Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lilyoyo1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lilyoyo1

  1. As always, clear your Java cache after an update and use the launcher from the update download page
  2. Does your UI match your firmware
  3. Philips has a warm glow version as well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017RX1JES/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_SUKbGb263JRJ2
  4. I use warm glows as well in all my homes without issue. They dim lowest of any led bulb I've tested over the years and I like the way they become warmer. Obviously it's far from being like an incandescent bulb but the effect makes them much more enjoyable than standard led bulbs when you dim them. I have found their b12 bulbs that looks like a crown inside works better than the other style. Other than that, they've been spot on across the line in regards to performance
  5. That wouldn't help. They know people want them and they want them in stock. Just having a hard time with it.
  6. You aren't the only one in need. Posting on a forum is a bad place for technical support. The time it takes going back and forth (along with dealing with a multitude of other stuff) is time consuming. A forum is good for quick support but when undivided attention is required, yes you need to call it in. By using the proper support channels, UDI can keep track of issues and possible fixes. They also can take the necessary time to get you where you want to be. It's akin to having a complicated conversation over the phone or via text. If you pick up the phone and call, you can accomplish in 10 minutes what it may take an hour to do if you text
  7. The forum is not the place to go to UDI for help. That's why they have a support page to submit a ticket. This is a peer to peer forum. The place to go for your peers to help. While UDI does chime in from time to time, help from them on here is not a guarantee.
  8. Ge devices work great with the ISY. How close was it to your ISY? Does your firmware and UI match?
  9. 5.0 and 4.0 are different firmwares. By using a UI for 4.0 branch, there will be conflicts. While, your switch may be having other problems, the mismatch will add to the problem as well
  10. As always, your firmware and ui has to match. Clear your Java cache and use the launcher
  11. It works for us, because I don't want the lights cycling on/off and there's no delay in reporting. If it happens to get too dark, the delay is overridden
  12. Did you read the Instructions on the download page prior to upgrading and follow them correctly? I'm order to go right, you must be methodical with the upgrade as well as use the launcher
  13. lilyoyo1 replied to satwar's topic in ISY994
    It would be easier to help if you'd provide more info. A switch could be anything from any company as could whatever it's attached to and other devices. The more detail you give the better the response.
  14. On the very first page of this subforum.
  15. you need to create a separate scene and configure the devices to be what you want in it. Then control the scene itself not the individual device
  16. Mine adjust when the light falls below a certain point. it doesnt trigger right away but waits about 10 minutes as it could be a passing cloud that makes temporarily dark. The same for turning off. A temporary moment of "enough light" will not trigger it to turn off.
  17. MS's are great for a lot of things. I use zwave and Insteon sensors. Speed has never been an issue even though i use programs for everything. I have them hidden to turn the underbed lights on late night. Late night, they will turn lights on to a very dim level just enough so you can see. If you need more light, you can hit the switch which will turn them on to 50% if you need more but not full on (unless you double tap) I also use my sensors to turn lights and stuff off in rooms/areas that are unoccupied. For example, if no motion is sensed on my patio for an hr and the tv or music is on, itll automatically shut everything down. This only happens at night as we could potentially be in the yard away from the sensor during the day. My zwave MS's have lux sensors built in. I use this to adjust lighting in occupied rooms vs using only sunset +/- to trigger stuff. On a cloudy or rainy day, those options do not work well which can leave you sitting in the dark or needing to physically turn on the lights (whether its remotely or by touch). By looking at the amount of light in the room, the lights will turn on by themselves. Sometimes it
  18. If its only the ISY changing the lights in a scene, then using multiple scenes instead of adjust makes perfect sense. If you want to change how the lights work at the switch manually, then you would want to use adjust scene. For example, my front porch and garage lights dim to 40% after 11. If motion is sensed, it'll turn full on and then go back to 40%. I just use multiple scenes for this with everything in them as responders. With my livingroom lights, I use adjust scenes. If you manually turn on the lights from any of the switches during the day/evening, they turn on 100%. Late night, they'll only turn on 50%.
  19. Nothing's changed. What were the steps that you took?
  20. Depends on what you mean by default. If you're just asking about it running whatever is in the "or else" then you are correct
  21. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    Excellent comparison. Though I don't use Mac (wife does), I will say it's better than a PC. I don't like the limitations apple puts on users, which is funny because I feel completely opposite in this situation.
  22. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    Id love if that worked. The problem is the people who could make that decision wouldn't. While they have a new owner, the daily decision makers are still the same people with the same backwards mentality. They have some great people who want to see insteon expand into the new age. I could see them doing something like this. Unfortunately, until the old guard is replaced, it'll always be limited.
  23. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    From that standpoint I see your point. Luckily, there are systems that do allow others to join in and work with other stuff to accomplish those goals.
  24. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    I think it's come far in the last 25 years. Especially the last 10. When I look at what I'm doing now vs the past, there's a huge difference. I remember the days of having 2 8 button keypads in all major rooms and 1 in the others. One kpl would be for the room and the other would be for the status/control of other stuff in other rooms. Then apps came along. Cancel the second kpl. Move past houselinc and on to the isy. With the syncrolinc and global cache, I could now add my audio and video to the system in regards to controlling. Still limited but beyond lights. Today it's a different world. Now, it's a single 6 button kpl (really only need 4) in the rooms and no need for an app. It'll cost you but you can achieve automation on a grander scale that's affordable. With noderservers, you can integrate harmony and sonos with your system. If I'm out on the patio with friends, as it gets late in the evening, the volume will automatically turn down on the system. That way I'm not disturbing neighbors or my wife. If I'm out there in the afternoon, and it starts getting dark, the lights will turn on. If we go inside and forget to turn stuff off, I don't have to worry about stuff being left on. Whether it's the tv, music, lights, or all, they'll turn off on their own or if I hit my goodnight button. Sometimes we'll be outside relaxing with music on in the background. We'll end up turning on the tv at which point the music volume will automatically lower. If we decide to watch a movie, the music will automatically turn off. None of this was possible years ago without multiple steps. It took a lot of time, money, and work but in the end, what's happening now is amazing especially compared to 5 years ago

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.