.REC file

paulbates

I have a device that doesn't report its status without being queried. Its an iolinc. I tried "restore" device, and I get 

Could not open file

[CONF/######.REC]

Could n ot open config file to read

[CONF/######.REC]

Is there some easy way to address this by getting the .rec file from a backup file,  or should I delete and re-add the device and its scenes, program steps, etc?

Paul

I've had this happen a couple of times.  Deleting the device from the ISY, air gapping it then re-adding it has resolved the problem.  Fortunately, I haven't had this happen to devices that are used in a great number of scenes, programs, etc. 

If you are able to extract the needed file from the backup.zip, I don't understand how you would get the file back into the ISY's file system, other than with a system restore or through the "Configuration | Networking | Web Server" Tabs, which only exposes "/USER/WEB", not "/CONF", if that's even the correct path.  Maybe there's a method using telnet (it looks like there's "List files/directories" command), or some REST command?  I couldn't find it, and gave up.

Hi Paul,

1. Are you referring to the Sensor part of the IOLinc?

2. You already have the address for this device. You really do not have to go to the attic to relink it

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel

1. No, the contact. It doesn't show off in the ISY even though it was commanded off by a scene and definitely turns off. The ISY won't catch up until queried. A "restore device" should have addressed I think, but won't work.

2. This is one of my older devices. I've had similar problems with it over the years a few times, typically going up and putting in linking mode is required to get it talking again. Its controlling the output from a 24vac transformer that's plugged in all the time. I'm eventually  putting an outletlinc there so I'm not powering the transformer when its not actually in use, which is a majority of the time

Could this potentially be the symptom of a failing SD card?

Thanks.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks. Yes, this could be a symptom of failing SD Card. If you have another SD Card handy:

1. Take a backup

2. Restore your LAST good backup

3. If you have the same issue, then it's probably not card (your backup has the same configuration)

4. If you don't have the same issue OR if it just completely fails, then there's a likelihood that it's your SD Card

5. To replace SD Card:

- Unplug ISY

- Replace the SD Card with a new one

- Reinstall the firmware

- Restore your backup

With kind regards,

Michel

Hey Michel

Checking in. Fortunately I got the same results from a couple of week old restore, so I don't think its the card. The PLM is pretty close to 3 years, but its link table is still what's expected

I eventually had to factory reset the iolinc to get it working, but I've had that exact problem with it in the past and prior to having the ISY.

We had a major power incident a few weeks before the backup, I guessing whatever happened is traceable to that

Thanks!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks. Yes, this could be a symptom of failing SD Card. If you have another SD Card handy:
1. Take a backup
2. Restore your LAST good backup
3. If you have the same issue, then it's probably not card (your backup has the same configuration)
4. If you don't have the same issue OR if it just completely fails, then there's a likelihood that it's your SD Card
5. To replace SD Card:
- Unplug ISY
- Replace the SD Card with a new one
- Reinstall the firmware
- Restore your backup

With kind regards,
Michel

• 1 year later...

Archived