Switches / Keypads lights dont all light up when scene is triggered

zg825

I am having to do a workaround solution to integrate Insteon with Control, using Vera. 

I am able to have my Vera Hub send commands to ISY to trigger the load of a switch/keypad. I found that if I send a command through vera to my hallway light switch1 (there are 3 that will turn all turn on the light, but light switch1 carries the load), then hallway light switch 2 & 3, don't show the button light as on.  If I go to the actual light switch 2, and hit on, then Light switch 1 & 3 will turn on. 

I'm making an assumption that when Vera send the command to turn on the load, the actual scene doesn't get triggered, only the actual load. Any suggestions to help me troubleshoot what to do or create another workaround solution? I'm assuming that I can create a program that would say if X light is on, then Y scene is triggered to be on. Not sure how to actually do that program, but can investigate it further if that is the solution. Not sure if anyone else has some tips 

I'm making an assumption that when Vera send the command to turn on the load, the actual scene doesn't get triggered, only the actual load.

That sounds very likely.  (disclaimer: I know nothing about Vera, but if I was was turning on a scene then the other switches should be responding also.)

you could try this program as a workaround:

If

Status switch1 is not off

then

set hallway scene on

else

set hallway scene off

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

That sounds very likely.  (disclaimer: I know nothing about Vera, but if I was was turning on a scene then the other switches should be responding also.)

you could try this program as a workaround:

If

Status switch1 is not off

then

set hallway scene on

else

set hallway scene off

Probably won't work. Since the commands are being issued outside of the Isy, it won't see the status change to update

Thanks. How do I send a rest command? I don’t know if I could get Vera to send a command besides telling the specific load to turn on. Vera doesn’t really talk to insteon. Is there a way to iffft? I’m really going to be using control 4 which send a signal to vera which sends a signal to isy 

15 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Probably won't work. Since the commands are being issued outside of the Isy, it won't see the status change to update

I was going off the fact that OP says Vera sends commands to the ISY.  Later on he also says Vera doesn't speak to Insteaon.

18 hours ago, zg825 said:

I am able to have my Vera Hub send commands to ISY to trigger the load of a switch/keypad.

I'm making an assumption that when Vera send the command to turn on the load, the actual scene doesn't get triggered, only the actual load.

22 minutes ago, zg825 said:

Vera doesn’t really talk to insteon.

Vera was able to connect to the insteon switches, i didnt really have to do much. The issue is that Vera kept restarting and erased all the names that I put into Vera for the switches. I have spent 20+ hours to trying to integrate ISY into Control4, but I am giving up at this point. I will just keep ISY for lighting which will be separate from Control4. I can most likely get 95% of what I was hoping to do in Control4 through ISY when I pick up a few things. 

Archived