Hue hub not found: Error = STDERR

MGustin
Go to solution Solved by MGustin,

Going to put this on this topic as its somewhat on target.  After a reboot of the Poly I lost communication to the Hue Bridge.  Cutting to chase of troubleshooting I deleted the NS and added Hue back in.  No errors when hitting start or restart, logs errors with not found for Hue Node and I am seeing this in the main log file:  STDERR: ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.7 required by /usr/local/lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0 not found

Relevant log below:

8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: startNs:: Hue
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: startNs:: Hue is valid
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: startNs:: Hue finished update check
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: [Hue(4)] :: Starting Node server - Version 0.1.11
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: startNs:: Hue updating database (enabled, timestarted)
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] error: [Hue(4)] :: STDERR: ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.7 required by /usr/local/lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0 not found

8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] debug: [Hue(4)] :: Exit cause code: 1 - signal: null

Anyone have an idea?

12 minutes ago, MGustin said:

Going to put this on this topic as its somewhat on target.  After a reboot of the Poly I lost communication to the Hue Bridge.  Cutting to chase of troubleshooting I deleted the NS and added Hue back in.  No errors when hitting start or restart, logs errors with not found for Hue Node and I am seeing this in the main log file:  STDERR: ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.7 required by /usr/local/lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0 not found

Relevant log below:

8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: startNs:: Hue
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: startNs:: Hue is valid
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: startNs:: Hue finished update check
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: [Hue(4)] :: Starting Node server - Version 0.1.11
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] info: startNs:: Hue updating database (enabled, timestarted)
8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] error: [Hue(4)] :: STDERR: ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.7 required by /usr/local/lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0 not found

8/16/2022, 13:44:41 [pg3] debug: [Hue(4)] :: Exit cause code: 1 - signal: null

Anyone have an idea?

This has nothing to do with the original post. Please do not hijack a thread like this as this screws up the search results. This really needs to be it's own post. Thank you @Geddy

Edited by lilyoyo1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MGustin said:

Anyone have an idea?

What version Polyglot are you running? At the bottom of the dashboard (or almost any PG3 page) what do you have for version? I'm currently running 3.0.63 and Hue NS runs fine in PG3.

image.png

Perhaps this is something the developer @xKing can help decipher or else you might need to PM them your full Hue log file for them to check. 

My hunch is that you might have updated PG3 with an SSH command recently (it's not advised to do that currently) and you might have corrupted some UDI files.

Since this isn't being reported by many others you might be better off with a support ticket with UDI for them to review PG3 logs as well. 

However you get things working please post back here to update what helped resolve your issue incase others have a similar issue. 

And yes, as @lilyoyo1 says it wasn't anything like the thread you posted in. So moved out to its own thread for additional attention. Thanks for posting! Hope you get things working soon.

6 minutes ago, MGustin said:

Sooooooo sorry to have offended you @lilyoyo1.

You don't have to try and be smart about it. After all- You are the one coming here for help.

One of the many complaints about the forum is how hard it is to find information which results in unnecessary duplicate posts. 

We all are just trying hard to make this a better experience for everyone- especially new members who are not aware of the best ways of finding information. 

• Solution

I don't need a lecture from you @lilyoyo1.  Where was your post policing when nearly a page of posts go on about the Polisy in general and feedback on its size.  You offered ZERO help to me.  Feel free to fire away again if that will make you feel important.

SOLUTION:

For those that may have this issue the solution is pretty simple.  Not only did the Hue module not work and had the error indicated about, but all other installed modules had the same error.  Solution was:

1. Press the button on the front of the Polisy once and wait for 4 beeps +1 - it took about 20 minutes.

2.  Once update is complete hit the front button twice to reboot. For the modules I had already installed I had to delete and add them back.  All worked great. 

Big thanks to Michael for his help on the support ticket and @Geddy for his suggestions.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, MGustin said:

I don't need a lecture from you @lilyoyo1.  Where was your post policing when nearly a page of posts go on about the Polisy in general and feedback on its size.  You offered ZERO help to me.  Feel free to fire away again if that will make you feel important.

SOLUTION:

For those that may have this issue the solution is pretty simple.  Not only did the Hue module not work and had the error indicated about, but all other installed modules had the same error.  Solution was:

1. Press the button on the front of the Polisy once and wait for 4 beeps +1 - it took about 20 minutes.

2.  Once update is complete hit the front button twice to reboot. For the modules I had already installed I had to delete and add them back.  All worked great. 

Big thanks to Michael for his help on the support ticket and @Geddy for his suggestions.

So sensitive. It's simple. Instead of being selfish, start a new post instead of hijacking someone else's so that others can easily find your solution. 

We appreciate you posting the solution to your problem for others who may be in a similar situation. Had it stayed in your hijacked post, it probably wouldn't have been found.