CLOSED --- Z-Wave 500 Series Beta

I’ve found that starting with 5.12 (I think), if the ISY is added into an existing network, it will erase any existing associations in all the nodes and create new associations to just the ISY.  Needless to say nobody in the house was happy when all of a sudden none of the virtual 3 way switches using the GoControl WT00Z-1 switches would control any lights anymore nor did any of the lights controlled using the double tap feature of the GE ZWave Plus switches function either.  I’m not happy that I now need to rebuild all those direct associations on every switch (30+ switches total)!  The ISY never touched those associations before and only removed associations that existed to nodes not on the network.  Until either this “feature” can be disabled or it’s rolled back to the way it functioned before, the ISY just isn’t an option for me now for Z-Wave and I’ve had to exclude it from my Z-Wave network.  Doesn’t seem like much thought was put into this change in functionality or the impact it would have.  

Late to the party...

Reviewing the previous reports, I took some time before installing the new board to thoroughly document the entire z-wave configuration and map out the network.  (I was a bit surprised -- somehow, at some time, as I added more z-wave devices, the Aeotec Siren that I had strategically placed to repeat the secure z-wave signals ended up completely un-used; nothing secure is actually routing through it anymore!  Time to find a new place for that device.)

As part of that activity, I ended up with one of my battery-powered door sensors stuck in a state where it has writes/updates pending.  Couldn't get those to clear no matter what I did (5.0.13 firmware).  It's working fine, just endlessly has the green flag indicating that there are writes pending.  Waking the device results in the log noting that there's work to do, then it doesn't do any work, and puts it back to sleep.  I changed things so that the ISY no longer put devices back to sleep automatically, and told it that the door sensor in question is always awake, and then removed the cover (which puts the device in a "tamper" state and according to its documentation leaves it awake)... the log changed (no longer put the device to sleep) but still nothing to write.  I messed with this for quite a while before just leaving it as-is, and putting the z-wave configuration back again.  Perhaps I'll start another thread on this issue if anyone wants to dig into it more.

The hardware upgrade was easy -- as I removed the old board and disconnected my external antenna, I realized that I hadn't told the ISY to switch to the internal antenna, and wondered how that would work since the new board doesn't have an external antenna connector at all.  The lack of the LED on the new board made it a lot easier to install.  Power-up was as-expected.  My programs that poll a few z-wave devices started logging errors in the log (since the z-wave board didn't yet know about the devices); I took that as a good sign.  No antenna selection menu appeared with the new board, so clearly there's no special steps required if one has an external antenna on the old board.

The back restored quickly and correctly.  I did a query all as soon as that finished, and all was well with the Insteon network, and mostly well with the z-wave network.  The battery-powered nodes did not report (as expected), and one of my multi-sensors was likewise blank.  Turns out that somehow (probably my error, and nothing to do with the upgrade) that powered sensor got marked as NOT being awake all the time.  I fixed that setting, and it queried just fine.  The problem with the pending writes to the door sensor remained -- although the door sensor worked just fine with both new and old z-wave board.

I checked my secure devices -- since that seems to be what's giving folks difficulty here -- all working fine.

So, I did a network heal, and checked again -- all working fine.

Next steps: my two z-wave plus occupancy sensors in the basement are not securely enrolled; I'm going to exclude them and re-enroll them to see if that changes now that the ISY is also z-wave plus.  I'm dreadfully curious about the bogus pending writes on that z-wave door sensor (nothing to do with the upgrade to the hardware), so I'll probably swap that with a spare, so I can work with the errant device on my workbench.  Oh - and I'll have take apart the ISY again to remove the antenna -- I'll want to keep that for my spare/test ISY, since the old board doesn't seem to have the range I'd like without that.  I know it varies from situation to situation, but it made a distinct difference for me!

In summary - all well with the upgrade so far.

@blueman2, thanks for the report. I have forwarded to Chris.

@ChadS, what you are discussing is the same concept as having INSTEON devices linked to each other without ISY knowing about them. All you need to do is to put those devices in scenes and ISY will recreate the associations. 

@mwester , thanks so very much for the detailed feedback. With regards to the perpetual pending writes, have you tried 5.0.13A? This was one of the bugs that was fixed.

With kind regards,
Michel

15 hours ago, rlcrook said:

I received the new dongle yesterday at same time I received brand new ISY to replace one that a storm took out. After getting the new ISY up and running  on 5.0.13 I added all my insteon devices, and all is well on that front. this morning I put the new dongle in and proceeded to add my z-wave devices starting by doing a factory reset on aeotec repeater located about 5 ft away from the ISY and was successful adding that. Next up was my go control GC-TBZ48 thermostat. I tried removing /excluding it multiple times with no success, ultimately having to really hunt down instructions on how to do a factory reset on t-state. Once reset to factory defaults, the ISY was able to find and add it very quickly.

I have a go-control dimmer and GE z-wave dimmer that no matter what I do, I can't seem to either get the ISY to exclude or to factory reset the switches so I then add them to the ISY. I know I must be missing something, but I'm not sure what is. Any suggestions on how I can get these into my ISY?

Update: Had to physically move ISY to within 3 feet in order to exclude. Moved the ISY back to it's normal location, and they added instantly.

I installed the new dongle this morning and on the surface, everything seemed to be perfect. I only have 3 Z-Wave devices in the system right now; an Aeotec doorbell and 2 Multisensor6's.

I could ring the doorbell and get sensor reading from both MS's.

But when I queried the MS6's the system stayed busy for 84 seconds and the device communication events were horrendous. See the attached log rather than me dropping 705 lines into this post.

In addition there is nearly continuous traffic going on between the MS's6 and the ISY -  and its all the same sort of messages as in the attached log.

ISY-Events-Log.v5.0.13A__Mon 2018.07.16 11.58.26 AM.txt

On 7/12/2018 at 11:01 PM, Teken said:

Would have loved to Beta test on this but was on the wrong side of the 49th parallel . . . :(

I run about 44 degrees and still in Canucksville. You need to draw a new line in the sand. :)

I received and installed my dongle (and purchased the needed Z-Wave module for the ISY since I didn't have a prior generation dongle). Where is the best place to ask some likely fundamental ISY + Z-Wave questions? Such as:

As a starting point, i have picked up some Leviton VRF01-1LZ z-wave fan speed controls, an Aeotec Smart Switch 6 and an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5. I got the Z-Stick primarily as a way to load firmware to the Aeotec devices I have or will get in the future. Is this needed with the new ISY 500 series Z-Wave dongle or would I be able to check/update firmware on such devices directly?

EDIT: From the Aeotec support page for the latest firmware for the Smart Switch 6, it says: "As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Smart Switch 6 is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Smart Switch 6's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Smart Switch 6's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stickfrom Aeotec and Microsoft Windows."

If the ISY dongle will not, what would be the best way to manage the process of updating the firmware on such Aeotec devices?

Can/should the Z-Stick be added to the ISY Z-Wave network? I assume as a controller it cannot or should not, but just want to be sure.

If not, then I assume I would need to move each Aeotec device that needed a firmware update from the ISY z-wave network to the z-stick and then move it back. Is this as simple as excluding it on the ISY and then adding it to the Z-stick, then update the firmware, and then remove/exclude it from the z-stick and add it back on the ISY?

I'll probably have more such questions as I go along.

45 minutes ago, MrTinker said:

I received and installed my dongle (and purchased the needed Z-Wave module for the ISY since I didn't have a prior generation dongle). Where is the best place to ask some likely fundamental ISY + Z-Wave questions? Such as:

As a starting point, i have picked up some Leviton VRF01-1LZ z-wave fan speed controls, an Aeotec Smart Switch 6 and an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5. I got the Z-Stick primarily as a way to load firmware to the Aeotec devices I have or will get in the future. Is this needed with the new ISY 500 series Z-Wave dongle or would I be able to check/update firmware on such devices directly?

EDIT: From the Aeotec support page for the latest firmware for the Smart Switch 6, it says: "As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Smart Switch 6 is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Smart Switch 6's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Smart Switch 6's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stickfrom Aeotec and Microsoft Windows."

If the ISY dongle will not, what would be the best way to manage the process of updating the firmware on such Aeotec devices?

Can/should the Z-Stick be added to the ISY Z-Wave network? I assume as a controller it cannot or should not, but just want to be sure.

If not, then I assume I would need to move each Aeotec device that needed a firmware update from the ISY z-wave network to the z-stick and then move it back. Is this as simple as excluding it on the ISY and then adding it to the Z-stick, then update the firmware, and then remove/exclude it from the z-stick and add it back on the ISY?

I'll probably have more such questions as I go along.

The Z-Stick firmware package comes as a zip file containing the firmware plus the software to run the Z-Stick. You unzip the downloaded file to a folder (recommend you not use your desktop). The .exe file may need to be renamed to .exe. The readme file will tell you this. 

Basically you plug in the zstick, start the .exe and using the software user interface, connect to the zstick. Then you put the zstick into join mode and press the action button on your zwave device. Then wait until it’s found this device and has become stable. In the right pane there is a firmware upgrade tab and you select that and start the firmware upgrade. This can take a few minutes and you’ll see a upgrade successful message.

I believe you will fully have to remove the device from the ISY and add it to the Zstick to do a firmware upgrade. I have always done it this way.

I found this link a while back but I haven’t tried it yet.

https://www.activeautomation.co.nz/boards/topic/3/adding-aeotec-z-stick-as-a-second-controller-to-an-existing-z-wave-network

The link for Zensys tools in that post seems to be dead. Hunt for it on Google or I’ll save you that effort. Hang onto this download! Zensys has removed all copies of that file!

http://www.axialcontrol.com/zensys-tools.zip

This is one of the last copies of this file I could find..

The Zensys Tools looks similar to the firmware update tool but actually does different stuff.

Elapsed 00:00:11.113 : Loading Variables
Elapsed 00:00:11.355 : Loading Node Definitions
Elapsed 00:00:12.481 : Loading Nodes
Elapsed 00:00:15.743 : Creating Widgets
Elapsed 00:00:18.202 : Creating Widgets Complete
Mon 07/16/2018 19:15:04 : Starting Subscription
Mon 07/16/2018 19:15:05 : Completing initialization
Mon 07/16/2018 19:15:08 : Refreshing Status
Mon 07/16/2018 19:15:08 : Refreshing Views
Mon 07/16/2018 19:15:52 : [ZWAVE-RESTORE   ] Restoring Z-Wave dongle using backup created on 2018-07-15 14:01:23
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:03 : [ZWAVE-RESTORE   ]: In programming mode
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:08 : [ZWAVE-RESTORE   ] Failed to Restore Z-Wave dongle using backup created on 2018-07-15 14:01:23
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [  28 93 E7 1]       ST   0 (uom=100 prec=0)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [   24 E2 3 1]       ST   0 (uom=100 prec=0)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [  2A 2F ED 1]       ST   0 (uom=100 prec=0)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [     ZW002_1]      ERR   1
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [     ZW003_1]      ERR   1
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [     ZW004_1]      ERR   1
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [     ZW006_1]      ERR   1
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [     ZW046_1]      ERR   1
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [     ZW034_1]      ERR   1
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [     ZW037_1]      ERR   1
Mon 07/16/2018 19:16:57 : [     ZW042_1]      ERR   1
Mon 07/16/2018 19:17:21 : [ZWAVE-RESTORE   ] Restoring Z-Wave dongle using backup created on 2018-07-15 14:01:23
Mon 07/16/2018 19:17:25 : [ZWAVE-RESTORE   ]: In programming mode
Mon 07/16/2018 19:17:45 : [ZWAVE-RESTORE   ] Z-Wave dongle successfully restored using backup created on 2018-07-15 14:01:23
Mon 07/16/2018 19:17:45 : [ZWAVE           ] Setting our application node info
Mon 07/16/2018 19:17:45 : Restarting the Z-Wave dongle
Mon 07/16/2018 19:18:01 : [   ZW044_104]       ST 100 (uom=78 prec=0)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:18:01 : [   ZW044_104]      DON 100 (uom=78 prec=0)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:18:02 : [   ZW044_104]      DON 100 (uom=78 prec=0)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:18:13 : [  2A 2F D1 1]       ST   0 (uom=100 prec=0)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:18:14 : [   ZW013_143]      TPW 12825 (uom=33 prec=3)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:19:24 : [   ZW044_104]       ST   0 (uom=78 prec=0)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:19:24 : [   ZW044_104]      DOF   0 (uom=78 prec=0)
Mon 07/16/2018 19:21:00 : [ZW-TX-FAILED] enc=Fail uid=14.0 cmd=0x62.01 DOOR_LOCK
Mon 07/16/2018 19:21:05 : [ZW-TX-FAILED] enc=Fail uid=14.0 cmd=0x62.01 DOOR_LOCK
Mon 07/16/2018 19:21:10 : [ZW-TX-FAILED] enc=Fail uid=14.0 cmd=0x62.01 DOOR_LOCK
Mon 07/16/2018 19:21:10 : [     ZW014_1]      ERR   1
Mon 07/16/2018 19:21:17 : [     ZW014_1]      ERR   0

locks seem to be working after setteling down after a couple of tries (remote lock / unlock / query features)

I had a couple of light switches that were working now not seen at all, weird. will troubleshoot and now heal  the network 

--edit -- 

and i spoke to soon, the schlage BE deadbolt is unresponsive; a couple of my jasco wall switches are unresponisve.

I have attached log incase it helps, don't have more time tonight to look at this

I wish UDI had a vendor database to allow for better identification of the device in UI' also the multistream support still leaves a lot to be desired as grouping is still imperfect.

ISY-Events-Log.v5.0.13A__Mon 2018.07.16 19.59.13.txt

After a few days now, reliability is definitely lagging behind the old dongle and external antenna.  Devices that were 95%+ reliable are now more like 70-80%.  This includes two motion sensors that are one floor directly above the ISY on the ceiling, with a repeater plugged in at ground level.  And they do indeed show both the repeater and the ISY as neighbors.  They fairly regularly miss on or off actions.  

I also have a series of Enerwave ceiling mounted motion PIR's that seem to refuse to work at all through repeaters.  I suspect their neighbors got blown away during the original heal I did, and I cannot get them back.  When I do a restore links on them they show the green indicator of waiting to write...if I then bring one close to the ISY, wake it up, and write changes, ISY immediately puts it back to sleep with 'no work pending'.  I haven't tried updating to 5.0.13a yet, will do so this morning.  These motions aren't critical as they were mostly replaced with the Dome sensors a while back when support for them was wonky, but nonetheless something to report.  (Side noe, 'control' is not available for them in programs any longer either - I think that disappeared a build or two ago.  Programs that had 'control' still have the line and it works, but if I try to update/change it, it's no longer available - only status. These report as binary devices.)

Recently started getting into zwave. Have small amount of zwave devices; 4 door sensors, 2 thermostats, 4 sirens, and 3 Schlage locks. Pretty stable system until 5.0.13a. It seemed like everytime I started the AC there were communication error pop up boxes.(usually the zw door sensors) Also had to move the ISY closer to one Schlage lock to get it to include. The system worked well and it didn't seem like the comm issues I'd see in the AC were affecting anything.

Installed new dongle, restored zw a couple of times, queried everything,  and did node synchronization.  Everything came back, got a few ghost nodes which I put in their own folder.Had to activate each door sensor to wake them up. The Schlage locks all had comm errors with red exclaimation marks. I found that if I selected one then hit "options", then query, the lock would work fine. Even the one lock I had to move closer to the ISY started working correctly without having to move anything.

When I open AC now I get none of the annoying zwave comm errors that I was getting before.

Right now everything works great. (then it's only been a couple of days)

*The only thing I didn't do was a network heal. Reluctant to do one since everything working well.

5 minutes ago, drprm1 said:

Recently started getting into zwave. Have small amount of zwave devices; 4 door sensors, 2 thermostats, 4 sirens, and 3 Schlage locks. Pretty stable system until 5.0.13a. It seemed like everytime I started the AC there were communication error pop up boxes.(usually the zw door sensors) Also had to move the PLM close to one Schlage lock to get it to include. The system worked well and it didn't seem like the comm issues I'd see in the AC were affecting anything.

Installed new dongle, restored zw a couple of times, queried everything,  and did node synchronization.  Everything came back, got a few ghost nodes which I put in their own folder.Had to activate each door sensor to wake them up. The Schlage locks all had comm errors with red exclaimation marks. I found that if I selected one then hit "options", then query, the lock would work fine. Even the one lock I had to move closer to the PLM started working correctly without having to move anything.

When I open AC now I get none of the annoying zwave comm errors that I was getting before.

Right now everything works great. (then it's only been a couple of days)

*The only thing I didn't do was a network heal. Reluctant to do one since everything working well.

When you say PLM are you referring to the Insteon PLM? If so that wouldn't help any as it doesn't talk to zwave devices. 

Hello everyone, to answer some questions:

1. No external antenna support on this dongle
2. Yes, ISY will eventually be able to do OTA Upgrade on Z-Wave devices that support it
3. You might get better communications if you mount ISY on a wall in a vertical manner … but, this is anecdotal based on our FCC testing

With kind regards,
Michel

24 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone, to answer some questions:

1. No external antenna support on this dongle
2. Yes, ISY will eventually be able to do OTA Upgrade on Z-Wave devices that support it
3. You might get better communications if you mount ISY on a wall in a vertical manner … but, this is anecdotal based on our FCC testing

With kind regards,
Michel

Michel,

Is there any way to know whether a z-wave device will support OTA updates via the ISY at this time? Or is it just a matter of whether the vendor supports OTA updates and that means the ISY will be able to do them at some point in the future?

Thanks,

Eric

20 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@blueman2, thanks for the report. I have forwarded to Chris.

@ChadS, what you are discussing is the same concept as having INSTEON devices linked to each other without ISY knowing about them. All you need to do is to put those devices in scenes and ISY will recreate the associations. 

@mwester , thanks so very much for the detailed feedback. With regards to the perpetual pending writes, have you tried 5.0.13A? This was one of the bugs that was fixed.

With kind regards,
Michel

How are devices with multiple association groups handled? For example, with the GE Z-Wave Plus switches and dimmers, Group 1 is status, Group 2 is for directly controlling other devices (I.e. virtual 3-way, 4-way, 5-way, etc circuits), and Group 3 is for directly controlling other devices by double tapping the device.  Just above every other Z-Wave controller I’ve used includes an option to turn off management of Z-Wave associations.

20 hours ago, Broyd said:

The Z-Stick firmware package comes as a zip file containing the firmware plus the software to run the Z-Stick. You unzip the downloaded file to a folder (recommend you not use your desktop). The .exe file may need to be renamed to .exe. The readme file will tell you this. 

Basically you plug in the zstick, start the .exe and using the software user interface, connect to the zstick. Then you put the zstick into join mode and press the action button on your zwave device. Then wait until it’s found this device and has become stable. In the right pane there is a firmware upgrade tab and you select that and start the firmware upgrade. This can take a few minutes and you’ll see a upgrade successful message.

I believe you will fully have to remove the device from the ISY and add it to the Zstick to do a firmware upgrade. I have always done it this way.

I found this link a while back but I haven’t tried it yet.

https://www.activeautomation.co.nz/boards/topic/3/adding-aeotec-z-stick-as-a-second-controller-to-an-existing-z-wave-network

The link for Zensys tools in that post seems to be dead. Hunt for it on Google or I’ll save you that effort. Hang onto this download! Zensys has removed all copies of that file!

http://www.axialcontrol.com/zensys-tools.zip

This is one of the last copies of this file I could find..

The Zensys Tools looks similar to the firmware update tool but actually does different stuff.

Thanks Broyd. I did not see a way in the tool to actually see the current firmware the device has? So I guess it's just a matter of applying the latest firmware to whatever device you receive as preparatory step prior to adding it to the ISY z-wave network?

For anyone else that happens upon this, I'm running the tool within a Windows 7 VM under VMWare on macOS (just assigned the z-stick to the Windows VM when I plugged it into the USB) and all seems to be working fine. I manually loaded the driver after since Windows wasn't able to do it automatically.

I have a Utilitech flood alarm that had been previously working at one point.  I noticed that only its battery level was populating, not the status, so I attempted to synchronize a few times and it was of no help. I set it off by actually wetting the probe, and still nothing for the ISY.  I tried repairing links, but it always came back with writing 0 bytes. For lack of anything better to try, I excluded it and reincluded it.  It is only showing the battery level node, no status node, and it looks as though it's not actually writing any links to the device (log below).  I literally picked the device up and was standing next to the ISY when doing this...I tried 3-4 times, all with the same result.  I did try setting it off for the heck of it and as expected, no acknowledgement by ISY.  

To be honest I'm not positive if it stopped working with 5.13 or with the z-wave 500 series dongle.  It definitely hasn't had a status since the dongle upgrade, but it was so close to the 5.13 update that I never checked between the two to see if it was working (I just assumed it was).

Edit: This log below is 5.0.13A

Anyway, log below... 

Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:27 PM : [ZWAVE-TX-NR     ] [0105004AC1ED9C]                        REQ ZW_ADD_NODE_TO_NETWORK 
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:27 PM : [UZW-CMD 1       ] Start Include
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:27 PM : Listening for Z-Wave devices to add to the network
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:29 PM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 2
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:30 PM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 3
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:42 PM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 5
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:42 PM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [0105004A85EEDB]                        REQ ZW_ADD_NODE_TO_NETWORK 
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:42 PM : Adding Z-Wave devices stopped
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:42 PM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [01030020DC]                            REQ MEMORY_GET_ID 
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:42 PM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [01030002FE]                            REQ SERIAL_API_GET_INIT_DATA 
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:43 PM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [01030005F9]                            REQ ZW_GET_CONTROLLER_CAPABILITIES 
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:43 PM : Device 81 of type 4.161.2 included into Z-Wave network
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:43 PM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [72/04] CC=0x72 cmd=0x04 [] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:43 PM : [ZWAVE-RX        ] [72/05] CC=0x72 cmd=0x05 [0060000B0001] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:43 PM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [9C/03] Sensor Alarm Supported Get ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:43 PM : [ZWAVE-RX        ] [9C/04] Sensor Alarm Supported Report[0x01] 0x20 cmd=0x04 [0120] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:43 PM : Adding ISY node(s) for new Z-Wave device 81 type 4.161.2
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:43 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [85/05] Assoc Groupings Get ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:43 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [85/06] Assoc Groupings Report supported=0x02 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:44 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [85/02] Assoc Get grp=0x01 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:44 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [85/03] Assoc Report grp=0x01 max=0x01 frames=0x00 nodes= ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:44 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [85/02] Assoc Get grp=0x02 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:44 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [85/03] Assoc Report grp=0x02 max=0x03 frames=0x00 nodes= ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:44 PM : Adding additional nodes for new Z-Wave device 81
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:44 PM :   ...addNodes(uid=81,VERSION,cc=134,ver=0,sec=F)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:44 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [86] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:45 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [86/14] CC=0x86 cmd=0x14 [8601] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:45 PM :   ...addNodes(uid=81,MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC,cc=114,ver=0,sec=F)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:45 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [72] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:45 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [86/14] CC=0x86 cmd=0x14 [7201] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:45 PM :   ...addNodes(uid=81,ASSOCIATION,cc=133,ver=0,sec=F)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:45 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [85] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:45 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [86/14] CC=0x86 cmd=0x14 [8502] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:45 PM :   ...addNodes(uid=81,WAKE_UP,cc=132,ver=0,sec=F)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:45 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [84] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:46 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [86/14] CC=0x86 cmd=0x14 [8402] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:46 PM :   ...addNodes(uid=81,BATTERY,cc=128,ver=0,sec=F)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:46 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [80] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:51 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [80] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:52 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [86/14] CC=0x86 cmd=0x14 [8001] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:52 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [80/02] Battery Get ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:53 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [80/03] Battery Report level=0x64 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:53 PM :   ...addNodes(uid=81,CONFIGURATION,cc=112,ver=0,sec=F)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:53 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [70] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:06:59 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [70] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:00 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [86/14] CC=0x86 cmd=0x14 [7001] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:00 PM :   ...addNodes(uid=81,SENSOR_ALARM,cc=156,ver=0,sec=F)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:00 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [9C] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:01 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [86/14] CC=0x86 cmd=0x14 [9C01] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:01 PM :   ...addNodes(uid=81,BASIC,cc=32,ver=0,sec=F)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:01 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [20] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:01 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [86/14] CC=0x86 cmd=0x14 [2001] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:01 PM :   ...addNodes(uid=81,NOTIFICATION,cc=113,ver=0,sec=F)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:01 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [86/13] CC=0x86 cmd=0x13 [71] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:02 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [86/14] CC=0x86 cmd=0x14 [7101] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:03 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [85/02] Assoc Get grp=0x01 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:03 PM : [UZW-CMD 45      ] Get NodeDef : ZW081_1
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:03 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [85/03] Assoc Report grp=0x01 max=0x01 frames=0x00 nodes= ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:03 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [85/01] Assoc Set grp=0x01 nodes=0x01 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:03 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [85/02] Assoc Get grp=0x01 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:03 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [85/03] Assoc Report grp=0x01 max=0x01 frames=0x00 nodes=0x01 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:03 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [85/02] Assoc Get grp=0x02 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:04 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [85/03] Assoc Report grp=0x02 max=0x03 frames=0x00 nodes= ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:04 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [85/01] Assoc Set grp=0x02 nodes=0x01 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:05 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [85/02] Assoc Get grp=0x02 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:05 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [85/03] Assoc Report grp=0x02 max=0x03 frames=0x00 nodes=0x01 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:05 PM : Initializing ISY as wakeup target for new Z-Wave device 81.0
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:05 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [84/05] Wakeup Interval Get ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:05 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW081_1] [84/06] Wakeup Report interval=3600 seconds, notify uid=0xFF ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:05 PM : [ZWAVE-INIT    81] Assigning Wakeup to ISY (id=1), Interval 3600 seconds
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:05 PM : [ZWAVE-TX ZW081_1] [84/04] Wakeup Set interval=3600 seconds, notify uid=0x01 ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x51
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:08 PM : [D2D EVENT   ] Event [ZW081_1] [BATLVL] [100] uom=51 prec=0
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:08 PM : [     ZW081_1]   BATLVL 100 (uom=51 prec=0)
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:08 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices
Tue 07/17/2018 04:07:09 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

@Michel Kohanim

Well it was a bust for me using the new card.  Have 2 Aeotec Range Extender 6s which are able to be added to the network but if i move them more than 6 feet from the ISY there is a very poor signal (signal test built into Extender, RED is poor).  Previously had green signal strength 20 feet way for one and on another floor same distance. Have tried both secured and unsecured and no luck with the range.  Tried 5.013A firmware without any improvement.

Tried excluding, adding (success), heal network (fail for neighbors), and syncing nodes all to no avail.

Have reverted to original zwave card and restored and now back to green signal strength and a working basement zwave system.

Whole process of testing was about four hours with the adding, heal, syncing, rebooting several times.  Hope we can work out the bugs in code.

If you have any suggestions for me to try let me know... Thanks

Hello UDI

I just ordered the new dongle today to upgrade my system and also installed 5.0.13. Seems to be working fine so far.   

During the upgrade I intendedly wiped out my current z-wave configuration as I only had a First Alert smoke detector enabled in the interface and I plan to link it fresh once I have the new dongle installed

I also have a couple of GE Z-Wave ceiling fan wall switches that I have powered up and tested to make sure they would work with ISY but have not installed......Yet

And.....I just ordered a Yale dead bolt during Prime Day that will be installing once the new dongle is in place.

In the spirit of beta testing...is there anything that you guys would like try/test as I install the new hardware?

Hi @ChadS,

I have asked Chris to chime in.

@pjjameso, I am so very sorry to hear. This said, I really do not think that the issue is the dongle itself. Did you actually go through the whole process? Did you try the Heal?

@Techness, thanks so very much for the feedback. The most important tests are: restore and reliable communications.

With kind regards,
Michel

Archived