getting frustrated KPL, RL ISY

jkraus

Hi Joe,

Please do me a huge favor: go to Link Management | Advanced Options and let me know what mode you are on.

Please contact us whenever you are free since I would surely want to fix this as much (if not more) than you do. I truly apologize for all the problems you've been experiencing.

With kind regards,

Michel

now key 4 stopped working...I GIVE UP!

Thanks Rand,

Do you have any suggestions (as tough to find time to call when at home)?

Basically when I link an RL, most of the keys work, sometimes one does not. Do an RL restore and they all work, but add any of the keys to scenes and that key or another key will stop working.

Now on second RL, so doubt it is an RL failure (but of course possible)

Joe

in trying to "debug", there should not be an issue with a RL key and a KP key being in the same scene should there? Is it more appropriate to create a duplicate scene for each controller (I did not think so , but trying to debug)

No, that shouldn't create any errors.

I am out of ideas.

Please submit a trouble ticket here and I'm sure Michel can find a time that meets your schedule.

Rand

OK for All:

Got a nice call from Darrell From UD today and he suggested when I link and RL to wait for the time out of the RL (i.e. when LED quits blinking) instead of waiting until all 6 keys are showing up and then hitting a key like I have been doing before. He thought that may be corrupting the linc.

Well I tried tonight just a few mins ago and all worked well. Before I am 100% convinced, give me a few hours or a day, but it does not seem to exhibit the strange issues I had before, so I think we may have it here.

Am I the only one not waiting until the time out? Seems this issue would have come up before. Nevertheless, thanks for all the attention, we may have it fixed (fingers crossed)!

Joe

OK for All:

Got a nice call from Darrell From UD today and he suggested when I link and RL to wait for the time out of the RL (i.e. when LED quits blinking) instead of waiting until all 6 keys are showing up and then hitting a key like I have been doing before. He thought that may be corrupting the linc.

Well I tried tonight just a few mins ago and all worked well. Before I am 100% convinced, give me a few hours or a day, but it does not seem to exhibit the strange issues I had before, so I think we may have it here.

Am I the only one not waiting until the time out? Seems this issue would have come up before. Nevertheless, thanks for all the attention, we may have it fixed (fingers crossed)!

Joe

It's that simple?

Good job Darrell 8)

I do always take the RemoteLinc out of linking mode after programming. Press the Bright or Dim button once to exit linking mode, you don't need to wait for the timeout.

Joe, please don't hesitate to call when something comes up. I am learning that a live discussion reveals many things hidden in emails and forum posts.

Rand

It's that simple?

Good job Darrell 8)

I do always take the RemoteLinc out of linking mode after programming. Press the Bright or Dim button once to exit linking mode, you don't need to wait for the timeout.

Thanks Rand :wink: .

The problem is this: when you link or restore the RL, and then press one of the number buttons (either on or off) to exit linking mode, it seems that the link for that button is being corrupted--the first byte is changed to a 0x02! It's okay to press one of the All On/All Off/Bright/Dim buttons, or to just let the RL time out.

After I ran across this problem myself (and discovered the link corruption), I started testing with customers who called with an RL problem, and have already talked to at least two with this problem (it seems natural to reach over and tap one of the number buttons to take the RL out of linking mode, right?). Joe makes three, and I think that's sufficient data that I'm going to send this off to Smarthome.

Joe, thanks so much for the feedback; it is helpful and appreciated.

Archived