email stopped working on Saturday

My email notification stopped working on Saturday. The program shows that it ran normally, but no email. Nothing has been changed, but I did upgrade to 2.6.5 last week. After the upgrade the emails still worked, but stopped Saturday afternoon. Is it me. What about the smtp gateway? Thanks.

dougos2,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Would you be kind enough to check your logs for the following errors occurring on or after Saturday:

If -50010, it means that ISY could not resolve the DNS name for our gateway (router related). If -7029, it means that mail client is not configured correctly.

In all cases, please try updating your list of recipients in the Configuration tab, save it, and retry.

With kind regards,

Michel

My email notification stopped working on Saturday. The program shows that it ran normally, but no email. Nothing has been changed, but I did upgrade to 2.6.5 last week. After the upgrade the emails still worked, but stopped Saturday afternoon. Is it me. What about the smtp gateway? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

My notifications have stopped twice since I initially reported the problem on both my ISY-26 and -99. I am still running 2.6.5. In both instances errors were logged (-50010) and the notifications started again after I removed the email address and re-inserted it.

From my perspective, this is still an ongoing bug...

Dave

Hello Dave,

This is surely fixed in 2.6.6 but now I am hesitant suggesting that it should also work in 2.6.5. In 2.6.4, for a fact there was a bug which simply disabled email notifications in case of DNS error. In 2.6.6 for a fact DNS is checked for each message. So, I shall have it checked into again ....

With kind regards,

Michel

My notifications have stopped twice since I initially reported the problem on both my ISY-26 and -99. I am still running 2.6.5. In both instances errors were logged (-50010) and the notifications started again after I removed the email address and re-inserted it.

From my perspective, this is still an ongoing bug...

Dave

Dave, my pleasure and thanks so very much for keeping us up to date.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

As usual, thanks for your prompt reply. I will be moving to 2.6.6 shortly and hopefully will be rid of this anomoly. I will post again if I see this in 2.6.6.

Cheers!

Dave

I am on 2.6.6 and I was out of town several days so I did not notice that no notifications were being sent by my ISY 99 Pro for the last few days...

I have the log for the week, is there something I can look for in order to troubleshoot this???

Hello Stowaway, yes .. you could look for -50010.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

I am on 2.6.6 and I was out of town several days so I did not notice that no notifications were being sent by my ISY 99 Pro for the last few days...

I have the log for the week, is there something I can look for in order to troubleshoot this???

Thanks Michel

I have no -50010's. I knew the DNS error from another thread here. I have found no other error codes in the last 5 days. I was hoping that 2.6.6 maybe had a new undocumented tool.

I am now trying unsuccessfully to trigger a notification.

I will go through a troubleshooting process and get back to you on this.....

JIM

Michel

I am using a simple Notification test trigger - if a lite is turned on the status changes and after a short delay the ISY sends me a notification. When I view the program summary page all appears to running fine!

I have restarted my Netgear router to eliminate it as an issue.

I created one -10011 error code this morning and I have produced several -7029 errors. I am not exactly sure of the action sequence to regenerate the -7029 codes again but I will keep looking.... As I read elsewhere, the -7029 error relates to a mis-configuration of the email client. - With the number of comments here it seems we need a tool to deal with email client errors.

I am trying the steps that others have noted here. That includes deleting and re-entering a new email address. I have done this multiple times in various sequences with different email addresses and still no notification. I have tried unplugging the PLM, waiting for a minute, then plugged it in. I have tried the "restore modem" command from the console. I have tried restoring the ISY with no impact.

No solution - looking for direction…

Thanks in advance

JIM

Thanks Michel

I have no -50010's. I knew the DNS error from another thread here. I have found no other error codes in the last 5 days. I was hoping that 2.6.6 maybe had a new undocumented tool.

I am now trying unsuccessfully to trigger a notification.

I will go through a troubleshooting process and get back to you on this.....

JIM

Michel

Michel,

Thanks so much.

I have tried looking at everything I can think of -

I had forgotten that I was using notifications on a number of timers and I was surprised when they just stopped. I don't think we had any power surges/outages and the network is protected except for the PLM.

Everything seemed to be working fine before..... Let me know if you need anything or if I can do something..

JIM

Hello Jim,

I am so very sorry for the inconvenience. I have started a root cause analysis to figure out the what's causing this issue.

Thanks so very much for your patience,

With kind regards,

Michel

Jim,

FWIW, My email notifications stopped working a good while back. After I got to 2.6.6, I believed they would start working again. No such luck.

Then, while following one of the email notification threads, someone posted a key piece of info, at least for me.

I had added, removed, etc. email addresses to no avail.

However, when I followed this sequence, my notifications started working:

1. Remove All email addresses.

2. Save

3. *** Exit Admin Console.

4. Add email address.

5. Save

6. Exit Admin Console.

Worked.

The difference from what I had tried before was I had not been exiting the Admin Console.

Could be a fluke, but I'm a happy camper right now...

Frank.

Hi Frank,

This is quite strange since we have identified the problem to be in our server which has been updated without notice. Please do let me know if you still receive notifications.

Michel

Jim,

FWIW, My email notifications stopped working a good while back. After I got to 2.6.6, I believed they would start working again. No such luck.

Then, while following one of the email notification threads, someone posted a key piece of info, at least for me.

I had added, removed, etc. email addresses to no avail.

However, when I followed this sequence, my notifications started working:

1. Remove All email addresses.

2. Save

3. *** Exit Admin Console.

4. Add email address.

5. Save

6. Exit Admin Console.

Worked.

The difference from what I had tried before was I had not been exiting the Admin Console.

Could be a fluke, but I'm a happy camper right now...

Frank.

Thanks Frank and Michel,

I retried the process of removing/adding email addresses this morning and still could not generate any notifications.

My notifications stopped about 9PM EDT on 7/22. I had added a number of new notifications last weekend to make sure everything was working while we were traveling and the house/dog sitter was here taking care of the homestead! I have not been able to get the notifications process working since then.

Is this a 2.6.6 issue? I never had a problem before. Can we back up to 2.6.5?

JIM

Yes - I did. I have watched this topic for awhile and when my notifications stopped that was the first thing I tried. I think I have something else happening. different error code -7029 occasionally pops up in the log...hmmm

JIM

Jim,

When you removed added email addresses, did you remove, save, exit admin console, add, save, exit admin console.

I admit it sounds strange, but it worked for me about four weeks ago.

Frank.

Archived