ISY on Polisy v5.3.0 (IoP) - OUTDATED

Michel Kohanim

7 hours ago, tmorse305 said:

Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Mine was doing the same and Michel asked for logs but it stopped doing it after I turned off the write updates to wireless devices. I have a lot of wireless devices to update one at a time...

You can turn off battery writes using a REST call in your browser if your ISY is busy:

http://<your ISY IP>/rest/batteryPoweredWrites/off

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

You can turn off battery writes using a REST call in your browser if your ISY is busy:

http://<your ISY IP>/rest/batteryPoweredWrites/off

I was able to shut them off from the AC but I tried the rest call anyway.  It was successful but no change.  I'll put a ticket in today.  Thanks to you and @Jimbo for the suggestions.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tmorse305 said:

I ran an update to my polisy tonight using the Check for Polisy updates then Update Polisy.  I  think it said there were 100 items to update.  After completion both PG2 and PG3 came back up, but the ISY Launcher failed to find ISY.  I played around with the cache and downloading the launcher and finally got my ISY to appear.  When I went to log in the password was changed back to admin (@asbril also reported this in an earlier post).  The AC came up and I can see my devices but the system is in a long endless loop of the system being busy.  Once completed it just starts over.  I tried rebooting polisy, even unplugging it and the PLM, but the result is the same.  The Portal reports ISY to be offline.

I wanted to document this issue in case anyone else runs into it.  When the upgrade reset the credentials to admin/admin it also cleared the INSTEON Support check mark on the configuration page.  It also of course invalidated the credentials stored in PG2, PG3, NodeLink and any other NS that needed them.  That didn't dawn on me right away...  That resulted in a lot of noise in the log files as Michel was trying to help me solve the problem.  My Portal connection was also impacted which Michel had to fix on his end.

THANK YOU @Michel Kohanim for your help in getting to the bottom of this!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tmorse305 said:

I wanted to document this issue in case anyone else runs into it.  When the upgrade reset the credentials to admin/admin it also cleared the INSTEON Support check mark on the configuration page.  It also of course invalidated the credentials stored in PG2, PG3, NodeLink and any other NS that needed them.  That didn't dawn on me right away...  That resulted in a lot of noise in the log files as Michel was trying to help me solve the problem.  My Portal connection was also impacted which Michel had to fix on his end.

Is it actually still possible to change admin/admin to password of my choice ?

6 minutes ago, tmorse305 said:

Yes, you can change it on the File Tab, see screen shot.  Don't forget to update it in PG2 and PG3 if you have them and any NS that needs it.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 171230.jpg

I meant in PG3, not in the Administrative Console. Thanks

2 minutes ago, bigDvette said:

I can control devices after restoring buy none of my scenes work.  None of them and I don't get anything in event viewer.  Anyone else seen this problem?

Not sure if this is somewhat related, but I had run into major issues with my scenes/devices after the migration. In particular my keypads were affected, but 'simple' devices, like dimmers also. After lots of trial & error and banging my head against the wall, what ultimately did the trick for me was to factory reset/restore each of my Insteon devices.