MobiLinc X v1.18 with DIRECT IP/UDI PORTAL Support AVAILABLE NOW!

InsteonNut

1 minute ago, DennisC said:

Is it on the roadmap and if so, how far away?

I can't comment on a timeline. I've looked into supporting node servers, but there are a number of challenges to do this. The entire underlying structure of how the data is organized is very different and much more complex than how the rest of the ISY's data is structured.

20 hours ago, InsteonNut said:

@firstone

Here are the options currently:

- "Family" subscription with MobiLinc X. This is the most flexible. The one subscription allow you to create any number of users all with their own Favorites/Recently Used, settings, etc.
- "Direct" In-App purchase. This is shared between all the iOS devices that use the same iTunes account. Just tap "Restore" on the other iOS to restore your paid purchase.
- "Direct" In-App purchase. If everyone has their own iTunes account, Apple doesn't allow sharing of In-App purchases. This is something we'd have to build manually to support something like this...which we have in our "Family" subscription offering. 

Wes

I'm sorry but I'm still a little confused? I thought "Family" subscription plan requires getting rid of ISY portal and going with your replacement? As such it wouldn't be replacement for "Direct" option, right?

Hi @firstone

Yes, the Family subscription requires our MobiLinc portal. We're able to offer a rich set of cross platform syncing and user account management for your ISY with our servers/services available under the "Family" subscription. 

The Direct IP in-app purchase can be shared how I outlined above -> "This is shared between all the iOS devices that use the same iTunes account. Just tap "Restore" on the other iOS to restore your paid purchase." Apple does not support sharing In-App purchases between family members.

Wes

Hi @firstone
Yes, the Family subscription requires our MobiLinc portal. We're able to offer a rich set of cross platform syncing and user account management for your ISY with our servers/services available under the "Family" subscription. 
The Direct IP in-app purchase can be shared how I outlined above -> "This is shared between all the iOS devices that use the same iTunes account. Just tap "Restore" on the other iOS to restore your paid purchase." Apple does not support sharing In-App purchases between family members.
Wes

Can’t you have app in store with different pricing so it’s not all in app purchases. I’m happy to support your efforts but I’m not buying the app twice.

Hi:

I've got a few questions before I commit.  First, I just want to confirm that the Direct purchase will allow me to control the ISY while away from the house through the UDI portal, once I have done the initial local connection, as you described above.  Second, though I get that you don't have full nodeserver support, can you at least confirm that if you do fully support it in the future, you will do so in Mobilinc X (as well as any other product you might choose to support or create)?  Third, am I right in believing that I can have Mobilinc X free forever on any device associated with the iTunes account I download it to and buy the Direct option on?  Finally, since the earlier versions were based only on the subscription model, will I have to sign up for a subscription trial that I then decline to continue, or can I bypass subscription offers entirely during the installation?  Thanks.

-Tom

As a long time Pro user, I jumped at the chance to use X with direct access.  I've purchased the entire bundle.

My issue: X is proving very slow and unreliable.  Are we still in early stages of development?  Can we expect improved reliability?  

The blue dots show up at the top every time i open the app and dont go away for 6-10 sec.  If i tap a button while the blue dots are working, the action may or may not happen.  If it does happen, the icon does not reflect the change.

I have removed everything from home other than three favorites (reminiscent to my Pro experience).  I have three favorites I have set to show: Two scenes and one SwitchLinc.

When I long press the SwitchLinc and am looking at the device. Pressing on and off works but the dimmer slider does not adjust on on/off.  Nor does off/on respond when interacting with the dimmer slider.

One of the scenes includes a Schlage Connect lock.  The scene calls for all the lights off and the door to lock.  In Pro, it works fine.  In X, the lights shut but the door does not lock.  (EDIT: it looks like when accessing the lock itself, the state does not match in X.  This may be causing the error)

The second scene is calls for the door to unlock and some lights to come on.  The scene works as intended. 

@xlurkr

22 hours ago, xlurkr said:

First, I just want to confirm that the Direct purchase will allow me to control the ISY while away from the house through the UDI portal, once I have done the initial local connection, as you described above.

Yes!

Second, though I get that you don't have full nodeserver support, can you at least confirm that if you do fully support it in the future, you will do so in Mobilinc X (as well as any other product you might choose to support or create)?

I really can't confirm anything. All I can say is all my focus is on MobiLinc X and adding features to it as the community requests and there's demand for it. There are a number of challenges in supporting Node Servers which is why no mobile app today supports these. This is something I'd really like to solve and bring to MobiLinc X for everyone.

Third, am I right in believing that I can have Mobilinc X free forever on any device associated with the iTunes account I download it to and buy the Direct option on?

Yes

Finally, since the earlier versions were based only on the subscription model, will I have to sign up for a subscription trial that I then decline to continue, or can I bypass subscription offers entirely during the installation?

Watch the video I posted in the original post. You don't have to start a subscription.

Wes

@uffy

30 minutes ago, uffy said:

X is proving very slow and unreliable.  Are we still in early stages of development?  Can we expect improved reliability?

I wouldn't say early stages of development. It's been out since March, but the direct IP support part is less than a week old. There are some communication improvements I have identified that I'm working on.

31 minutes ago, uffy said:

The blue dots show up at the top every time i open the app and dont go away for 6-10 sec.

What's happening is the blue dots are communicating to you that MobiLinc X is doing a full sync with your ISY regardless of Wi-Fi or Cellular. This is one area I'm improving to limit what syncing calls happen over cellular.

32 minutes ago, uffy said:

If i tap a button while the blue dots are working, the action may or may not happen.

This depends on where MobiLinc X is at in the sync process. Notably when pulling the program list, the ISY can't execute any other request like turning a light on/off until the program sync is finished. This maybe why you are seeing this behavior. This is the same on Pro if you have auto-sync over Wi-Fi and Cell turned on.

33 minutes ago, uffy said:

Pressing on and off works but the dimmer slider does not adjust on on/off.  Nor does off/on respond when interacting with the dimmer slider.

Everything should work...at least I can't reproduce your issue. One thing to make sure of is to try this AFTER the blue dots on the Home Tab stop. That way you know MobiLinc X isn't trying to sync with your ISY at the same time you want to interact with a device. This will improve over time as I outlined above.

35 minutes ago, uffy said:

One of the scenes includes a Schlage Connect lock.  The scene calls for all the lights off and the door to lock.  In Pro, it works fine.  In X, the lights shut but the door does not lock. 

MobiLinc X uses the same API interface to the ISY for scenes as Pro and the Admin Console. MobiLinc X will command that scene to ON or OFF as you press the ON/OFF button. Same as Pro or the Admin Console.

Wes

Wes,

I’d like to use the new direct ip model but you’ve got it all set as in app purchases so I’d have to purchase it twice for wife and I to use it. Can’t you put app in store with price so I can purchase once and use restore purchase option to get on her device. As much as I’d like to support your efforts, I’m not going to purchase it twice.

Thanks,

Paul

Wes,

As much as I’d like to support your efforts, I’m not going to purchase it twice.

Here’s what I do, and it works until iOS 12 (did not check 13):
Buy it once, switch your wife’s App Store account to yours, restore your original purchase from her device, and switch it back to her own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi @hart2hart

My apologies. I didn't answer your question directly. In short, there's no plans to offer the same app as a paid app. It may be possible to "share" an in-app purchase, but this is something I'd have to devote resources on to create/manage/support which is going against the "no cloud" direct option by reintroducing cloud features like this to prevent abuse. I went into more details about the risks and challenges with two apps one free and one paid here from a post I answered last Wednesday: 

@midrar

18 hours ago, midrar said:

Can you list the cloud features you do not get with the direct up one time purchase  model?

The full list is here on our website: https://mobilinc.com/apps/mobilincx/ 

In short, with a subscription and thus cloud integration, you add the following to MobiLinc X and your ISY:

• Instant startup status and control of any device, scene, program, variable, or security item.
  • Full settings real-time sync between all your iOS and Android devices.
  • Supports Family Management with creating admin and user accounts. Accounts are shared with a QR Code. No usernames/passwords are necessary to get family members connected.
  • Admin Users have full control and can edit/change/delete items.
  • User accounts can control items only. User accounts can not edit.
  • Add/Change/Delete Alexa or Google Home spoken names right from the app. Quickly see and manage all your spoken items in one view.
  • Feature Request: Upvote and suggest new features. See what we're working on next and vote for the next feature to get added to MobiLinc X.
  • Full integration with our MobiLinc IFTTT channel supporting notifications, geo-fencing, thousands of devices and services, and more!
  • Alexa Smart Home integration supported.
  • Google Home/Google Assistant integration supported.

Wes

Hi:

I can't find the advance location function to use ibeacon as mobilinc pro do. Any help please.

Thank
JR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t believe ‘X’ has that. I’ve had to use IFTTT (poor solution.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived