Clock Not Syncronised

arf1410

My ISY and computer time are off by about 9 minutes....In configuration, it is set to synchronize  every 24 hours.  I try to do it manually, and get the error " NTP Server DNS Error"  .  Appreciate response bearing in mind I am neither an advanced ISY user, nor an advanced network manager ...

24 minutes ago, arf1410 said:

My ISY and computer time are off by about 9 minutes....In configuration, it is set to synchronize  every 24 hours.  I try to do it manually, and get the error " NTP Server DNS Error"  .  Appreciate response bearing in mind I am neither an advanced ISY user, nor an advanced network manager ...

Your ISY clock will be synchronised every 24 hours (I set mine to 8hr.).

When you load the admin console a time sample is taken from your ISY and then the times is set by a java software clock, getting out of sync. You may notice timed programs running slightly off from the admin console clock and it gets worse as it is open.

2 hours ago, arf1410 said:

What's the entry for your ntp server?  Mine has pool.ntp.org and when I click sync it works.  

• Like 1