Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it possible to get program from old backup?

Featured Replies

Does anyone know if I can can and how I can extract an old program from a former backup? Some how in all the updates, I lost it and It was a bit complicated and I don't remember how I created it. (Don't get old). Im afraid of trying to reload an old backup into the eisy.

Thanks

Are you looking for an older version of a program that still exists on your controller, or it was deleted? There might be a way, though it would be quite involved, going in by ssh, using scp to copy one or more files from your PC to the eisy, etc. If it was deleted, then you'd have to figure out what the program ID number was, by looking for text program name through the program files using grep, etc. Then create a dummy program to have a program known ID that you could then overwrite with the restored file. Not fun, and not guaranteed to work.

I just looked at a backup file on my PC and it appears that the backup file is a zipped archive. Within one of mine I find FILES > CONF > D2D and within that a series of .PGM files that appear to be fairly readable XML representations of each program. So you could look through these in notepad or in an xml viewer and get an idea of what the program was. There might even be a way to import a particular program once you found it but you might have to rename it to fit in an empty slot or something like that. I wouldn't try anything like that without making a current backup first.

Edited by stillwater
clarity

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.