Release 2.8.4 Beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

Hello RatRanch!

When did you update the firmware? If it's more than 3 days ago, please re-download and re-install the firmware.

Hi Michel,

The version 2.8.4 firmware I tested was built on Oct. 13. I don't see any newer builds available for download.

For the time being, I reverted to 2.8.3 and have not experienced any more losses of network connectivity.

-Jim

I can't say that it fails 100% - but probably 95%. I have both light on and light off commands that are failing. If I turn on a light (via an X10 palm-pad) that did not turn on via ISY it stays on when ISY sends an off command. If I go into the admin console it also fails, but the console sees the status as On.

With 2.7.15 X10 was working almost 100%. I have a phase coupler and there have not been any changes in my X10 config at all.

Thanks for the reply...

It doesn't do X10 at all or are there some X10 functions that don't work?

I send an X10 A4 On every morning to a chime module and my X10 power line messages show up in the log also. Using 2.8.4

Hello RatRanch,

There were couple of drops on the 13th. Please do be kind enough to download and install again.

Or, if you wish, you can wait for 2.8.5 which should be out shortly.

Candide, that's really odd because the basic changes in 2.8.4 were non-INSTOEN/x10 related. Please do keep us posted with what you find.

With kind regards,

Michel

I downgraded to 2.7.15 - and it is the same as 2.8.4 (X10 does not work) so I re-loaded 2.8.4. All Insteon devices are working fine.

I did some testing today and it does not make any sense to me. Neither X10 direct admin console commands nor programmed actions are working for, except in rare times - last night one X10 light turned on when scheduled for the first time in about a week.

A press of a button on an X10 Palm-pad works, first time every time on and off, so I rule out interference and such.

This is not a huge deal, as Insteon is working and I only have two X10 lights, I just like to understand and to have things working ... :(

Any suggestions for troubleshooting steps or things to check would be appreciated.

Thanks ...

Candide, that's really odd because the basic changes in 2.8.4 were non-INSTOEN/x10 related. Please do keep us posted with what you find.

With kind regards,

Michel

Try the X10 Transceiver you are using with the Palm Pad in the same outlet as the PLM is in.

If you are not using the exact circuit as the PLM is in. Your tests may not be 100% accurate.

Are you sure nothing has changed? Like someone moved a cell phone charger etc.

Thanks for the tip, I cannot move the ISY and PLM to the X10 transceiver outlet because there is no network (ethernet) there. I should be able to move the X10 transceiver to the PLM outlet though.

When I said nothing changed I was referring to the Insteon/X10 configuration and settings, not every plug in the house. I guess its time to start unplugging devices...

Try the X10 Transceiver you are using with the Palm Pad in the same outlet as the PLM is in.

If you are not using the exact circuit as the PLM is in. Your tests may not be 100% accurate.

Are you sure nothing has changed? Like someone moved a cell phone charger etc.

OK, I think the cause of the problem has been identified.

I have a "Popcorn Hour" NMT (basically a dedicated linux media PC) and when that was turned on X10 would not work via ISY. When it was off or unplugged X10 would work (via the ISY Admin console for testing). I verified this numerous times.

The palm-pad worked all the time, in either its original outlet of the same one as the ISY. I put the NMT on a surge-suppressor power strip and it seems to be working with X10 and the NMT being on. I'll post again if anything changes.

Here's another strange part - I have had this NMT in this exact location for about a year and the problem did not start until now.

Thanks...

Thanks for the comment, that may well be the case here. So far the power strip is keeping it isolated so X10 is working. If anything changes I will post it here.

Thank you, and others here, for helping out - this forum is the best !

Hi Candide,

Thanks so very much for the update.

I can tell you from personal experience that sometimes the switching power supplies in computers (and especially laptop power supplies) get noisy with time. This is also the case with older monitors.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded from 2.7.15 to 2.8.4 about a week ago and when I log in to my ISY I don't have any "Current State" listings for the Main tab.

I've tried loging in a few different ways, but currently I get no statuses and when I Query things, the status doesn't come up then either.

any ideas?

edit: and when I go into my Admin console using this:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/

it comes up with the blue page, but doesn't even offer me to log in and there is no functionality.

another edit: and when I enter the usual way:

http://192.168.0.199:1443/admin

I can get in there, I can log in, but the "current state"s are missing, but I can control things, like turn off lights using the admin console. When I want to close the Admin console, I have to use the task manager to "end task" to get it closed.

Hello someguy,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

The only thing I can think of:

1. You have an older version of 2.8.4. So, the first thing I recommend is downloading and reinstalling it again

2. Java cache ... if you have not done so, please try clearning your cache

Please do keep me posted.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello someguy,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

The only thing I can think of:

1. You have an older version of 2.8.4. So, the first thing I recommend is downloading and reinstalling it again

2. Java cache ... if you have not done so, please try clearning your cache

Please do keep me posted.

With kind regards,

Michel

Although I thought I was on the most recent version of 2.8.4, the re-installation appears to have fixed my problem.

thanks Michel, very much!

Hello someguy,

Michel

An "older version of 2.8.4"??? Michel, do your programmers get their pay docked for taking too many numbers out of the storeroom? You should let them in on the secret that their are AN INFINITE NUMBER of numbers. And they are free! If you need a new version of 2.8.4, call it 2.8.5 and avoid all the confusion!