$23.00 ISY Portal Subscription

Teken

I guess its been awhile since I last reviewed the costs for the ISY Portal. I believe in the past a two year subscription was the standard $49.00 for the two years. That's $24.50 per year or $0.067 per day to use the ISY Portal and the many features it offers.

Fast forward to June 30, 2018, I decided to enroll another ISY Series Controller for the ISY Portal for a long term project.

To my shock and amazement the ISY Portal's everyday price is $23.00 for two years?!?! Or $11.50 per year which comes out to be a meager $0.0315 per day!! :shock:

As many here know I am truly not a fan of subscription services and believe Michel indicated in the past, either is he. Having said this, its quite apparent Michel and company are dead serious in making the ISY Portal one of the major building blocks for the ISY Series Controller. So in offering the ISY Portal for such a low price it makes the decision to purchase said portal subscription a no brainer!!

Thank You to Michel and Company in offering one of the best values, service, and Home Automation Controller in the world.

I'll be blogging about this in many other forums I frequent when the topic arises for sure. 

As an aside, I believe this is a good move to help push the adoption of the ISY Portal while also bolstering a modest revenue stream for the company. I hope to see more portal integration features for cloud based services which pertain to HVAC services. I'm not a fan of this whole cloud dependency for various reasons. But, since this is the direction the entire industry is heading my views are to embrace it if and when it makes sense.

I believe connecting the companies like Nest, EcoBee, Honeywell, et all . . .

Should be the first step of this whole cloud based integration as this will allow the *Me Too* crowd the ability to easily and seamlessly integrate the ISY Series Controller with out the need to prop up some kind of middleware such as  a RPi. There are many existing solutions such as Polyglot, Node Link, etc which help those technical enthusiasts to accomplish this now. But, again the reason so many of the *Me Too* crowd have gravitated in droves to the likes of Smartthings is the dead easy setup, slick UI, and massive integration with various products and services.

Looking forward to seeing what the UDI team has under their sleeve for 2018 and beyond ~ Thank You!! 

4 minutes ago, cyberk said:

If you ask me, if it’s going to help development, the price should be increased. Michel, charge me $50 a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I totally agree, but of course Michel should think about price elasticity and find the right price level for the maximum number of subscribers, collectively giving the highest possible total revenue.

In the meantime what we all can do is give ISY visibility on the web wherever Zwave and Insteon are covered. When I review Zwave devices on Amazon or elsewhere I always mention ISY as the best hub.

Thank you all for the feedback.

We took many factors into consideration before coming up with the price the three most important of which were:

1. We still believe in local processing and don't want to move everything to the cloud
2. There are toyish competitors that offer Alexa/Google Home for free. Unfortunately for us (and fortunately for all our respective customers), we need to compete with them at some level
3. We still need to pay for infrastructure

Thanks again.

With kind regards,
Michel

agree totally! GO @MICHEL and team!

I guess its been awhile since I last reviewed the costs for the ISY Portal. I believe in the past a two year subscription was the standard $49.00 for the two years. That's $24.50 per year or $0.067 per day to use the ISY Portal and the many features it offers.
Fast forward to June 30, 2018, I decided to enroll another ISY Series Controller for the ISY Portal for a long term project.
To my shock and amazement the ISY Portal's everyday price is $23.00 for two years?!?! Or $11.50 per year which comes out to be a meager $0.0315 per day!! :shock:
As many here know I am truly not a fan of subscription services and believe Michel indicated in the past, either is he. Having said this, its quite apparent Michel and company are dead serious in making the ISY Portal one of the major building blocks for the ISY Series Controller. So in offering the ISY Portal for such a low price it makes the decision to purchase said portal subscription a no brainer!!
Thank You to Michel and Company in offering one of the best values, service, and Home Automation Controller in the world.
I'll be blogging about this in many other forums I frequent when the topic arises for sure. 
As an aside, I believe this is a good move to help push the adoption of the ISY Portal while also bolstering a modest revenue stream for the company. I hope to see more portal integration features for cloud based services which pertain to HVAC services. I'm not a fan of this whole cloud dependency for various reasons. But, since this is the direction the entire industry is heading my views are to embrace it if and when it makes sense.
I believe connecting the companies like Nest, EcoBee, Honeywell, et all . . .
Should be the first step of this whole cloud based integration as this will allow the *Me Too* crowd the ability to easily and seamlessly integrate the ISY Series Controller with out the need to prop up some kind of middleware such as  a RPi. There are many existing solutions such as Polyglot, Node Link, etc which help those technical enthusiasts to accomplish this now. But, again the reason so many of the *Me Too* crowd have gravitated in droves to the likes of Smartthings is the dead easy setup, slick UI, and massive integration with various products and services.
Looking forward to seeing what the UDI team has under their sleeve for 2018 and beyond ~ Thank You!! 

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

If you ask me, if it’s going to help development, the price should be increased. Michel, charge me $50 a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too complicated but I would like to see
a 30 day free trial,
a $50 for the first two years and
a renewal fee of $10 - $15 per year after that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Teken said:

The current renewal price is only $12.00 USD per year there after.  

My logic is

New users should be enticed with a free trial.

New users should pay for initial development

Old users should pay for server and software maintenance.

Really old users, like Teken, should just pay as much as they can :)

I applaud UDI for being so supportive of its existing customers. Unlike our ISPs who offer financial inducements to new customers and gouge their faithful longterm customers until they are compelled to threaten switching to a competitor. That practice astounds me and is the primary reason I have no allegiance to my provider. Michel, we are grateful for the service UDI provides.

Archived