devices not showing offline.

EWhite

Latest version not showing devices offline. Yolink app shows device offline.

device is an outside motion sensor.

I use it for my driveway alert. took a few minutes to figure out why things were haywire.. hehe

I assume the log with bad data was earlier than the log you sent 

Did you notice if other data was valid or unknown when the device was offline

My code was supposed to follow the online state, but there is a bug so the actual state does not get updated - data should be unknown 

If data is valid I need to get a logfile to see what the data looks like - I may be able to recreate it later

Thanks

Edited by Panda88

nope..this log covers it. in the yolink app the driveway motion sensor was showing offline, but in pg3x it showed as online.

i went and removed the batteries again just to check,, no change in pg3x but app showed offline.

weird...

In your log  there are 348 cases on 'online' parameter being returned - 343 are true and 5 are false.  In the case of 5 false the same return structure also has a 'online' = True???  the 5 with false covering 5 different devices - all occured arounf 12:53.  Maybe an internet issue

I really do not know how to determine the if the device if offline or not - all report true 

Do you know at what time you unplugged the battery?

around that 12:53 mark is when i put the new batteries in. so it actually came back online.

i unplugged battery AFTER i sent you the log..but saw the same thing you are seeing...which is no change

I got a little more info - they use special channels in the APP (not available to the API)

From support:

I'd like to clarify the difference in detection speeds between the app and the API.

Direct Device-App Communication
The app communicates directly with the cloud platform in real time via optimized channels, allowing it to receive data almost instantly when a LoRa device transmits a signal. This is further enhanced by the use of push notifications, which are highly efficient in delivering updates immediately.

API Request and Response Overhead
On the other hand, API interactions rely on a request-response mechanism, which can introduce minor delays. This includes the time needed to:

• Establish an HTTP connection.
  • Send the request.
  • Wait for the server to process and respond.
  • Handle authentication and authorization processes.

These steps can cause slight lag.

API Rate Limits and Throttling
In addition, our API is subject to rate limits to ensure fair usage across all users. Specifically:

• A single UAC is limited to 100 API calls within a 5-minute sliding window.
  • A single target device can receive no more than 6 API calls per minute, with a minimum interval of 200 milliseconds between calls.

These restrictions help manage overall performance but may cause delays in scenarios requiring frequent updates.

I hope this explanation clarifies the differences. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

Thomas | YoLink Customer Support