54 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I don't know if you know the way of UDI or noticed but they don't generally give out firm dates. It'll happen, they just won't say when regardless of how asked or how often 

Remember the v5.0.5 rants, demanding, and crying? ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I don't know if you know the way of UDI or noticed but they don't generally give out firm dates. It'll happen, they just won't say when regardless of how asked or how often 

I joined this forum over 11 years ago, @lilyoyo1. Admittedly, my activity level varies with how much I’m “fiddling” with home automation and my ISY, but I am very familiar with the company and their stance on a variety of things. Overall, I remain a loyal customer and for some things, even a fan. For others, I am less enamored. The ISY continues to use Java, which I find less than ideal. And, I have some decisions to make in the next year about some platform investments, so my curiosity is heightened because of that. I thought I might be ignored, and that is Michel’s prerogative. But my curiosity remains, and I suspect it exists for others as well. Information is useful in planning, so I seek it. 

55 minutes ago, madcodger said:

I joined this forum over 11 years ago, @lilyoyo1. Admittedly, my activity level varies with how much I’m “fiddling” with home automation and my ISY, but I am very familiar with the company and their stance on a variety of things. Overall, I remain a loyal customer and for some things, even a fan. For others, I am less enamored. The ISY continues to use Java, which I find less than ideal. And, I have some decisions to make in the next year about some platform investments, so my curiosity is heightened because of that. I thought I might be ignored, and that is Michel’s prerogative. But my curiosity remains, and I suspect it exists for others as well. Information is useful in planning, so I seek it. 

I can understand that. In the end you have to do what you feel is best for you. Even if Michel said next year, if UDI isn't ready for it by then it'll be 2021. I can respect that he'd lose you as a customer vs rushing out something premature which will cause much more consternation. 

Since Polisy doesn't use Java and the ISY will end up being Ported to that, I do feel the end is near. However, knowing how methodical they are, it's probably some ways off prior to being released.

If you can't wait that long to be done with Java, you can always come back once the change is made (if you don't like your new system). You already have your ISY so it's not like you have to invest in it again (unless you get rid of it). 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:51 AM, lilyoyo1 said:

I can understand that. In the end you have to do what you feel is best for you. Even if Michel said next year, if UDI isn't ready for it by then it'll be 2021. I can respect that he'd lose you as a customer vs rushing out something premature which will cause much more consternation. 

Since Polisy doesn't use Java and the ISY will end up being Ported to that, I do feel the end is near. However, knowing how methodical they are, it's probably some ways off prior to being released.

If you can't wait that long to be done with Java, you can always come back once the change is made (if you don't like your new system). You already have your ISY so it's not like you have to invest in it again (unless you get rid of it). 

UDI is more transparent on bugs and product evolution than any company that I know of.  It may cast a shadow of imperfections, but in fact it gives me, and many others, the confidence that UDI knows what needs to be fixed and and that they have (an almost obsessive) determination to get it right.

Edited by asbril
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 7:51 AM, lilyoyo1 said:

the ISY will end up being Ported to that,

Has this been confirmed? I've been tempted to purchase one, but if this is true, then its a no brainer for me.

5 minutes ago, cswelin said:

Has this been confirmed? I've been tempted to purchase one, but if this is true, then its a no brainer for me.

Yes. It has been stated many times on here by Michel and it's on the Polisy webpage. With that said, it's not an immediate port. Knowing how UDI operates I don't see it happening for  at least another year at the earliest though I most definitely could be wrong. 

26 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Yes. It has been stated many times on here by Michel and it's on the Polisy webpage. With that said, it's not an immediate port. Knowing how UDI operates I don't see it happening for  at least another year at the earliest though I most definitely could be wrong. 

Excellent, good to hear. 

*opens wallet*

Edited by cswelin
  • 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, icerabbit said:

So, having been run around, unable to log into my ISY nor use ISY Launcher via Mac OS X for ... I'm going to say at least a year now ... the solution will be to buy a new box???

What happened when you submitted a support ticket?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Motion Sensor II.... so now on 5.16b, I decided to update my MSII.... previously they were generic. This has entailed deleting the existing node, and re-linking the MS as a II. This has been a really frustrating process... My ISY has crashed twice, the admin console continues to crash as well. Upon restarting the admin console, either most items or all items show no status. System continually reports a System Busy Bar... This time it is on its roughly 20th bar.. and has ben cycling for about 15 minutes. Just stopped, and I have about 10% status reporting on my devices. 

Any ideas what's going on? Everything was stable up to this effort. 

Thanks.

Update: Clear Java cache, seems to help. The action I have been attempting is under options to eliminate the extra nodes. It is during this last update attempt that the Isy crashes and has to restart.  Each reconnection to ISYthrough admin takes an extremely long time and generally only gives 20-80% of the status of my devices....

After restarting and clearing java cache, system seems to get stable again. Seems to be the eliminating of the nodes causes the problems. 

Edited by dbwarner5
13 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

Update: Clear Java cache, seems to help. The action I have been attempting is under options to eliminate the extra nodes. It is during this last update attempt that the Isy crashes and has to restart.  Each reconnection to ISYthrough admin takes an extremely long time and generally only gives 20-80% of the status of my devices....

Does your firmware and UI match?

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought an isy99i and am trying to use it for the first time (Windows 7).  I updated to the latest Java release, and can get to http://isy, but when I try to open the admin console, I get Java error "The application cannot be run"  Name:com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDCli..., location: http://isy    Reason: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Response is unreliaable: its validity interval is out-of-date.

How do I solve this problem?

15 minutes ago, Tntmold said:

I just bought an isy99i and am trying to use it for the first time (Windows 7).  I updated to the latest Java release, and can get to http://isy, but when I try to open the admin console, I get Java error "The application cannot be run"  Name:com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDCli..., location: http://isy    Reason: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Response is unreliaable: its validity interval is out-of-date.

How do I solve this problem?

99 or 994? If 99 it doesn't work with it as it hasn't been updated in about 5 years

Edited by lilyoyo1