Limited Reactions? What's up with that?

MrBill

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MrBill said:

I don't react to "a lot" either... but I do use that button.... but today I hadn't reacted to ANY POST yet when i got that trying...

I have had that also. I usually react to posts very frequently to show satisfaction, congratulations or even acknowledgement of the message. and it seems like only a few days I was cut-off about two clicks. Something weird about the counting mechanism.

Maybe last 24 hour period?

Have your happy faces been hacked? Are they worth anything on eBay?:)  :)

1 hour ago, larryllix said:

I have had that also. I usually react to posts very frequently to show satisfaction, congratulations or even acknowledgement of the message. and it seems like only a few days I was cut-off about two clicks. Something weird about the counting mechanism.

Maybe last 24 hour period?

Have your happy faces been hacked? Are they worth anything on eBay?:)  :)

Still getting it trying to congratulate you for this post.....  As far as I know I have no reactions at all today...

Why in the world would this feature be Throttled anyway?

12 hours ago, MrBill said:

Still getting it trying to congratulate you for this post.....  As far as I know I have no reactions at all today...

Why in the world would this feature be Throttled anyway?

Do you routinely log out of the forum? If not, maybe some type of glitch. Try logging out then back in.

It's probably like the limited search function. Nobody knows how this forum works and they don't RTM to help us that are fed up by some of the limits. I mean, why is it if you search and then try to add a filter are you limited to searching every 30 seconds (or whatever it is) and then you lose the search results and have to start over. Sucks that the reactions are limiting to you. I've actually never seen those, but don't react too often in rapid succession. 

Good thing for somebody on the forum admin/mod side to see if there's a setting that can be "fixed"/corrected. And maybe fix the search limits while they're at it!

9 minutes ago, Geddy said:

It's probably like the limited search function. Nobody knows how this forum works and they don't RTM to help us that are fed up by some of the limits. I mean, why is it if you search and then try to add a filter are you limited to searching every 30 seconds (or whatever it is) and then you lose the search results and have to start over. Sucks that the reactions are limiting to you. I've actually never seen those, but don't react too often in rapid succession. 

Good thing for somebody on the forum admin/mod side to see if there's a setting that can be "fixed"/corrected. And maybe fix the search limits while they're at it!

I suspect there is a throttling setting somewhere.   I have seen the search limit but had forgotten about that one... it was another I didn't understand.   Although I will add that the best way to search is using google with either "site:forum.universal-devices.com" or "site:universal-devices.com" included in the search term.  If I'm looking for a specific post in the forum I used the first, if I want to include the wiki and forum I use the second.

Archived