5.0 is not official which is why it doesn't show up in your Isy. You can upgrade to it by finding it under the beta tab in these forums. I would recommend reading up on other people's experiences prior to upgrading to prepare yourself should you choose to do so. It is very stable (I use it myself) and I highly recommend it 

The best control depends on how you use your fans. While I use them without issue, should I ever need to replace any, I would probably go for a simple inlinelinc module in my ceiling fans instead. Speed control is nice but reality for me is that I never change the speeds so the need for speed control isn't there. If it is for you, then the zwave alternatives would be your only choice (outside of not automating them)

Garage doors depends on your garage. You can use an iolinc with a keypadlinc or go with the zwave alternatives. As with fans, your method of controling the doors depends on what you desire. I prefer keypads but if that isn't what you want then voice control (you have to weigh pros and cons) or some type of remote or app could be an option.

If your garage uses myq technology, then that can be integrated with the isy using Polyglot (you need the 5.0.15 firmware)

1 hour ago, danncas said:

1. I have firmware 4.7  but I don't see any thing about 5 in an option to upgrade any ideas.

2. Any way to control an ceil fan other the fanlic

3. any way to control a garage door other the a keylick buttons.

ideas

5.0.15A is very stable and I would definitely recommend for you to use it. It gives you interesting additions, including the option to use node servers.  As far as your fan, there are several Zwave switches to control your fan, but right now you must use separate switches for your fan and your fan light. This being said. Inovelli has announced a new switch that incorporates both.

I agree that 5.x is very stable.  It's probably not commercial BMS stable, but it's better than any other HA controller I've even heard of.

As far as a garage controller, Insteon sells a garage door kit, and Aeotec has a garage door kit as well that's Z-Wave.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:04 AM, lilyoyo1 said:

zwave alternatives would be your only choice

I have 4 ceiling fans at home with Zwave switches. It works perfectly, including within ISY programs. My fans have 3 levels of speed which can be controlled with the switches and in ISY.The only issue is that currently there exists no Zwave switch that controls both the fan and the fan light and, as such, I have separate switches for the fan and the fan light. Inovelli promises to come out with one switch for both fan and light.... Maybe late his year ???

Archived