Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michel Kohanim

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Michel Kohanim

  1. ELA/Illusion, I was just kidding. We have gone through extensive design and implementation exercises to make sure ISY runs without a crash. That's why we do not use a watchdog timer (even though we can enable it). And, looking at our history, the number of units that had irreparable hardware failure is less than 0.001%. For those that did have repairable hardware failure (about 0.1%), the problem was the SD Card which is easily fixed by changing the SD Card, reinstalling firmware, and restoring your backup. So, as much as I would love you all to have multiple ISYs as backup, based on the above statistics, it really does not make any sense and you would be wasting your money. As far as new hardware, we will always provide very fair upgrade pricing. With kind regards, Michel
  2. Hi Mike, I am so very sorry to hear this. Irrigation module is useless without Rain information from WB. If this is the case, and if you wish to uninstall WB and Irrigation module, please do send an email to sales@universal-devices.com and you will get full refund + the modules shall be uninstalled from ISY. With kind regards, Michel
  3. Hi ELA, Excellent point ... this said, I am sad that you don't want to stock up on ISYs as well. Sometimes, they get really lonely and do need company
  4. Hi Tim, This is quite disheartening. The problem with forecast.weather.gov (NOAA) is that they do not provide live data for all areas. Most are forecasts and those that have live data are not updated regularly. Furthermore, we had a hell of time with timeouts and connection issues. The other choice is weather underground. This said, I am not certain anyone would be willing to pay the amount of money they want for licensing. Google Weather is another choice but it does not have enough data points. I am really not sure what we can do here. Perhaps if everyone on the forum with WeatherBug module sent an email to WB, we might have a better chance of them fixing the issues? With kind regards, Michel
  5. Hello Dave G, Are you certain you are using the correct UI (Help | About)? Please try: 1. Clear your Java cache 2. Go to http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/admin.jnlp With kind regards, Michel
  6. Hello bdw72, I am so very sorry to hear about all the problems you were having. Based on what I read, I think the problem might be the firewall software on your computer blocking ISY from publishing events to the Admin Console. If you have a firewall software on your computer, it would be best to put ISY in the trusted zone/white list. With kind regards, Michel
  7. Hi LeeG, I can confirm that FanLinc is I2CS. We should have a build very soon. With kind regards, Michel
  8. Hi Gary, Unfortunately not! With kind regards, Michel
  9. Hi LeeG, Thanks so very much. We are very close in finishing up support for i2cs devices. With kind regards, Michel
  10. Hello chilli_pepper, As much as I would like to say yes, but unfortunately I do not think so since location/properties are stored in a different object for each node and thus, adding them to the overview means a major performance hit. With kind regards, Michel
  11. Illusion/Adnyf0, Thanks so very much. The DST issue is a bug not easily reproduced but a bug anyway. It shall be fixed as soon as possible: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8279&p=62791#p62791 Illusion, would you be kind enough to take some screenshots and send to support@universal-devices.com? We'll make sure they are fixed in the next release. With kind regards, Michel
  12. Hi SunSentry, This has already been addressed in our official releases (2.8.16 and above). With kind regards, Michel
  13. Hello chilli_pepper, Unfortunately not. This said, you can always use folders in which case the path is shown in the Name column. With kind regards, Michel
  14. Hi LeeG, I think you are right: the new MS is probably an I2CS device (we are working on it right now). I was told that there would be an announcement but I guess not. With kind regards, Michel
  15. Hi Mike, thank you for the clarifications. Yes, I do agree that this should be simple but what if one has many sofas? Furthermore, I think using Motion Sensors is much more elegant to sense occupancy especially when used in conjunction with Wait. In short, the Wait statement can adjust the threshold during which any motion can be construed as occupancy. With kind regards, Michel
  16. Hi again, Fortunately not. The same mechanism can be used by anyone else to gain access. We do have plans for profiles and security levels but none include no-security. If you have such capabilities as snmp read/write, I guarantee you that adding an HTTP Authorization header in your request is much simpler. With kind regards, Michel
  17. Hi Kirk, Unfortunately you do need the HTTP Authorization headers. The last %201 is the button number. So, if you have a KeypadLinc, you will have 1, 2, 3, etc. With kind regards, Michel
  18. Hello Mike, This article may give you some hints: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... _Bathrooms With kind regards, Michel
  19. Hello paauto, Uncheck "Daily". With kind regards, Michel
  20. Hello iostream212, What is your "Water Applied Per Irrigation Cycle"? This is how the algorithm works: 1. ISY continuously calculates Irrigation Requirement ... this is the amount of water that has to be applied 2. Every time you issue Cycle Complete, "Water Applied Per Irrigation Cycle" is subtracted from the Irrigation Requirement (#1) 3. You do not need to Reset Variables UNLESS you want Irrigation Requirement to be reset to 0 and start over So, based on what I see, I think the value for your Water Applied Per Irrigation Cycle is less than 0.5 (in the program condition) and thus the program keeps on running since the amount of water depleted is more than the amount of water you are applying. Also, I am not sure why you have the Temperature and Rain Today conditions in your program. Evapotransipration algorithm already takes both of these values (in combination with solar declination, humidity, season, region, etc.) into consideration to arrive at Irrigation Requirement. I do suggest removing them. With kind regards, Michel
  21. Hello RLIKWARTZ, Where did you see that the control can be done through INSTEON? With kind regards, Michel
  22. Hello timdenike, The answer is the use of Wait. As you may know, Wait and Repeat are interruptible. This means that while a program is waiting in the Wait statement, if the condition turns to false, the the program exits and the rest of the statements after Wait are NOT executed. So, if you put a Wait (4 hours) at the beginning of the Then statement for your programs, the ONLY way the rest of the statements after Wait are executed is if and only if the condition has not changed for that duration. With kind regards, Michel
  23. Hi RLIKWARTZ, I am not so sure ... this is basically just a regular IP camera and we have not touched anything camera related. With kind regards, Michel
  24. Hello vbsafire1, We are working on FanLinc + support for enhanced INSTEON protocol right now. With kind regards, Michel
  25. carealtor: we are working on it right now in addition to some other INSTEON framework changes which were necessary due to enhancements at the protocol layer by SmartHome. With kind regards, Michel

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.