Insteon product availability

MrBill

5 hours ago, carealtor said:

Wow, Micro Modules.  I didn't expect to see those anytime soon.  Of course, On/Off modules are not yet in stock, which is the one I need.

At least I don't live in Canada.  Sounds awful.

We are trying to get that wall built by 2024 to keep the refugee masses from overflowing Canada's free health.

...but get your dental work done first, bring drugs, and Insteon devices with you. Those cost more than shipping here. :)

Edited by larryllix
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of surprised there aren't other reports here, but the 2477D became available today on Insteon.com.   I have one switch down so I only bought one for now, not to hoard.  In a couple more days I'll like buy an extra or two as backups and will save my switch that quit working in case it needs to be repaired some day.  

Edited by gdntx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm actually quite excited to see the hidden door sensor listed at shop.insteon.com, even tho it's currently "sold out" it's listed!  The old insteon (a.k.a. smarthome) had officially killed it off and deleted the listing entirely (unlike other products that were just "out of stock" the last 9 months to a year of the previous incarnations existence).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBill said:

I'm actually quite excited to see the hidden door sensor listed at shop.insteon.com, even tho it's currently "sold out" it's listed!  The old insteon (a.k.a. smarthome) had officially killed it off and deleted the listing entirely (unlike other products that were just "out of stock" the last 9 months to a year of the previous incarnations existence).

A local Craigslister had one for sale for $120 recently.  Better sell it soon...

-Tom

14 hours ago, xlurkr said:

A local Craigslister had one for sale for $120 recently.  Better sell it soon...

He keeps relisting it, or he has a lot and lists them one at a time.   I did pick up 3 for $80 on ebay at one point which solved my immediate need (a broken one), allowed me to add a bathroom door that i wanted a sensor for for years, and left me with a spare.  Nonetheless, I happy to see that product return... I also use them for simple hidden buttons in certain places.

There where no extra LED's in the 2476S and I believe the 2477S also. Just the bar graph positions filled with  light pipes that didn't light.

I saw a Smarthome bulletin on the new face plate design and it indicated those that wanted to have the new ones match their originals. With all the LED positions. You could change the assembly to the older ones. You could purchase as an accessory assembly. As they both fit just the new ones eliminated the unused LED positions.

Edited by Brian H
Correct a part number
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian H said:

There where no extra LED's in the 2476S and I believe the 2477S also. Just the bar graph positions filled with  light pipes that didn't light.

I saw a Smarthome bulletin on the new face plate design and it indicated those that wanted to have the new ones match their originals. With all the LED positions. You could change the assembly to the older ones. You could purchase as an accessory assembly. As they both fit just the new ones eliminated the unused LED positions.

Correct.  The single 2477S that I purchased after the change, I have since changed the paddle to a leftover white I had from my son's house.  (at one point it was less expensive to buy 5 packs of white 2477D's and 6 Almond paddle's than it was to buy switches with Almond paddles, so I kept some extra white paddles which I've since used one on a 2477S and several because the white paddles also yellow from UV exposure.)  It's unbelieveable how much the two hole design "sticks out" even my wife asked why it was different before it was changed out.

So yes the cost to manufacture a single paddle would be less than manufacturing two designs.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:50 PM, MrBill said:

In stock now.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:25 PM, Brian H said:

Sometimes to me. The previous owners didn't make the most sensible choices. One paddle design would have made things easier.

If you're re-making the injection molds anyway due to wear on the old ones though, you might as well make the simpler relay one as well since it's easier to manufacture with fewer holes. Over the life of the molds I'm sure it saved money. 

Thankful I ran across this post when searching the forum. Haven't been here for a while since my ISY994 and devices has been working flawlessly for years. Recently one of my 2486D KPLs was acting up. Symptoms were the device was not displaying correct state when events happened. The device links table was corrupted and communications failed when I tried to restore it from ISY. Thought I had a spare KPL but did not! Ordered two 2486Ds from the link in the original post. Thanks MrBill!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, unconfirmed said:

Any intel on whether/when the mini remotes will be returning?  I've got a new house where one or two of of those would be handy to have?

They aren't listed period currently.  You'll note this list, contains availability dates for items that we know are coming, and it lists several item as "discontinued", it however doesn't specifically list mini-remotes either with a date of return, or discontinued.

Jeez, I feel lucky. Had an 8-button dimmer crap out on me a week or so ago. Figured I'd limp through until my z-matter board arrives and have to replace it with some kind of z-wave or matter-enabled switch. On a whim, went to the new Insteon store, and OH MY GOD THEY HAVE PRODUCTS IN STOCK!!! Picked up a replacement, and a motion sensor as well. They arrived within days, looking forward to returning the system to full functionality.

Great job guys!

• Like 3

On 11/3/2022 at 4:50 PM, MrBill said:

They appear to be in stock now, I just placed an order!