*FIXED* USI Portal is down a LOT...

starmanj

It seems in the last few weeks, the portal is down as much as it's up...I have Alexa's side by side with Google Homes in about 16 different rooms across two homes.  Alexa will simply say it can't find a group or device names whatever I said.  Only the google Home will actually say the ISY portal is down.  And it happens a LOT.

Are there reliability issues ongoing with the Portal that we are not aware of???

36 minutes ago, starmanj said:

It seems in the last few weeks, the portal is down as much as it's up...I have Alexa's side by side with Google Homes in about 16 different rooms across two homes.  Alexa will simply say it can't find a group or device names whatever I said.  Only the google Home will actually say the ISY portal is down.  And it happens a LOT.

Are there reliability issues ongoing with the Portal that we are not aware of???

There has been no unplanned downtime for quite a while.

Please open a ticket with your UUID(s), and the date/time of a failed request, and I will investigate the logs.

Thanks,

Benoit

We use ISY portal services daily via echo and have had no misses in quite some time...outside of published maintenance windows, or a recent ISP outage  due to downed lines.
Ditto

When echo doesn't understand all words it will sometimes tell you it found more than one "possibility". It lies a bit but gets the job done.

Lately I get a lot of bad reports from echoes with it "can't find anything fitting that description" and does it anyway. Or agrees and confirms but doesn't do what it's asked.

Google Home just makes an assumption and operates anything or everything that comes closest in sound

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

We haven't noticed any down time, and use Echo in 3 rooms. Other than it not hearing clear commands (thanks to a loud child or other background noise) it's worked just fine the numerous times we've used it (and trust me, during summer break it's getting a workout by wife and kid). Other than a few ISP dropped connections (due to storms) we haven't had any issues.

• 1 month later...

My ISY Portal to ISY connection just locked up at 2:00 PM today. If ound it tonight when I got home and my Dots complained that the hub involved was not functioning.

Loading the admin console, everything loaded but the message "Initialising" was displayed permanently. ISY Portal app complained ISY was down, also. All other ISY functions I tested seemed to work properly, including NRs and NodeLink.

Rebooted ISY to a working system again. That is a first for me. The ISY and ISY Portal just decided they didn't like each other today. ISY V5.0.13C

I have been getting far too many Alexa responses of "OK" when, in fact, the spoken was not executed. I have reached the point where I check behind Alexa's response of "OK" to see if, in fact, the desired action occurred. That defeats the purpose of using spokens. Are others having the same problem?

Archived