Everything posted by brians
-
Adding ZOOZ ZEN17 challenges
Nice so I can actually show my garage door is open now correctly. I’ll get the firmware and get later.
-
Virtual Devices Node server Port to PG3?
Maybe dev could add some more virtual device types like ones with low med hi etc.
-
Adding ZOOZ ZEN17 challenges
The devices will be on the stick. Just inbox and try the update - not sure If the update will work or not like that however. backup stick reset do firmware update then restore Or get a second stick. see my topic elsewhere here about firmware fun.
-
How to update ZOOZ ZST10 700 stick
It’s in the first page of this thread.
-
How to update ZOOZ ZST10 700 stick
- Virtual Devices Node server Port to PG3?
Ok, I am still trying to think what I could use it for. I guess a use case could be to use it as a switch that runs a program or something.- Virtual Devices Node server Port to PG3?
When I manually changed the variable it did not turn on/off the switch though. I will try again.- Virtual Devices Node server Port to PG3?
I am not sure what this is but looked interesting. I installed and made a virtual switch but it did not seem to do anything other than have a switch I can turn on/off. I setup the type to switch and ID to the number of a state variable (eg. 5 in my case), expecting that it would sync and set the variable 1 and 0 for on and off, but did not seem to work. What am I doing wrong? I read through the original thread but seems to focus mostly on temperatures which I am not currently interested in.- Replacing Insteon device on IoP didn't include new device in scenes
I have same issues when replacing insteon devices. I don’t really worry about it and just manually fix it each time presuming they would eventually fix.- System Busy
To get the S2 firmware version se the event viewer log to level 3 and then do a Z-Wave, Z-Wave version from the top menu. It will show in the log. It looks like it is trying to add additional nodes to existing devices. You can try freeze ISY nodes and see if that helps. But since are running it as a secondary controller it may not be easy to troubleshoot the problem.- System Busy
What are the ZWave devices that seem to cause the issue? What is firmware on the S2 ZWave stick?- Z-wave battery remote switch in insteon scene
That is strange that it would not light up the keypad. Did you add to the scene as a controller? As a workaround you could write a program that gets triggered by its press and turns on the LED (via a scene).- Z-wave battery remote switch in insteon scene
https://aeotec.com/z-wave-wireless-switch/index.html Also a Zen34... https://www.amazon.ca/Network-Control-Controller-ZEN34-Required/dp/B08TMWLY74/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1P207BHC67WJL&keywords=aeotec+wallmote&qid=1651791528&sprefix=aeotec+wallmote%2Caps%2C216&sr=8-2 Anyone used either of these in ISY? If I had to choose I would pick the Zen34 for its simplicity, but the wallmote quad looks neat to control dimmers with swiping up/down on each button but not sure if those would work as a controller with Insteon. They should work with scene associations controlling another Z-Wave dimmer but UDI seems not to currently fully support scene associations correctly (see big thread elsewhere).- How to make Insteon 6-Button Ctrl status match Fan speed set with Alexa?
That sounds exactly how I do it. Regarding Alexa I just have a simple in off spoken that sets it to med I think because I had issues with Alexa differentiating spokens that were close to one another - didn’t seem to know the difference between fan high fan medium etc. maybe it’s better now.- How to make Insteon 6-Button Ctrl status match Fan speed set with Alexa?
I don't think there is a better way. I use four programs triggered by the on level of the fan and four scenes... each one will set the scene appropriately on or off. It doesn't matter then where you turn on/off the fan from the LEDs will stay in sync... Here is one of mine for Med setting as example and calls a scene which set the fan med and all the other keypad buttons off. Master Bedroom Fan Med - [ID 003C][Parent 0033] If 'Master Bedroom / Master Bedroom Fan' Status is Medium Then Set 'MBedroom Fanlinc Scenes / Master Bedroom KPL Fan Med' On Else Set 'MBedroom Fanlinc Scenes / Master Bedroom KPL Fan Med' Off- Adding ZOOZ ZEN17 challenges
You should have binary sensors for each input after setting the configuration parameters and exclude/include. Weird that setting to 10 didn't show and 7 did which is a open/close alert. I am not sure what the functional difference is in all those settings 4-10 anyways. It could also have been a second exclude/include fixed - I have seen this with some z-wave devices.- What Insteon did right......
The later Insteon dual-band switches seems more reliable... and in the past year I have changed out most of mine to those and my Insteon is now 100% reliable. I have about 40 Insteon devices and currently 12 are PLC only... I have about 8 RF models as spares that I can switch out as required. I had Insteon since it first came out, and went through lots of pain and grief... their microswitch recall. The PLC only models are very poor at communication by themselves... I remember using phase couplers and always had reliability issues. What I don't understand is why no other Z-Wave switch manufacturer copies the paddle design off an Insteon switchlinc... did Insteon have some patent/copyright on that design?- Adding ZOOZ ZEN17 challenges
Add remove or whatever isy calls it is same they just used different nomenclature.- Zooz Zen31 RGBW LED controller
Is it possible to use these instead of an RGB controller. I got a TV stand and came with an 8 output RGB controller to connect all the LEDs and the typical RGB IR remote . Is there some sort of RGB hub instead of an LED strip I can interface to this Zen31 to control through ISY instead?- PG3 RC1 update - http error
I updated mine and is working.- Adding ZOOZ ZEN17 challenges
I looked up my notes: 1. parameter 2 and parameter 3 to 10 (on/off dry contact sensor) 2. exclude/include via ISY controller and it added a couple extra nodes... binary sensor - use these for triggers in programs etc. 3. parameter 10 (and Parameter 11 if wanted) to 0 which does not require a remove/add (this isolates the relay triggered from the input) From manual: IMPORTANT: If you set this parameter to value 4-10, you’ll need to exclude and re-include the device (without changing any settings) so that a child device is created for the input of your choice!- Adding ZOOZ ZEN17 challenges
The instructions that come with with zen17 tell you the parameter how to isolate the inputs and that that you have to exclude include again and extra nodes appear. I have two running like this with no issues.- Any Ceiling Fans have zwave built in?
It has low, med, hi you set the fan on highest. It does hum on our fan but not sure if it is the fan's fault. Doesn't bug me.- Any Ceiling Fans have zwave built in?
In my case, my bedroom fan only was wired with one switch, and we are expected to use the pull chains to adjust fan speed and light control. Therefore I don't think your way would work for me because you mention installing two separate switches. The insteon fanlinc solves this because it is installed in the fan itself which separates the outputs for light and fan. If there is a Z-Wave module that does what the fanclinc does that would work great.- How to update ZOOZ ZST10 700 stick
Mine shows this: The reason that it does not show in the Z-Wave Version menu is probably because UDI have not implemented that for Polisy yet, most likely using code/method to determine firmware version from ISY. - Virtual Devices Node server Port to PG3?