ZMatter board for Polisy available for preorder

brians

The upgrade looks trivial... its a mini PCI Express card and these just pop in with edge connector and some screws to secure to standoffs on the mainboard.

Then mount the antennas on Polisy case and click in the antenna connectors onto the board.

Since I have a Polisy already, and lots of Z-Wave devices, it is a no-brainer for me to upgrade to the Zmatter - especially with all the promised Z-Wave features;  UD made it pretty clear that there is no more feature support for the Zooz dongle. The Polisy/Zooz combination will probably very soon become like the ISY994i with the old 300 series board where you have to use an older ISY firmware to make Z-Wave continue to work. This would explain why they offer to buy back your Zooz dongle, because it makes them less obligated from ongoing support. Of course, I could be wrong on all this, but since they are switching to new Z-Wave API I would not see them doing much more working on old version and having to be concerned back-porting new features breaking integration.

Even if I was compelled to upgrade to an EISY in near future, I would still probably buy another ZMatter board for it. I would most likely re-sell Polisy, and having one without a ZMatter card would not make it as appealing to resell vs. a complete unit.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, larryllix said:

I don't think polisy and the z-matter board go together????

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

The Zmatter board plugs into an internal slot in the Polisy and uses external antennas.

For the eisy the same Zmatter board is mounted in an external enclosure with a USB cable that plugs into the back of the eisy

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@palayman,

Discounts are for developers and integrators. Also, we just paid 35% tariff on the shipment. It was quite painful ... currently, we barely break even. 

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel KohanimDidn't really expect one, but you might want to fix the landing page from the email that says you'll get one if you log in.

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 2