[RESOLVED] HTTP error 500 at login

EWhite
Go to solution Solved by bmercier,

Alexa came back but voice commands to certain devices will accept an ON request but will say doesn’t support that device with an OFF request…very strange. I wish that universal devices would publish what happened here and what is going on right now to keep users making unnecessary changes at this point in time. Hopefully they will handle communication better than Insteon did.

This one is a pay for service and we should be kept in the loop.

9 hours ago, bmercier said:

It's now resolved. 

Most ISYs have now reconnected.

Benoit

Please post an explanation. We deserve to know what happened and how we can prevent it in the future. Thanks, much appreciated!

Edited by TVC15
clarity
29 minutes ago, johnstonf said:

Would be great to know what happened, and can any steps be taken to prevent again in the future?

This was a server side failure, and there are no steps end-users can take to prevent it in the future.

It could have been a myriad of things, some of which UD has no control over because the portal is running on AWS, meaning it might be purely an AWS issue.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, andrewherman said:

Alexa still not responding to my commands to ISY system.  I unlinked and relinked with no change.

Is the system still having problems or is there something else I need to do?

There are no active problems with Portal.

Alexa troubleshooting tips:

1. Make sure your ISY is online on portal
  2. Try to control devices using ISY Web access
  3. In the Alexa app, make sure you can see your device
  4. If so, try to control it from the app
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, andrewherman said:

Odd, certain scenes are fine, others are not.  Weird.  I'm going to try rename from the portal.

FYI, a few names some how got corrupted.  For example, it didn't recognize "office" anymore.  I cleared it, put it in again in the portal and it is OK now.  Thanks for the previous response.

• Like 1