Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jkraus

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jkraus

  1. Ok I removed my signalinc (per Michel in private email) and moved the old remotelinc far away from the PLM near a dual ban lamplinc and now all programed good. Man who would have known! Very weird. Is everyone moving away from the old remotelincs? Thanks for your help!
  2. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    interesting, I just tried updateing my mini remotelinc and it worked fine. ..but other older remotelincs ( the big ones) do not
  3. interesting, I just tried updateing my mini remotelinc and it worked fine. ..but other older remotelincs ( the big ones) do not
  4. Michel I have no Thermostat or baby monitors. I seem to have no RF communication. see my other thread. Very frustrating, do not know what to do. Thx Joe
  5. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    what do you mean by starting the linking process? I tried to link a new remotelinc and got insteon engine not detected, see other thread i entered, but now seems like the same issue
  6. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    that does not make sense to me, but nevertheless tried it, no luck
  7. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    "I am noting that the update that is failing is to change the PLM address in the RemoteLinc so the PLM is different from when the RemoteLinc was last successfully updated." yes, but what do I do about that, as even trying to link a new remotelinc will not work now. Is the PLM bad? how does one reset a remotelinc? I can try that should I try to remoter the PLM? seems like no RF communication at all
  8. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    I have tried everything it seems my communcation is null. wow, never had this issue, but everything seems to be working OK
  9. wow I must be having some communication issues see other post whee I cannot write to devices. really wondering what is going on here!
  10. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    I have now tried everywhere in the house with no success
  11. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    you comment is interesting. I did not imply that I changed the PLM but actually I did some time ago (few months back). does that cause an issue? not sure where you are heading
  12. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    thanks, but that did not help either. I am in my office where I always did this and it is in the she same room with the PLM (does that act as an access point?). it has always worked hear, but I am also having issue with adding an new remotelinc (different thread) so maybe same problem. But I also tried out near a new light switch that I know is dualband.
  13. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    thanks. strange it is in lnking mode. I have done it in the same place I always have an just tired in several place in the house but same response, wierd
  14. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    her is the event viewer Sun 11/22/2015 08:56:42 AM : [A 29 C7 1 ] Link 1 : 0FF0 [E20134E7F6000001] Writing [....34E7F6......] Sun 11/22/2015 08:56:42 AM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 0A 29 C7 0F 28 0F Sun 11/22/2015 08:56:42 AM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 0A.29.C7 0F 28 0F 06 SET-MSB(0F) Sun 11/22/2015 08:56:51 AM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 0A 29 C7 0F 28 0F Sun 11/22/2015 08:56:51 AM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 0A.29.C7 0F 28 0F 06 SET-MSB(0F) Sun 11/22/2015 08:57:00 AM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 0A 29 C7 0F 28 0F Sun 11/22/2015 08:57:00 AM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 0A.29.C7 0F 28 0F 06 SET-MSB(0F) Sun 11/22/2015 08:57:04 AM : [A 29 C7 1 ] Link 1 : 0FF0 [E20134E7F6000001] *Failed Writing [....34E7F6......] maybe not communicating, just need to be near any dual band device?
  15. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    I have the green "0101" next to some remotelinc devices, but when I try to write to them the isy communicates with the device but then finishes with no errors but the green 0101 are still there
  16. when trying to add to isy an old original Remotelinc (old type but never been used) I get the error message "Cannot determine Insteon Engine" and it does not add. any ideas?
  17. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    Ha, today when I turned it on it that the ramp even faster it would not shut off when I hit the off switch. So I pulled out the airgap and just left it alone to take a look at this weekend. I agree, very strange Maybe it is self adjusting itself in preparation for Halloween. I will try the factory reset and see if that works
  18. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    I have a switchlinc that has worked flawlessly for years but now when you turn it on either manually or remotely it ramps up and down and brightness over and over at about a five second cycle rate. I have tried a restore from the ISY but to no avail. Do you think a wire has come loose or is it just time to replace it?
  19. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    I have a switchlinc that has worked flawlessly for years but now when you turn it on either manually or remotely it ramps up and down and brightness over and over at about a five second cycle rate. I have tried a restore from the ISY but to no avail. Do you think a wire has come loose or is it just time to replace it?
  20. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    OK, I think I got it! Thx
  21. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    LeeG, one more question (I think a dumb one), the Kitchen D does not have to be physically turned on correct? i.e. it can be a responder to a scene that is turned on, that is OK correct? I would think so because as a responder to a scene the Kitchen KPL D lights up as planned, so I do not think this is part of my issue. Regarding your other suggestions I will try tonight. Thanks Joe
  22. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    thanks! you are a great help, I will try tonight! Joe
  23. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    still learning, yes. But ti seems to say at 31% even when I turn off KPL D and even if I turn off Garage lite, next time MS it is only 31%. so still an issue, I will have to study your comment further to see if I am missing something Thanks for all you rhelp
  24. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    regarding two programs, yes for some reason I always start with two to make sure then combine after, no problem with that , right? Since I left the message above it is better now, gets dim and holds the dim level, major progress, but does not go back to 81% after I turn off Kitchen D off
  25. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    LeeG does not work. Here are my programs: test - [iD 001F][Parent 0001] If Control 'KPL Kitchen.D' is switched On And Control 'KPL Kitchen.D' is not switched Off Then In Scene 'Motion Garage' Set 'Garage Back Lite' 31% (On Level) In Scene 'Back Garage-Sensor' Set 'Garage Back Lite' 31% (On Level) In Scene 'KPL Kitchen.D' Set 'Garage Back Lite' 31% (On Level) Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') then off program: test 2 - [iD 0003][Parent 0001] If Control 'KPL Kitchen.D' is switched Off And Control 'KPL Kitchen.D' is not switched On Then In Scene 'Motion Garage' Set 'Garage Back Lite' 81% (On Level) In Scene 'Back Garage-Sensor' Set 'Garage Back Lite' 81% (On Level) In Scene 'KPL Kitchen.D' Set 'Garage Back Lite' 81% (On Level) Wait 1 second Set 'Garage Back Lite' Off Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.