Release 4.0.3 Beta Is Now Available

It is not an issue with what Device Type the device is using. The problem is the device is not indicating any device type. The following message from my system (missing from your traces) contains the device type highlighted in Red. This Broadcast message is missing in all of your the traces. Without this the ISY does not know it is an Open/Close Sensor (TriggerLinc). That is why two nodes are not being defined. Other users have posted similar symptom (not with Open/Close Sensor) which was resolved by factory resetting the device.

Wed 04/24/2013 02:01:27 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 11.B8.2D 10.02.28 8B 02 01 (01)

Wed 04/24/2013 02:01:27 PM : [std-Broadcast] 11.B8.2D-->10.02.28, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

Rlebel,

It seems that every time I have some goofy problem with adding/deleting devices, folders, or programs I have an issue with my PLM. It usually either needs a reboot/power-cycle, or I actually have to do a Restore PLM. You might consider looking at your device links table. The limit has a way of catching up to you quickly, and the restore PLM fixes that (usually). I had a similar problem with the newer triggerlincs as well and the Restore PLM fixed it.

That said, I have a lot of devices with a lot of scenes, and a whole lot of programs/folders. I actually hit the program limit last week and had to really pare down some of my stuff. I noticed when I was trying to add a new program and it wouldn't let me. Once I figured it out it took me a while to actually get the programs deleted. When you're full the ISY doesn't seem to like it much, so it hassles you even when you try deleting stuff. I had to delete whole folders of programs before it would let me individually add/delete anything else. Probably not your issue (programs/folders), but the PLM may be.

My 2 cents - I'm not a moderator or troubleshooter but I use this stuff all the time and enjoy it.

Bob

Bob, thanks for the suggestions. I did power cycle the PLM/ISY and it did not help.

The Restore Modem operation seems like quite a commitment. With some 60 devices including half a dozen RF only battery powered devices it seems like getting it to run successfully would be quite a challenge. I currently have about 900 links in my PLM. And of course I would be concerned about any unrelated network activity screwing things up. Is this really a UDI recommended procedure?

I have the older 2412S. The link counts I have gotten are 914, 1862 (!!!), 867 and 867. So I'm guessing 867 is correct. When doing a Restore Modem does the ISY reprogram every device in the system in addition to the PLM? Why do the radio control devices need to be active? What happens if one or more devices are not accessible during the restore?

The 867 count may be correct or the same Insteon device sent a message during the two Show operations. Any Insteon message reaching the PLM during a Show affects the Next Pointer used to access the next link record. An Insteon message may match a link record that has not yet been read during the Show which produces a false 'low' count. If the message matches a link record that has already been read the same link records are read multiple times producing a false 'high' count. If the Insteon network is active multiple messages will move the Next Pointer around so that the count will be false but could be high, could be low.

I like to see the same count 3-4 times to take it as accurate.

Not being able to reach the RF devices is not a problem. In fact nothing should be done to the RF devices during the Restore. Any attempt to reach the RF devices will result in an error and the updates queued. When the Restore is complete put one RF device at a time into linking mode and select 'Write Updates to Device'. Putting more than one RF device into linking mode at a time cancels each other out.

Thanks for the info about the Restore Modem command Lee. I was confused by the fact that the ISY told me I needed to put all remote devices into linking mode. In fact it appears that the Restore Modem operation does not write to anything but the PLM, so that mis-direction about the remote devices is a bug.

So I did go ahead and restore the PLM. And it appears to have not helped my problem with the 2843. The tech support guy from SH was as helpful as could be, he tried linking his own 2843 and it worked properly; he even upgraded his ISY to 4.0.3 and again it worked correctly. I now have a cross-ship replacement backorder with SH but given that two 2843 have shown the same behavior I'm not so sure. I live in Santa Monica and I know UDI is somewhere in the Valley, perhaps I can bring the 2843 by for you to try?

I run the 4.03 beta firmware since you released it earlier this month - I have not had any problems upgrading the firmware (just followed your instructions, as usual,) and the about dialog shows version 4.03 for both the firmware and UI. All is running well. However, a couple of glitches:

1. In scenes that have multiple dimmers (2477D) the 'Apply changes to all devices' does not work - I click the check box, it groups them all, I perform some other operations and coming back to the same scene , the devices are ungrouped again and the check box is clear - this worked well before the upgrade.

2. After the upgrade, one of the 2476S switches has changed the Ramp Rate and has introduced a beep that was not there before. I've seen another post with the same outcome, so maybe there are some stray commands that are being sent during the upgrade. A factory reset cleared all that and it now works the way it did before

3. I installed some more 2477S and Ds (some in a 3-way circuit) - after the install and update of the ISY with the new devices, another 2476D and a 2444A3 stopped working altogether. I removed them from the respective scenes, restored factory defaults and they came back properly.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your support.

Hello gamard,

Thanks for the feedback. Comments below.

1. In scenes that have multiple dimmers (2477D) the 'Apply changes to all devices' does not work - I click the check box, it groups them all, I perform some other operations and coming back to the same scene , the devices are ungrouped again and the check box is clear - this worked well before the upgrade.

This has been the case since ISY was introduced. There are no changes to the UI. This is there just for you to be able to apply the same settings to many devices at the same time. The behavior is 100% normal.

2. After the upgrade, one of the 2476S switches has changed the Ramp Rate and has introduced a beep that was not there before. I've seen another post with the same outcome, so maybe there are some stray commands that are being sent during the upgrade. A factory reset cleared all that and it now works the way it did before

Can you please post the link to the other post? ISY firmware does not change device characteristics on its own.

3. I installed some more 2477S and Ds (some in a 3-way circuit) - after the install and update of the ISY with the new devices, another 2476D and a 2444A3 stopped working altogether. I removed them from the respective scenes, restored factory defaults and they came back properly.

If you could not at all communicate with them and now you can, then I will have to conclude that the problem has NOT gone away and that it will eventually reappear; it sounds a lot like communication issues to me.

With kind regards,

I had a few I2CS devices do strange things like this after upgrading to 3.3.10 (I think) and in each case, I was able to resolve these issues by right clicking on the affected device and selecting Query Insteon Engine. Being that the ramp rate changed, you may also need to check and fix that setting as well.

HTH

-Xathros

Installed with no problem, cleared cache.

Deleted and reinstalled leak and smoke detector.

Leak detector tested and working ok.

Smoke detector installed 7 different devices with the following values after testing:

CO 0%

Clear

Low Bat 255%

Malfunction 255%

Smoke 0%

Test 255%

I put new batteries in the smoke detector and retested by pushing the button on the smoke detector.

Values change during testing but come back to the above listed values.

The values on the admin console show on and off instead of the %'s.

Anyone else seeing this or have any thoughts?

Has anyone else seen issues with the "Pressure Rate" on the climate module?

The rate on my system has been saying "-6.27" inches/h, which would indicate one serious storm... ;)

Edit: "Find Me" is also not working, though the "-6.27" has now cleared. I have seen the "-6.27" a few times over the last week.

I haven't had that particular issue but I've experienced other issues. For example, about a month ago I discovered that several of the plants in the yard were looking rather poor. It turned out that the "Rain Today" value was stuck at two inches and the sprinklers weren't being turned on.

I honestly don't have a clue whether it's a bug in the climate module where data gets "stuck" or if it's an issue with the data provided by weather bug (I'd guess the latter). I just don't use the climate module for anything but temperature anymore. I've never had an issue with that data being incorrect.

I haven't had that particular issue but I've experienced other issues. For example, about a month ago I discovered that several of the plants in the yard were looking rather poor. It turned out that the "Rain Today" value was stuck at two inches and the sprinklers weren't being turned on.

I honestly don't have a clue whether it's a bug in the climate module where data gets "stuck" or if it's an issue with the data provided by weather bug (I'd guess the latter). I just don't use the climate module for anything but temperature anymore. I've never had an issue with that data being incorrect.

Thanks for the reply. Until now the data has been reliable. I am getting my info from an airport which is more reliable than local schools, etc. The weird part was that I saw the pressure rate at the exact same number )-6.27" on separate days. It would display that for a while - from most of the day to just an hour or so, then it would clear up and work.

I pull data from the W-Bug site every 6 minutes. Is there a recommended interval? Is that too often (or not) ?

Thanks...

Hi Candide,

We have not had that issue reported. 6 minutes is pretty good. Anything below 1 minute is very bad as their server might block you.

Hi doubleohwhatever,

Please check your error log ... I think you have network connectivity issues. Have you changed any of the network gears/settings lately?

With kind regards,

ichel

Hi Candide,

We have not had that issue reported. 6 minutes is pretty good. Anything below 1 minute is very bad as their server might block you.

Hi doubleohwhatever,

Please check your error log ... I think you have network connectivity issues. Have you changed any of the network gears/settings lately?

With kind regards,

ichel

Thanks for the reply. I changed it to 10 minutes, just to be safe. Ten minutes is still fine for me.

I thought I read that there might be a change to add another weather network - in addition to Weather bug, is there any truth to that?

Wbug is doing OK for me, but more choices would be good.

Nope no changes. I switched to another WB station and then back to the one I usually use and that fixed the problem. It's as if the one value just got stuck. I haven't noticed it happening since but I also don't use the climate module for anything other than the temperature anymore.