2 new feature requests for PG3, Emporia Vue2 and CAI WebControl 8 Node Servers

10 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

@bpwwer I don't suppose the system reports voltage?  It doesn't on the companies own app, but asking anyway in case you noticed a number being reported that might be voltage.

No, I haven't seen anything in the API that suggest it's possible to get voltage data. 

I wanted to share why I wanted this node server which was to charge my car using excess solar. I put together a couple of programs to turn the charger on and off and adjust the charge rate up and down accordingly. When the A/C runs I set the charder to 6 amps it's lowest setting which pulls from the grid because I only have 5.2 KWH of solar and I hear it's not a good idea to stop and start the the car charging.Charger.thumb.png.2d186a610ff560e2275f311ada52c790.png

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

I don't think so.  How would logging into the website give you the same number as the phone app if it were calculated locally?

You might want to specify what Emporia device you are referring to. I have the energy monitor for my power panels and it dose not show 15min peek information just sec min hour and day week and month.

6 minutes ago, Kevin said:

You might want to specify what Emporia device you are referring to. I have the energy monitor for my power panels and it dose not show 15min peek information just sec min hour and day week and month.

image.thumb.png.0e0f19531d8e44c37333156257e32847.png

The same 15.2kw shows up on every device I log into.  It can't be calculated locally since none of the devices have a locally stored record of the second by second power usage for the whole month.  Unless it is downloading the entire month and calculating it in the 1 second it takes to open the page.

8 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

image.thumb.png.0e0f19531d8e44c37333156257e32847.png

The same 15.2kw shows up on every device I log into.  It can't be calculated locally since none of the devices have a locally stored record of the second by second power usage for the whole month.  Unless it is downloading the entire month and calculating it in the 1 second it takes to open the page.

Sorry. Your right I did not notice that before. I have look at Bob's log files and never saw it there in the install process but the information must be in there some where.

The actual API from Emporia is not public.  I'm using a library that reverse engineered that API.  There's nothing in the library for 15 minute peak data.

So the API may support getting that info but it's not public and only Emporia knows how to do that.

@bpwwerSorry to bother but it seems the on off of the charger is not quite right yet. When the node server tries to turn the charger off in the app it seems like it tries and cycles but turns right back on. The node sever also does not seem to be able to turn it on when it is in the paused stage When it is turned off through the app it shows as paused. Attached is the log file where I tried activating on and off and the operated it through the app.

Charger On Off.zip

18 hours ago, tazman said:

@bpwwerSorry to bother but it seems the on off of the charger is not quite right yet. When the node server tries to turn the charger off in the app it seems like it tries and cycles but turns right back on. The node sever also does not seem to be able to turn it on when it is in the paused stage When it is turned off through the app it shows as paused. Attached is the log file where I tried activating on and off and the operated it through the app.

From the log, it appears that the Emporia cloud servers are rejecting the commands to turn it on and off.  Since the Emporia API is not public, it's very possible that they've changed something so that what used to work, no longer does.

I believe that the way the library was created in the first place was by someone sniffing the network to see what the app sends and receives when controlling these things.  

It does look like there's a bug when it tries to query and update the max charge rate so I've fixed that and pushed out version 1.0.22, but I don't think it wil effect the on/off issue as that's probably going to take network sniffing by someone with an EV charger to debug.

1 hour ago, bpwwer said:

Good.  I didn't think that bug was the cause, but I'll consider it a win anyways.

Well it worked but then stopped working but I'm not that concerned I will just send myself a notification to turn it on and off when I need it. The fact that it works sometimes tells me it has to be something weird on Emporia's end because I see it execute in the app and the car sends it's notification that charging has stopped then it goes right back on.

The initial bunch of errors seem to be because it wasn't able to authenticate with the Emporia cloud service.

The last bunch of errors aren't really errors, they're informational that are supposed to display the device information. I'm not sure why it's not showing the actual info but the class types instead.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi Bob.

I just wanted to say that I've read this entire thread so that I could learn some things as I've never used a Node Server or Polisy before. Well, I have a set of 4 of the Emporia on/off outlets that log energy usage and I'd like to try this one as my first Node Server. Seems like a fairly complicated one to tackle as a first, but after reading about all your work, I feel I just have to honour it.

Thanks for all your work!!

Wish me luck!

Shawn

• Like 1