Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lilyoyo1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lilyoyo1

  1. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    I doubt it since they have a hub and PLM showing in the database.
  2. Another person recently went through the same thing.
  3. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    The problem I see with you using zwave is device limit. With the amount of devices you'll need, you will quickly hit the isy node limit due to the extra 50 million nodes created by each zwave device. That will limit your ability to use nodeservers or integrate other stuff such as insteon keypads into your system. As @asbrilhas stated, we have different views on protocols. He prefers the lesser system ?! In all seriousness, you won't go wrong with using either one. Im only comparing insteon and zwave here because Lutron, C4, and above are in a different league. Neither one compares....including price. Newer zwave devices are faster than older....but still not as fast as insteon. At the end of the day, a delay is a delay. Once you've grown accustomed to watching everything work together, it's hard to deal with the popcorn effect. Not only that, lack of flexibility, as well as all the different variations of devices and their parameters that needs to be set.
  4. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    It's their new hub. They also have a new switch, dial dimmer, Plm, keypad and outlet
  5. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    That's why I said it's their nature. They've never been one to announce or talk about future plans. Outside of those having personal relationships with employees, we've always found out either through fcc filings or once something has been released
  6. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    If you want to do it yourself with Lutron, you'll need to take their courses. You'll need the level 2 course due to the amount of devices you'll have and the need for 2 repeaters. While level 1 is free, level 2 is 650 bucks. It'll still be cheaper than paying someone to do it for you however. Getting the devices at a cheaper price is a different story however as most distributers will require you to have a business. There's always ebay though. I don't recommend it but some don't mind
  7. lilyoyo1 replied to DAlter01's topic in ISY994
    Insteon has always been quiet. For better or worse, that's their nature. If you're worried about your investment like that, I would recommend going with zwave or something else.
  8. There's no double tap features built into GE switches
  9. Nothing. Zwave has a lot of underlying stuff built into that manufacturers of different devices can take advantage of. Most don't but it's still there.
  10. They can be removed. You'll see different nodes pop up from time to time that can be deleted
  11. Submit a ticket so UDI can transfer your modules
  12. Make sure your UI and firmware match
  13. I'm with you on that. If it does let you go past 1024, I'm wondering if that's his issue....I would think it would disable programs vs enabling them though. I've never come close to the limit to find out though. It's probably contributing to the situation regardless
  14. I agree with this statement. I had to back out of 5.3.1 and thinking about going back to 5.0.16. I've messed with my Isy more since this new firmware than I did all year with the other ones combined
  15. Personally, I dont see a need to use variables for something like this either. I've never had an issue with disabled programs becoming enabled or vice versa for any system that i've installed. I've seen programs disappear but not enabling or disabling (outside of those upgrading to 5.0). Is it the same programs? Have you noticed a pattern? Depending on your answers, you may have something inadvertently triggering that to happen.
  16. If you want help from UDI, go through the proper channels for support and submit a ticket. While UDI does chime in from time to time, this is not their preferred method for support related questions (forums are for members who want to help troubleshoot). You could also upgrade your ISY to 5.3 or 5.3.1 to see if that helps since you are on an older firmware
  17. Keep in mind, if the load it's not dimmable, you can potentially have a hazardous situation on your hands
  18. Yes. The 2472 will not work at all without the key
  19. Just in case I'm wrong, you could try removing the device, factory reset the device and then re-adding it. If that doesn't work, then it is using hail. Good luck, welcome to the world of zwave
  20. That particular switch is zwave plus but uses hail (unless leviton released it with updated firmware). I believe UDI pushed an update so the Isy worked with hail but I may be mistaken. If not, you'll have to poll the device to get status via programs. Hopefully they can chime in and let you know. @Michel Kohanim
  21. They depends on your device. Since you've given no information about it we can only assume when we answer. If it's not a zwave plus device then your switch probably does not support instant status and requires polling. I would also clear Java cache to ensure both your UI and firmware match
  22. That device is not compatible with the isy.
  23. It probably requires custom coding to make it work with the Isy. I would put a story ticket in with udi to see if they can add it
  24. That looks so inefficient. I would fix the issue instead of looking for Band-Aids. Smaller scenes can also work
  25. Do the buttons show up? What about using programs

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.