to is not responding" over and over until I shuffled off this mortal coil.

As would the rest of us...🤪😂