Can't even load software

Definitely here just for spreading spam. Text is always  looks like related nonsense.

8 posts inside 2 minutes.

Yes, and sadly I responded to one.  Wasted my time.  It looks like his posts are copies of other posts.  I have no idea what the reason for doing that is.  I can't imagine how that benefits the "spammer" in this case since there are no references to anything they might be selling.

MRCW, ISY/UDI are definitely not for you. It should be quite easy to return your unit back to SmartHome. If you are having any problems, you are welcome to send your invoice to sales@universal-devices.com and we'll help you get a refund.

MrBill, thank you for the feedback. Can you please let me know what else you were thinking of having in Quick Start guide above and beyond what's in here? 

http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/production/Quick%20Setup%20Guide%20994i.Rev%207.pdf 

Please note that this is quick start guide. The comprehensive user guide is also on the Wiki. 

With kind regards,

​Michel

Well, Thanks for your help... I can now see why UDI and ISY is difficult to get started...

With an attitude to customers...its just not for you... is pathetic... I've been an active user of computers since 1985 and have managed numerous small business networks and personal networks for quite some time. Your system is not intuitive, fraught with dropped links and seems to have numerous problems, hence such a strong need for a user forum to help sort out all your mistakes...

I have moved on and the rest of the world will not be waiting on such a poor customer service attitude and platform... It seems like this ISY/UDI platform is for those that want to to spend hours trying to fix their systems because you folks refuse to keep up and support the latest generation of GUI.

To all you current users... I wish you the best of luck spending laborious hours getting and keeping your system running...

MRCW, ISY/UDI are definitely not for you. It should be quite easy to return your unit back to SmartHome. If you are having any problems, you are welcome to send your invoice to sales@universal-devices.com and we'll help you get a refund.

MrBill, thank you for the feedback. Can you please let me know what else you were thinking of having in Quick Start guide above and beyond what's in here? 

http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/production/Quick%20Setup%20Guide%20994i.Rev%207.pdf 

Please note that this is quick start guide. The comprehensive user guide is also on the Wiki. 

With kind regards,

​Michel

Well, Thanks for your help... I can now see why UDI and ISY is difficult to get started...

With an attitude to customers...its just not for you... is pathetic... I've been an active user of computers since 1985 and have managed numerous small business networks and personal networks for quite some time. Your system is not intuitive, fraught with dropped links and seems to have numerous problems, hence such a strong need for a user forum to help sort out all your mistakes...

I have moved on and the rest of the world will not be waiting on such a poor customer service attitude and platform... It seems like this ISY/UDI platform is for those that want to to spend hours trying to fix their systems because you folks refuse to keep up and support the latest generation of GUI.

To all you current users... I wish you the best of luck spending laborious hours getting and keeping your system running...

That's not an attitude it's simply the truth.Especially when you specifically stated you were sending your unit back. While some may be put off by his bluntness, the fact that he is willing to help facilitate you getting your money back speaks volumes. Personally, I like that. I'd rather a company let me know something isn't for me rather than talk me into keeping something that I later regret even more.

No one cares about your background. Everyone here is from different walks of life and backgrounds. Some have an easier time than others. Hell, I've seen engineers struggle with A/V systems. That doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing; it's simply different than what they are accustomed to. Personally, i've never spent hours on the ISY or any system. Hell, my girl (knows nothing of the system) was able to get up and running after 15 minutes of perusing the forums.  

Looking at the large amount of Thank you posts where UDI has helped those who has gotten stuck also shows their willingness to help those in need. Michel being the CEO also having a presence on this forum also shows how far he is willing to support the ISY and its community. UDI is here to help but they aren't here to baby anyone. You say you found a better system kudos and enjoy

That's not an attitude it's simply the truth.Especially when you specifically stated you were sending your unit back. While some may be put off by his bluntness, the fact that he is willing to help facilitate you getting your money back speaks volumes. Personally, I like that. I'd rather a company let me know something isn't for me rather than talk me into keeping something that I later regret even more.

No one cares about your background. Everyone here is from different walks of life and backgrounds. Some have an easier time than others. Hell, I've seen engineers struggle with A/V systems. That doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing; it's simply different than what they are accustomed to. Personally, i've never spent hours on the ISY or any system. Hell, my girl (knows nothing of the system) was able to get up and running after 15 minutes of perusing the forums.  

Looking at the large amount of Thank you posts where UDI has helped those who has gotten stuck also shows their willingness to help those in need. Michel being the CEO also having a presence on this forum also shows how far he is willing to support the ISY and its community. UDI is here to help but they aren't here to baby anyone. You say you found a better system kudos and enjoy

Just some  of the posts on this thread and the CEO's concession that things need to get updated seems to refute some of your comments... One should not have to visit a "forum" to get a software/hardware product up and running... Keep drinking that koolaid

Just some  of the posts on this thread and the CEO's concession that things need to get updated seems to refute some of your comments... One should not have to visit a "forum" to get a software/hardware product up and running... Keep drinking that koolaid

You don't "have to" visit a forum. There are other ways to get help from UDI. Wow, that KoolAid was refreshing B)

The fact that you don't see numerous posts needing help just to get started speaks volumes. Are there some? Of course, you will always find people needing help. However those posts are minimum and generally something basic was overlooked. While things may need work, it hasn't been an impediment to most users.

Since you're a so called computer/networking guy as well as self professed lurker of this exact forum, one would think you at least had some type of handle on things.

Welcome to the 21st century! You are living in the 1980s.

Between the dreamware features posted on every CPU based device box in the stores,  and the imaginary 1834 page manual UDI is right in there with the rest of the world. I have opened devices that had an instruction manual showing picture of the plug and a receptacle, steps 1 through 4.

See www.dreamware.com for the full description and details of my post.

That's just the way it's going today. No more sitting on the throne with the manual, without a charger plugged into a GFCI.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the 21st century! You are living in the 1980s.

Between the dreamware features posted on every CPU based device box in the stores,  and the imaginary 1834 page manual UDI is right in there with the rest of the world. I have opened devices that had an instruction manual showing picture of the plug and a receptacle, steps 1 through 4.

See www.dreamware.com for the full description and details of my post.

That's just the way it's going today. No more sitting on the throne with the manual, without a charger plugged into a GFCI.

What is up with the crazy link to dreamware  ????  Have you been hacked?

What is up with the crazy link to dreamware  ????  Have you been hacked?

Nope. It's the same website  describing the exact features of almost every new product in the shiny blank box to potential victims customers. It doesn't exist, so we just dream what the prooduct will do, and lay down our money. It's the latest working advertising model.  I see you wanted more information too. :)

Nope. It's the same website  describing the exact features of almost every new product in the shiny blank box to potential victims customers. It doesn't exist, so we just dream what the prooduct will do, and lay down our money. It's the latest working advertising model.  I see you wanted more information too. :)

OK, I get it.  Thought someone was trying to sell the domain.  

There is a lot of truth to what you say.  Figuring out how to use my new Amazon echo, Google home, IFTTT, etc where all done by trial and error plus google searches yielding freelance tutorials.

Archived