Hue motion sensors and Hue API v2

Bumbershoot

Two questions about the PG3 node server:

1) is the Hue motion sensor supported/exposed as a Polyglot node currently, and if no, could it be?
2) is v2 of the Hue API currently supported, and if no, will it be?

For a new project, I'm looking at using the Hue motion sensor to activate a light strip underneath a bathroom vanity.  I could easily get things to work properly just by setting this up using the Hue app, but of course, I'd also like to make use of other properties of the motion sensor, such at temperature, in IoP.  So far, I haven't had any luck with the node server discovering the sensor.

Regarding the API question, I'm just trying to estimate the longevity of the node server.  It appears that the PG2 version is built on v1 of the API. 

1 hour ago, Bumbershoot said:

Two questions about the PG3 node server:

1) is the Hue motion sensor supported/exposed as a Polyglot node currently, and if no, could it be?
2) is v2 of the Hue API currently supported, and if no, will it be?

For a new project, I'm looking at using the Hue motion sensor to activate a light strip underneath a bathroom vanity.  I could easily get things to work properly just by setting this up using the Hue app, but of course, I'd also like to make use of other properties of the motion sensor, such at temperature, in IoP.  So far, I haven't had any luck with the node server discovering the sensor.

Regarding the API question, I'm just trying to estimate the longevity of the node server.  It appears that the PG2 version is built on v1 of the API. 

I know xking stated at one point that he didnt have any plans on adding sensor support to the Node server. 

No one has commented on previous posts in regards to V2 of the hue API. They may be waiting until it's finalized before doing something with it. 

Edited by lilyoyo1
11 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I know xking stated at one point that he didnt have any plans on adding sensor support to the Node server. 

No one has commented on previous posts in regards to V2 of the hue API. They may be waiting until it's finalized before doing something with it. 

For the price we paid for it, that's all reasonable.  I hope the node server gets updated down the line, and I'd be happy to throw a few $$ at it if it does.  

The response of the lights to motion is almost instantaneous, and the coordination between lights in a room reminds me of an Insteon scene, only more colorful.

• 2 months later...

so for motion - Hue hub is a "pull" thing, in other words - node server asks Hue hub for a status every short poll (I think it's 15 seconds by default). Even if you happen to catch motion reported - 15 seconds delay would be kinda weird. Same goes for other hue input devices - buttons, switches.