DST

KR

It's that time of year.

Is the Daylight Saving switch working in v 2.7.0?

When I check the switch on and off under Configuration (and Synchronize, restart the console, etc), Sunrise and Sunset times do not change.

Is that as it should be? Something that needs to be done at the box? Or does DST actually have to start for this to work? (Not sure if the NTP stuff is DST aware in any way..)

Thanks,

Hi KR,

The reason that toggling Daylight Saving box has no impact is because, currently, we are still in Standard Time and therefore, clicking that box has no impact now. Comes 3/8 at 2:00 AM, ISY will automatically move the clock to 3:00 AM.

With kind regards,

Michel

It's that time of year.

Is the Daylight Saving switch working in v 2.7.0?

When I check the switch on and off under Configuration (and Synchronize, restart the console, etc), Sunrise and Sunset times do not change.

Is that as it should be? Something that needs to be done at the box? Or does DST actually have to start for this to work? (Not sure if the NTP stuff is DST aware in any way..)

Thanks,

So the purpose of the check box is "move in and out of DST when the time comes" as opposed to "enable DST now"? If so, fantastic.

Correct. Only because there are still locations in the world that do not change to DST.

Using the time on an accurate PC updates the time correctly because DST is already applied but the NTP connection acquires world time which must be converted to local time.

Rand

Just a note of question!

I just upgraded to a 99 (from a 26), at the same time I installed 2.7. Last night as well passed through DST, I noted all my "Last Run", Last Finish", and "Next Scheduled" boxes became empty? Also I have one program that "Runs at Start-up". The program no longer showed that it should run at start-up. I (remotely) re-set the run at startup. I'm concerned how this happened and wheter there are any other un-seen things lurking!

aLf

Archived