Everything posted by lilyoyo1
-
Future in Insteon
I doubt it since they have a hub and PLM showing in the database.
-
Motion sensor turns light back on before I can exit
Another person recently went through the same thing.
-
Future in Insteon
The problem I see with you using zwave is device limit. With the amount of devices you'll need, you will quickly hit the isy node limit due to the extra 50 million nodes created by each zwave device. That will limit your ability to use nodeservers or integrate other stuff such as insteon keypads into your system. As @asbrilhas stated, we have different views on protocols. He prefers the lesser system ?! In all seriousness, you won't go wrong with using either one. Im only comparing insteon and zwave here because Lutron, C4, and above are in a different league. Neither one compares....including price. Newer zwave devices are faster than older....but still not as fast as insteon. At the end of the day, a delay is a delay. Once you've grown accustomed to watching everything work together, it's hard to deal with the popcorn effect. Not only that, lack of flexibility, as well as all the different variations of devices and their parameters that needs to be set.
-
Future in Insteon
It's their new hub. They also have a new switch, dial dimmer, Plm, keypad and outlet
-
Future in Insteon
That's why I said it's their nature. They've never been one to announce or talk about future plans. Outside of those having personal relationships with employees, we've always found out either through fcc filings or once something has been released
-
Future in Insteon
If you want to do it yourself with Lutron, you'll need to take their courses. You'll need the level 2 course due to the amount of devices you'll have and the need for 2 repeaters. While level 1 is free, level 2 is 650 bucks. It'll still be cheaper than paying someone to do it for you however. Getting the devices at a cheaper price is a different story however as most distributers will require you to have a business. There's always ebay though. I don't recommend it but some don't mind
-
Future in Insteon
Insteon has always been quiet. For better or worse, that's their nature. If you're worried about your investment like that, I would recommend going with zwave or something else.
-
Zwave conversion question
There's no double tap features built into GE switches
-
Zwave conversion question
Nothing. Zwave has a lot of underlying stuff built into that manufacturers of different devices can take advantage of. Most don't but it's still there.
-
Zwave conversion question
They can be removed. You'll see different nodes pop up from time to time that can be deleted
-
Upgrade to ISY994 - ELK Issue
Submit a ticket so UDI can transfer your modules
-
ISY is malfunctioning
Make sure your UI and firmware match
-
All Disabled Programs Suddenly Become Enabled
I'm with you on that. If it does let you go past 1024, I'm wondering if that's his issue....I would think it would disable programs vs enabling them though. I've never come close to the limit to find out though. It's probably contributing to the situation regardless
-
All Disabled Programs Suddenly Become Enabled
I agree with this statement. I had to back out of 5.3.1 and thinking about going back to 5.0.16. I've messed with my Isy more since this new firmware than I did all year with the other ones combined
-
All Disabled Programs Suddenly Become Enabled
Personally, I dont see a need to use variables for something like this either. I've never had an issue with disabled programs becoming enabled or vice versa for any system that i've installed. I've seen programs disappear but not enabling or disabling (outside of those upgrading to 5.0). Is it the same programs? Have you noticed a pattern? Depending on your answers, you may have something inadvertently triggering that to happen.
-
All Disabled Programs Suddenly Become Enabled
If you want help from UDI, go through the proper channels for support and submit a ticket. While UDI does chime in from time to time, this is not their preferred method for support related questions (forums are for members who want to help troubleshoot). You could also upgrade your ISY to 5.3 or 5.3.1 to see if that helps since you are on an older firmware
-
Is the Dimmer Key required
Keep in mind, if the load it's not dimmable, you can potentially have a hazardous situation on your hands
-
Is the Dimmer Key required
Yes. The 2472 will not work at all without the key
-
Z-wave switch status not updating in Admin Console
Just in case I'm wrong, you could try removing the device, factory reset the device and then re-adding it. If that doesn't work, then it is using hail. Good luck, welcome to the world of zwave
-
Z-wave switch status not updating in Admin Console
That particular switch is zwave plus but uses hail (unless leviton released it with updated firmware). I believe UDI pushed an update so the Isy worked with hail but I may be mistaken. If not, you'll have to poll the device to get status via programs. Hopefully they can chime in and let you know. @Michel Kohanim
-
Z-wave switch status not updating in Admin Console
They depends on your device. Since you've given no information about it we can only assume when we answer. If it's not a zwave plus device then your switch probably does not support instant status and requires polling. I would also clear Java cache to ensure both your UI and firmware match
-
Help with "updating" my ISY.
That device is not compatible with the isy.
-
Multi-button controller VRCS4-M0Z supported?
It probably requires custom coding to make it work with the Isy. I would put a story ticket in with udi to see if they can add it
-
How can I increase reliability of Insteon switch State?
That looks so inefficient. I would fix the issue instead of looking for Band-Aids. Smaller scenes can also work
-
Multi-button controller VRCS4-M0Z supported?
Do the buttons show up? What about using programs