ISY Portal, ISY Dashboard, Home Automation Dashboard, my.isy.io, udajax

carealtor

3 hours ago, simplextech said:

You can... but... the current HASS components do not work correctly when you have Nodeservers in your ISY.  The HASS ISY component (HASS native and HACS) error on startup and will not load.  Which means none of the ISY devices are visible/usable which makes the interface non-functional, non-usable. 

I find this comment quite strange since just like I've mentioned before I have nodervers in my ISY and Home Assistant show all (but insteon thermostats) all device and interacts with ISY fine. Unless I'm not reading something correctly.

1 hour ago, simplextech said:

Home Assistant is a way of doing this but as currently (verified again this morning) it doesn't load and work with NodeServers which is not good. 

My Home Assistant starts and runs fine. Maybe because my HA is not on same PI with my nodeserver?

1 minute ago, tibbar said:

My Home Assistant starts and runs fine. Maybe because my HA is not on same PI with my nodeserver?

I don't mix installs.  My nodeservers are running on Polisy for my production system and my dev box is dedicated.  I'm currently running Hass.io on a rPi4

What version of HASS?  I'm currently on 0.103.0 and tested with the native component and HACS component and they both throw the same errors.  I've reported the errors to @shbatmas well.

1 minute ago, simplextech said:

I don't mix installs.  My nodeservers are running on Polisy for my production system and my dev box is dedicated.  I'm currently running Hass.io on a rPi4

What version of HASS?  I'm currently on 0.103.0 and tested with the native component and HACS component and they both throw the same errors.  I've reported the errors to @shbatmas well.

HA runs as a docker on Unraid server just updated yesterday to 0.103.4 and 0.103 run fine also

I'm usually on the latest and greatest version of HA.  I was on 0.103.2 a few minutes ago and all worked as expected.  I just updated to 0.103.4 and all is still working as expected.  Never had a problem with any previous version either.  I have HA and Polyglot running on separate VMs on the same Windows machine.

2 minutes ago, tibbar said:

HA runs as a docker on Unraid server just updated yesterday to 0.103.4 and 0.103 run fine also

Yes it runs as a docker container and no 0.103 doesn't run just fine.  Not for my setup.  I just updated to 103.4 and the same error. 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 172, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config
  File "/config/custom_components/isy994/__init__.py", line 477, in async_setup
    log=_LOGGER,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/isy.py", line 82, in __init__
    self.nodes = Nodes(self, xml=self.conn.get_nodes())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/Nodes/__init__.py", line 89, in __init__
    self.parse(xml)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/Nodes/__init__.py", line 288, in parse
    Group(self, nid, nname, members, controllers),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/Nodes/group.py", line 33, in __init__
    for m in self.members
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/Nodes/group.py", line 33, in <listcomp>
    for m in self.members
AttributeError: 'Nodes' object has no attribute 'status'

Now I'm just interested and I'll have to dig into this some more.  However this is the error I get with my prod ISY with devices and nodeservers.  This ISY is 5.0.16B (was A) and I've been having this error.  I can change the configuration and point to my other ISY without nodeservers and everything works perfectly. 

2 hours ago, EddieRock said:

Yup. It's an admin interface. I do agree. As I said, I love the ISY but I do feel that tying other automated "things" together would be nice. Maybe I missed it but if I could have a single pane to know the state of some of my devices and other systems at a glance I feel it could be polished. I have a video surveillance system, some door locks, people moving around the house. Would like to know what the water temp of the lake or pool is at a glance. The wind... If a interface was available to modify and view other devices, the state of the door locks and some rooms and temps around the house. On a panel or tablet, I'd be happy. Now, I have to switch from my door locks app to my interface (notice I didn't use Admin) to view some status of my house and my door lock app to see if my doors are locked. The weather at a glance... I feel having all these as the source of truth and to have to open all these different apps is  not ideal. 

Also, some times things don't fire properly on the ISY (and most other automation software/hardware). Maybe the microwave was on when the ISY set some lights or a solar flare occurred. Some lights may be off when they should be on. Seeing the state of the union in a simple pane would make me happy. That is my quest right now. 

Any ONVIF camera integration yet? I see that FosCam is available. But, if my door bell rings, I'd like to see who is at the door by looking at an app/panel/UI in my kitchen/living room instead of bouncing around in different apps.

...wishing I became a developer years back.

EddieRock

That's just it. The isy was made to control devices not all that extra stuff. There are systems that will accomplish what you want but comes with the associated costs with them.  Using fibaro for example, their high end controller has all of that but will cost you close to 900 bucks. 

For stuff that I do want to know the status of, I have my keypads. While I can lock the doors manually, voice, or via kpl, the system will automatically lock them too. If something goes wrong, I get a notification. No need for a panel or dashboard to long into. My doorbell rings, my TV will automatically switch inputs or I can look at my phone and view the app. I don't need extra stuff to accomplish that. 

If you have a ring you can do the same with a firestick or firetv. I'm not saying an interface can't be used or wouldn't be nice. Just that there are much better ways at seamlessly integrating all that people use instead of something that may not appeal to most users. At the end of the day, regardless of what UDI does, many still won't like it. 

21 minutes ago, tibbar said:

@carealtorin a quick test I also installed HASS on my UnRAID server and in my development server.  Both same results with my prod ISY which has several nodeservers.  However with my dev ISY which currently only has 1 NS the Withings one I'm working on it loads and parses just fine. 

So the result stands that there is a problem with the HASS ISY component and Nodeservers.  Now to find which nodeserver is the problem...

2 minutes ago, simplextech said:

@carealtorin a quick test I also installed HASS on my UnRAID server and in my development server.  Both same results with my prod ISY which has several nodeservers.  However with my dev ISY which currently only has 1 NS the Withings one I'm working on it loads and parses just fine. 

So the result stands that there is a problem with the HASS ISY component and Nodeservers.  Now to find which nodeserver is the problem...

Myself I only have Ecobee and MagicHome nodeservers running. I've tried HarmonyHub but it could not discover my hub so I've uninstalled it. 

2 minutes ago, tibbar said:

Myself I only have Ecobee and MagicHome nodeservers running. I've tried HarmonyHub but it could not discover my hub so I've uninstalled it. 

I have... a few :) so this is going to be a slower process of elimination.  I'm hopeful it is one of my own NS's and I can find and fix it.  If not then I'll see if I can find the problem with whatever NS is the problem and submit a PR fix.

3 minutes ago, tibbar said:

@simplextechSounds like a painful process. Luckily you have development platform so you don't have to do it on your production system.

I don't think I can be of any help. I'm not very proficient with linux but if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the offer of help.  I'm stepping through the NS's on the dev platform and I'll find which is the problem.  then I'll figure out the why and test/fix and submit it.

I got through all of the NS's and hit a problem with Hue on my rPi dev box... not sure but since it wouldn't install I couldn't verify but that's the only one missing that I'm running in Prod as well. 

I'm installing a fresh rPi with latest of everything to try a new install of Hue and see if it works.

Plot thickens... may need a new thread for this... with the Hue NS I actually get a message from HASS ISY component that Hue is not supported but the component still loads.  Yet... on my Prod ISY even with Hue removed I still get the same error/failure on the ISY component loading... odd.... so it's not a NS per se but something else? in my Prod ISY that's the issue.... hmmm...

On 12/25/2019 at 7:02 PM, paulbates said:

I'm not sure its documented anywhere. I figured it out by taking the URL provided in the ISY Portal under Select Tool / ISY information, and then adding the path in the ISY. To save frustration typing it into your phone with a touch keyboard, you can copy that out, paste it in an email, reformat to match my example above, and then send it to your self. Open the email on your phone and click it and book mark it.

Paul 

@paulbates  I've been trying to make this work, but I just can't get it.  If I copy "URL to ISY" from the Portal and paste into Chrome, I get "not found".  If I copy "Admin Console URL" and paste into Chrome, I get "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."  If I use the URL template you gave me, I get "/USER/WEB/index.htm not found".

What do you mean by "and then adding the path in the ISY" ?

Does this have anything to do with the ISY setting "Enable Internet Access'?

I followed the instruction found here: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Admin_Console  and it works on my laptop, but it's not what I'm wanting to do...  or is it?

10 hours ago, carealtor said:

@paulbates  I've been trying to make this work, but I just can't get it.  If I copy "URL to ISY" from the Portal and paste into Chrome, I get "not found".  If I copy "Admin Console URL" and paste into Chrome, I get "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."  If I use the URL template you gave me, I get "/USER/WEB/index.htm not found".

What do you mean by "and then adding the path in the ISY" ?

Does this have anything to do with the ISY setting "Enable Internet Access'?

I followed the instruction found here: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Admin_Console  and it works on my laptop, but it's not what I'm wanting to do...  or is it?

This link gets me to HAD on my Android phone, but I replaced my 64 character key with 'x's. You'll need to replace the 'x's with your key. 

https://my.isy.io/isy/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/USER/WEB/INDEX.HTM

Here is another angle to try from your phone:

• Login to the isy portal
  • From Select Tool, Pick ISY Web access
  • Pick settings from the presented page
  • At the top is "Default UI", Pick "Home Automation Dashboard" - that will bring up HAD
  • In the future, it will remember that you selected HAD, you only have to do that once

Paul

16 hours ago, simplextech said:

Plot thickens... may need a new thread for this... with the Hue NS I actually get a message from HASS ISY component that Hue is not supported but the component still loads.  Yet... on my Prod ISY even with Hue removed I still get the same error/failure on the ISY component loading... odd.... so it's not a NS per se but something else? in my Prod ISY that's the issue.... hmmm...

I think yall should. With the issues yall are having, someone else might have them in the future as well. Because it doesnt really have anything in common with the original post, it'll make it next to impossible for someone to find a solution to their issue.....But then again; judging by the amount of 5.0 upgrade posts we get daily no one looks anyway. lol

3 hours ago, simplextech said:

What??? READ a FORUM???? I never heard of such blasphemy I want everything told to me I don't have time to read and learn something.

Sigh.  Ain't that the truth -- and not just for hobby-related things, I have this problem at work too.

I blame it partly on things like twitter -- we've an entire generation entering the work force that can't read anything longer than 144 characters.  Anything more, and they want a video (!), or preferably, they want me to do it for them.

The following acronym makes me "see red" -- anyone using this in an email or IRC chat even at work will find the conversation suddenly cut short due to "network issues":

TL;DR

Just typing that makes smoke come out of my ears... :-(

(I now return you to your regularly scheduled forum...)

On 12/27/2019 at 6:51 AM, paulbates said:

This link gets me to HAD on my Android phone, but I replaced my 64 character key with 'x's. You'll need to replace the 'x's with your key. 

https://my.isy.io/isy/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/USER/WEB/INDEX.HTM

Here is another angle to try from your phone:

• Login to the isy portal
  • From Select Tool, Pick ISY Web access
  • Pick settings from the presented page
  • At the top is "Default UI", Pick "Home Automation Dashboard" - that will bring up HAD
  • In the future, it will remember that you selected HAD, you only have to do that once

Paul

Thanks @paulbates for dumbing it down for me, but still no joy.  I went through the arduous task of typing in my 64 key and used the exact syntax you laid out, but I just get ""/USER/WEB/INDEX.HTM not found"

Your second suggestion is basically what I had already been doing, and it works, except I have to enter my username and password.  Every. Single. Time.

Archived