Notification Setup using Network Resources

Javi

I have set up notifications with UD-Mobile.  The setup directions were fairly easy to follow.  I have notifications working and even have variable substitution working.  Something I was not successful with using Pushover, probably my fault, I assume.  

I have one issue to solve before I can release this in place of text messages and Pushover.  I have two iPhone, one for my wife and one for me.  I set a different device name for each.  They are listed under the same account.  When I include "&device=DEVICE_NAME" in the body, my notifications still go to both phones.  I then created a group, put both devices in the group, and included "&groupid=GROUP_NAME" along with one device name in the body.  Again, my notification was sent to both phones.  Any idea what I am doing wrong? Did I miss something in the setup?  I need to have a way to send some notifications to only one of our two phones.  

34 minutes ago, Jimini said:

I have set up notifications with UD-Mobile.  The setup directions were fairly easy to follow.  I have notifications working and even have variable substitution working.  Something I was not successful with using Pushover, probably my fault, I assume.  

I have one issue to solve before I can release this in place of text messages and Pushover.  I have two iPhone, one for my wife and one for me.  I set a different device name for each.  They are listed under the same account.  When I include "&device=DEVICE_NAME" in the body, my notifications still go to both phones.  I then created a group, put both devices in the group, and included "&groupid=GROUP_NAME" along with one device name in the body.  Again, my notification was sent to both phones.  Any idea what I am doing wrong? Did I miss something in the setup?  I need to have a way to send some notifications to only one of our two phones.  

Hi @Jimini,

Added the following to our wiki, please let me know if you have additional questions.

UD Mobile Notification Groups are used to send notifications to a single device or group of devices. To send to a single device only enable the the device which should receive the notification in the group. A group is used for single devices to make device replacement easier. When replacing your mobile device enable the new device in the group, there is no need to edit network resources.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Group_Setup

Sorry, I misunderstood the use of Group.  So the Group and not the Device is used to limit who receives the notifications?  And the device is not needed to be included in the body specification?  

9 hours ago, Jimini said:

Sorry, I misunderstood the use of Group.  So the Group and not the Device is used to limit who receives the notifications?  And the device is not needed to be included in the body specification?  

Yes.....No need to apologize, it was not properly documented. 😊

@Javi I'm not sure this is the appropriate place for suggestions, but I do have a minor one.

I have Android.  When I receive a notification in UD Mobile, it shows up in the pulldown menu, the little dot appears on the App Icon and, when I open the app, it shows up on the flag on the middle-bottom.  All good. 

To clear the flag after opening the app, you must click on the notification even if it's staring at you.  And, you also have to clear the notification on the pulldown menu.  One has to do 2 things to clear it (I hope that makes sense).

Seems you should be able to clear it by doing one thing.  Going to notifications in the app or by clicking on it on the pulldown menu.  When I say "clear", I don't mean delete.  I just mean getting rid of the pink dot and the pulldown notification because I've read it. 

When I receive a text and I click on it in the pulldown menu, it realizes that now I've read it and doesn't keep notifying me that I have an unread text.  Or, if I go into the messaging app and read it, it removes it from the pulldown menu.

I hope this makes sense and is helpful,

Ross

9 hours ago, Ross said:

@Javi I'm not sure this is the appropriate place for suggestions, but I do have a minor one.

I have Android.  When I receive a notification in UD Mobile, it shows up in the pulldown menu, the little dot appears on the App Icon and, when I open the app, it shows up on the flag on the middle-bottom.  All good. 

To clear the flag after opening the app, you must click on the notification even if it's staring at you.  And, you also have to clear the notification on the pulldown menu.  One has to do 2 things to clear it (I hope that makes sense).

Seems you should be able to clear it by doing one thing.  Going to notifications in the app or by clicking on it on the pulldown menu.  When I say "clear", I don't mean delete.  I just mean getting rid of the pink dot and the pulldown notification because I've read it. 

When I receive a text and I click on it in the pulldown menu, it realizes that now I've read it and doesn't keep notifying me that I have an unread text.  Or, if I go into the messaging app and read it, it removes it from the pulldown menu.

I hope this makes sense and is helpful,

Ross

Hi @Ross,

Add issue to our list.   

https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc/UD-Mobile-Android/issues/48