Cannot create a new scene or folder in ISY99i

jpoje

Hello,

I've been updating cleaning up some programs and reorganizing some scenes and folders in Admin Console. Everytime I try to create a new "folder" or "scene", I get an error message "request failed".  I am able to rename current folders and scenes, just not able to create new ones? I'm hoping this is not related to PLM, as I just replaced it a few months ago (this is like my 6th or 7th PLM). Everything else seems to be working fine. I have unplugged ISY and PLM and restarted everything and still the same error message. For now, as a workaround, I'm not deleting any unneeded scenes and folders and reusing/renaming them. Any thoughts how to correct this? Thank you.

I had this problem ages ago (maybe 2 years) and it was Java and/or computer related.

Have you restarted the admin console? 

Be sure to exit completely. Reboot the computer. Log back in.

If still having problems then clear java cache and reload the launcher as linked here: 

If having problems after that maybe somebody else has options to try. Or open a ticket with UDI to get it sorted out. I also hope it isn't PLM related. Shouldn't be since it's on the admin console side and not really communications side.

I agree with @Geddy if you actually have an ISY-994... However your title indicates ISY-99i.  if that's the case, don't try to use the linked launcher.  But do make sure your using the correct admin console for your firmware version.  

I'm also afraid there's no support for the 99 anymore, so if you have one you should think about upgrading it.

Rebooted computer, updated Windows, updated Java, cleared Java cache. Updated ISY994i to version to 4.9.0 firmware and UI. Still same error message. I opened Admin Console with my laptop and same issue? Should I attempt the restore PLM, ISY, and/or Devices option? Thanks.

27 minutes ago, jpoje said:

Rebooted computer, updated Windows, updated Java, cleared Java cache. Updated ISY994i to version to 4.9.0 firmware and UI. Still same error message. I opened Admin Console with my laptop and same issue? Should I attempt the restore PLM, ISY, and/or Devices option? Thanks.

What you're experiencing is an issue with the isy not your devices or Plm. I'm leaning towards what DennisC suspects and that you've maxed out your isy. Try deleting a scene that you don't really use and see if you can create another then. 

I actually deleted many scenes and programs (cleaning things up), then when I went to make a new scene or create a new folder, started to received error. I'm afraid to delete any more scenes, so instead of deleting scenes I no longer need, I've been saving them so I can just rename and use for new scenes that I can no longer create as new. This has been my "workaround" until I can figure out problem. Is there a simple way to see if I have maxed out my system (I do not have pro)? I have a 2000 sq ft home, not sure how many total devices. I haven't added anything new in years, just swap out devices when they go bad.

It isn't just devices it is items in the tree in that tab. If you were cleaning things up and created a bunch of folders that counts towards the limit as well.

You could try moving things out of a lower level folder. Then delete the folder. Then add a scene.

As I understand it, the programs tab has a different limit.

4 hours ago, jpoje said:

I do not have a "PRO" unit. How can I check if I have met the limitation of my unit? Thank you.

You could open a support ticket with UD and have them take a look, but it does sound like you are maxed out. The good news is updating to Pro is just a software module to purchase from the UD store. 

You could even ask the help desk if they would issue a refund if the upgrade doesn't correct the situation.

Archived