ISY-26 Leap year timer failure!

keribi

My ISY has been working fine since I installed it about 2 months ago. Today is leap year and all my timers failed to function. I synchronized the clock on 2/29/08 at 7 am as instructed in the email i received. Anyone else have any leap year issues?

I had problems with the sunset timers triggering immediately after re-synchronizing the clock early this morning on 2.6.1. I didn't wait long enough to see if there were any other timer problems. When I saw that I couldn't make the sunset timers work correctly, i.e., not trigger at 7ish in the morning, I upgraded to 2.6.2.

AFAIK, the timers are working correctly in this version. Be aware there is a different approach to accessing the administrative console in the 2.6.2 version that might break your bookmarks. If you have been using the ISY_IP/0/p method to jump directly to administrative console, you will want to use ISY_IP/admin instead.

Also as per instructions, remotely reset date to computer. After I did a program that was running else dropped the TRUE and also the Run at Reboot option for that program. I manually tried to set it the Run at Reboot and the else with no luck. I then queried the APL that controls and all came back. I'll keep checking it,

Mine did the same thing. My outdoor lights didn't come on 20 mins before sunrise or turn off 20 mins after sunrise -- they were still dim at 8:00 AM (they dim at midnight)... so the morning timers didn't run at sunrise when the ISY thought that it was March 1. At 7:45 AM I synced the date to the computer and my evening timers didn't run at sunset when it thought it was February 29.

We'll have to see what happens in the morning.....

A leap year bug is hard to catch in testing, so I'll let this one slide :-)

Thanks Michel!

-- Bill Cahill

According to the Java console log, the last events to run for me were 8 am this morning. My pre-sunset and sunset events did not fire. I noticed the date was wrong (I was out of town, just got back late this afternoon), so I synchronized manually per the email (after sunset). Next scheduled event is 11 pm, so I'll see if that fires.

Ok, this is kind of crazy. This morning nothing was working. Last night the 11 pm program did run properly, but no statuses got updated.

The date said March 2nd even though it was right yesterday after I synchronized it. So I synchronized it again and it read Sat March 1st like it's supposed to. But a few minutes ago it ran an 8 am program that's only supposed to run on weekdays!

If

On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri

Time is 8:00:00AM

Then

Set Scene 'SC-Morning Lightup (Motion)' Off

Set Scene 'SC-Master Bedroom Lamps' Off

Set Scene 'SCM-Living Room Floor Lamp' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

What's going on here????

Thx.

jgraziano,

What version are you running? From reports that I've seen, the Feb 29th schedule issue was corrected in ver 2.6.2.

I ran into a similar problem yesterday using Ver 2.6.1. I changed the date to March 1 and reset the ISY. Everything checked normal after that.

If you are running 2.6.1 or previous you may need to "reboot" your ISY to terminate any schedules that are still running from the 29th.

IM

Ok, this is kind of crazy. This morning nothing was working. Last night the 11 pm program did run properly, but no statuses got updated.

The date said March 2nd even though it was right yesterday after I synchronized it. So I synchronized it again and it read Sat March 1st like it's supposed to. But a few minutes ago it ran an 8 am program that's only supposed to run on weekdays!

If

On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri

Time is 8:00:00AM

Then

Set Scene 'SC-Morning Lightup (Motion)' Off

Set Scene 'SC-Master Bedroom Lamps' Off

Set Scene 'SCM-Living Room Floor Lamp' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

What's going on here????

Thx.

If you are running 2.6.1 or previous you may need to "reboot" your ISY to terminate any schedules that are still running from the 29th.

Tried this (cycled ISY power). Still does not work. Missed the 'pre-sunset' event.

Downloaded and installed 2.6.2, seems to be working now. I usually prefer to wait for the official release but when we came home to a dark house my wife was not too impressed.

Then the TV sound was not working because heaven forbid she should use the Harmony to turn on the TV so the home theater will go on also, while I was explaining that to her, the ISY was re-starting from the update, and the lights went off and on a couple of times. . . .

Wife was not feeling a whole lot of love for technology at that point.

Hello all,

I wnat to take this opportunity and apologize for all the inconvenience this may have caused all of you. This was a bug and it should've been caught in our testing but it was not.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies ...

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel. The last time I checked, the Earth is still turning on its axis!

(and my wife has a sense of humor)

Archived