Totally confused... ISY994 and trying to figure out how to get my NuHeat working again

EddieRock
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

I've got my trusty ISY994 running (for like 10 years or so) and missed the "Polisy" purchase (since I think they are no longer building these) and want to get my NuHeat up and running again with my ISY. I guess Polisy isn't coming back so now what? (don't answer this without helping out below).

But... the polyglot server v1, v2 seem to not work and V3 is just for the Polisy. So, I'm now totally confused on how to get this node server back up and running.

I've searched and searched the forms and WIKI for instructions. It seems like it's now all in the UD Mobile app... Is that correct?

I've setup my UD Mobile and went to Admin > Polyglot V3 and I get the error:
LOCAL IP ADDRESS is not set for the system. System Name: Home. 500

If I can get help fixing this, will it let me get the Nuheat node server up and running again? If not, then what do I do? 

thanks,

Ed

Quite an interesting post...let's see if this helps...

59 minutes ago, EddieRock said:

I guess Polisy isn't coming back so now what?

Correct. UDI was unable to source items to build more Polisy so essentially they're discontinued. However, UDI is developing their next generation of controller called "eisy" (See here and here). So there's hope on the horizon that you could get a new device and run PG3 locally with the new eisy. 

1 hour ago, EddieRock said:

But... the polyglot server v1, v2 seem to not work

PG2 can work on an RPI, but is no longer being supported so it's possible that NuHeat node server might not work on PG2.  There were some posts earlier this year about how to install PG2 on rpi after some recent OS updates that were causing issues. Check out the PG2 forum area if you have a rpi to attempt to install PG2 on.

PG1? Never heard of that, but perhaps you mean Polyglot Cloud (PGC). That closed earlier this year due to a security flaw. No timeline on having that back as all development seems to be on PG3 and now eisy and ZMatter devices. 

I've searched and searched the forms and WIKI for instructions. It seems like it's now all in the UD Mobile app... Is that correct?

What's "all in the UD Mobile app"? 

I've setup my UD Mobile and went to Admin > Polyglot V3 and I get the error:
LOCAL IP ADDRESS is not set for the system. System Name: Home. 500

If you don't have a Polisy then you don't have PG3 running anywhere. Nothing you can do with UD Mobile related to PG3.  I think UD Mobile can still work with a standalone ISY994, but without an RPI running PG2 (or Polisy to run PG3) you don't have any way to run Node Servers just on an ISY994. 

Perhaps you could put a post in Coffee Shop to see if anybody has a spare Polisy they're interested in selling so you could get that and run PG3 and get Nuheat installed that way. Or see if any Polisy are being sold on ebay. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Geddy said:

What's "all in the UD Mobile app"? 

The UD Mobile app looks like it's gotten a lot of upgrades since I tried it last. Because I haven't been following how UD has been changing things, I'm a bit confused how to get this back up and running. It has Polyglot in the Admin dashboard with no explanation that it only works with Polisy. 

So, what you're saying is that there is no way to connect my ISY994i to a polyglot server online any longer. Right?

And the only way to do so is by installing PG2 it on a Pi or Linux machine and going that route or buying the old Polisy (ha! I thought this would be the new device going forward. I was fooled)

And I assume that since UD isn't selling the Polisy any longer, there won't be any development. I'll wait till you guys get the new eisy. 

I feel it would be better to create something that doesn't require UDI to produce hardware for. Something that can run in docker or K8s or just on a Pi.

The Wiki and forum don't have an easy way to find that this functionality is just gone unless you use a Pi. Sorry, without the knowledge you guys have for years, finding stuff that's still relevant on UDI isn't easy.

I'll go the Pi route.

Sorry, I may sound frustrated because I am now. I love my ISY but it seems the documentation on where to go today isn't great. Don't let the bus run you over as you stumble in the road guys...

UD's always been a hardware company.  Polisy and eisy are brothers... they both based on FreeBSD.  UD chose a platform purposely so that it wasn't simple to just go the Pi route.  Unfortunately we are at an odd time in the lifecycle of the product.  Last April Insteon closed it's doors, as a result there was huge unprecedented and unexpected demand for Polisy.  To UD's surprise it was unable to order some parts with appropriate lead times, so Polisy was redesigned and 'eisy' was born.  Very similar to Polisy similar main board, slightly different ports and a different case, both run the same software under FreeBSD.

12 hours ago, EddieRock said:

Because I haven't been following how UD has been changing things,

12 hours ago, EddieRock said:

I love my ISY but it seems the documentation on where to go today isn't great.

Actually it's not difficult to figure out... but by your own admission you haven't been paying attention.  @Geddy explained it all... but you seem to have chose to either not read or not absorb his post.

Polyglot 2 which was NOT originally created by UD is deprecated.  The Developer is gone, no longer working in the project.  Polyglot 3 was developed by UD to run on hardware produced by UD.  As noted, you may be able to get PG2 running on a Pi, but the developer is no longer around.   UD's new hardware will be available very soon, its has taken a little longer than originally predicted and the ship date hasn't been announced but we are down to weeks, not months.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MrBill said:

UD's new hardware will be available very soon, its has taken a little longer than originally predicted and the ship date hasn't been announced but we are down to weeks, not months.  

Oh good on the hardware coming in weeks and not months. I'll keep an eye open. I've always loved UDI and how well it works. That may be a disadvantage as I forget about my automation and/or having to deal with it because it runs so well. 

Thanks for the info.

Ed

I'll keep an eye open.

If you have (or create) an account at the Universal Devices site you have the option to sign up for newsletters. I'd suggest signing up for the "Product News & Announcements" list at the very least. That should get notifications when the eisy is available for pre-order.

Also (FYI), I'm not affiliated with Universal Devices in anyway. I'm just here as user-to-user support like most of the rest of the forums. I just volunteer to try to keep the forums a little more organized and on topic (at times). But I get what you mean about trying to find information. It can be daunting at times...that's the life of working directly with the hardware developers...they develop...they don't always document/market the way some might expect/desire.

Many users on the forum have formed a good support network for the user-to-user base that many are here regularly to keep up with what's going on and on the horizon. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, EddieRock said:

The UD Mobile app looks like it's gotten a lot of upgrades since I tried it last. Because I haven't been following how UD has been changing things, I'm a bit confused how to get this back up and running. It has Polyglot in the Admin dashboard with no explanation that it only works with Polisy. 

Generally with advanced products, it's on the consumer to keep up as things can change significantly in addition to the capabilities and flexibility it provides. Its easy to sight of everything that's going on causing one to be overwhelmed and frustrated.

It's ok to wait for a finished product but even then, the constant changes that happens causes you to end up in an endless vicious cycle of learning and relearning. While UDI can have pages upon pages of tutorials and how to's, the shear amount of information can and will be overwhelming.

This is why it's better to stay involved and on top of things. If that's not what you choose to do, you only have yourself to blame for feeling lost. 

So, what you're saying is that there is no way to connect my ISY994i to a polyglot server online any longer. Right? 

This is correct. The 994 is disco'd so no further development will be had with it. Once eisy is released, you'd be able to use that to connect to polyglot and access node servers

And the only way to do so is by installing PG2 it on a Pi or Linux machine and going that route or buying the old Polisy (ha! I thought this would be the new device going forward. I was fooled)

Polisy was a new device at the time for the future when it was initially released a little over 3 years ago. At that time, COVID wasn't a thing, the world wasn't upended in shortages that caused most things to be out of stock, Insteon was a thing, nor was inflation out of control. It was literally a completely different world in all facets of life. Just like virtually every other company, UDI had to pivot which they did. In the grand scheme of things, a 10+year life cycle of a product such as the 994 is a thing of the past. Sit on the sidelines long enough, eisy 2, 3, and 4 will be coming out. That's the name of the game. The great thing is; unless you want to take advantage of newer capabilities any system adds, your current system would continue to operate. 

And I assume that since UD isn't selling the Polisy any longer, there won't be any development. I'll wait till you guys get the new eisy. 

You'd be wrong in your assumption. Polisy and eisy will be developed in tandem going forward. The only thing left behind will be the 994

I feel it would be better to create something that doesn't require UDI to produce hardware for. Something that can run in docker or K8s or just on a Pi.

I'm not understanding this. You complain about having to use an Rpi for polyglot but then say UDI should create software for users to run on an Rpi. 

Sure, UDI can do that. However, should you run into any issues, who will you turn to for help? By creating the hardware to run their system, UDI has a way to controlled medium to assist. If they leave it to end users, they'll end up with many more  customers complaining about having to be able to get something up and running on their Rpi. This is amplified by the number of users that lack the technical skills to even do so. At the end of the day, they're in the business of making money not losing it. Having to help end users troubleshoot stuff or set things up with different systems is costly.

The Wiki and forum don't have an easy way to find that this functionality is just gone unless you use a Pi. Sorry, without the knowledge you guys have for years, finding stuff that's still relevant on UDI isn't easy.

I'll go the Pi route.

Nothing is gone in regards to the path someone wants to take. Products are out of stock not abandoned. While polisy is no more, there is a new system on the horizon that's been talked about countless times. If one chooses not to be engaged with what's going on, they can't really complain about not knowing what's going on. It's like that for anything in life. This is no different. 

Sorry, I may sound frustrated because I am now. I love my ISY but it seems the documentation on where to go today isn't great. Don't let the bus run you over as you stumble in the road guys...

The documentation is there. It just gets quickly covered up as new things come up. UDI could do better, but then again, a person would still need to dig through to find any single piece of news depending on how long it's been since they've checked on things. 

Let me start by saying that I've been a UD customer since 2007.  In my mind, UD helped to take Insteon from a well engineered but haphazardly deployed product to an Integrated system.  I still use my ISY994 for Insteon and the Elk Module integration daily.    

So, what is my point in posting?  I have to object to a number of the posts above that indicated that the OP "you haven't been paying attention" or that "it's on the consumer to keep up as things can change significantly".  I would be shocked if UD were in agreement with this.  In contrast, their website advertises the products as standalone devices that are stable and do not require babysitting (see below)

This device should not require constant maintenance or vigilance.  That's why we purchased a dedicated hardware device (not cloud services).  If you do not make changes to your installed system, hardware/software changes and upgrades should not be required.  By indicating otherwise, you are alienating UD customers that have come here for help.

If I am wrong in assuming that this should be a low maintenance product, please correct me.  I will immediately begin looking for hardware replacements that fit the description below:

UD Webiste Ad

Automation | Energy Management | IoT | AI

We invented and commercialized the first low cost, embedded, and fully standalone home automation controller in 2007. A few inventions later, 10s of 1000s of rock solid installations later, our ISY994 Series line of products embody the perfect marriage of Automation, Energy Management, IoT, and AI Assistants. You can easily consider ISY as your sidekick@home.

You can program your ISY with what needs to be done and it does it. Literally and forever unless you instruct it otherwise. You can count on it.

Your ISY does not need to be babysat, it is not a glorified remote control app on your mobile phone. Neither is it some magical essence in the cloud that might take a break once the Internet is down.

Your ISY can notify you of major and important events, you can talk to it, and it can talk to you. Yes, via natural voice using Alexa and Google Home.

Your ISY can even help you save money, save energy, conserve water, and save the earth!

30day-300x223.png

Why should you trust us? Because we stand behind you and our products. Don’t take our word for it. Take a look at our Testimonials

Extensible 

48 minutes ago, IndyMike said:

Let me start by saying that I've been a UD customer since 2007.  In my mind, UD helped to take Insteon from a well engineered but haphazardly deployed product to an Integrated system.  I still use my ISY994 for Insteon and the Elk Module integration daily.    

So, what is my point in posting?  I have to object to a number of the posts above that indicated that the OP "you haven't been paying attention" or that "it's on the consumer to keep up as things can change significantly".  I would be shocked if UD were in agreement with this.  In contrast, their website advertises the products as standalone devices that are stable and do not require babysitting (see below)

This device should not require constant maintenance or vigilance.  That's why we purchased a dedicated hardware device (not cloud services).  If you do not make changes to your installed system, hardware/software changes and upgrades should not be required.  By indicating otherwise, you are alienating UD customers that have come here for help.

If I am wrong in assuming that this should be a low maintenance product, please correct me.  I will immediately begin looking for hardware replacements that fit the description below:

UD Webiste Ad

Automation | Energy Management | IoT | AI

We invented and commercialized the first low cost, embedded, and fully standalone home automation controller in 2007. A few inventions later, 10s of 1000s of rock solid installations later, our ISY994 Series line of products embody the perfect marriage of Automation, Energy Management, IoT, and AI Assistants. You can easily consider ISY as your sidekick@home.

You can program your ISY with what needs to be done and it does it. Literally and forever unless you instruct it otherwise. You can count on it.

Your ISY does not need to be babysat, it is not a glorified remote control app on your mobile phone. Neither is it some magical essence in the cloud that might take a break once the Internet is down.

Your ISY can notify you of major and important events, you can talk to it, and it can talk to you. Yes, via natural voice using Alexa and Google Home.

Your ISY can even help you save money, save energy, conserve water, and save the earth!

30day-300x223.png

Why should you trust us? Because we stand behind you and our products. Don’t take our word for it. Take a look at our Testimonials

Extensible 

You may want to read mine and @MrBillstatement for context. We didn't say anything needing to constantly manage the Isy itself. Our statements pertained to udi and changes that they make to their systems and operations.

Babysitting the isy and keeping up with what's going on in the Isy world are 2 different things. You don't need to babysit your system when it's running well and you have no desire to add anything or make changes. 

However, while your system may stay the same; UDI is moving forward. Take work for example. You go in everyday and do the same thing. Do you not attend meetings and read emails to keep up with things that may change? If you skipped every meeting or never read your emails (outside of someone telling you), how would you know when policy changes or system upgrades happen? 

The same thing applies to UDI and automation in general. As the automation world changes, they have to keep up. Individuals demand new features and capabilities. If they don't provide customers move on. 

In short, the isy and subsequent systems are set and forget systems. No vigilance or maintenance needed. One can set, forget and never look at anything else again. But the rest of the world (and UDI) still moves on. When a person is ready to do something different, who does it fall on when they feel lost due to the multitude of changes?

16 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You may want to read mine and @MrBillstatement for context. We didn't say anything needing to constantly manage the Isy itself. Our statements pertained to udi and changes that they make to their systems and operations.

In short, the isy and subsequent systems are set and forget systems. No vigilance or maintenance needed. One can set, forget and never look at anything else again. But the rest of the world (and UDI) still moves on. When a person is ready to do something different, who does it fall on when they feel lost due to the multitude of changes?

I'm probably beating a dead horse here.  I agree that the ISY should be a standalone system that requires very little maintenance.  Barring updates or technology expansion, it should just run.  Unfortunately, a number of the "modules" have gone away over the years leaving customers stranded.  UD has tried to make new options available to replace the disappearing modules, but that isn't always possible within the confines of the given platform. 

Maybe I misread the OP's post.  The words "running again with my ISY" signal to me that he had the NuHeat module running on the ISY994 and it died (presumably when PG's died).  Geddy did an excellent job of laying out the events that led to the demise of PG2/PGC and options for getting things running again (PG2 on Rpi or PG3 on Eisy).  Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a solution using the OP's existing ISY994.  I can understand his frustration.  It worked previously, but now he needs to buy a Polisy (can't get) or an Eisy (not available yet). 

Does that mean that he wasn't paying attention?  He wasn't involved enough with the forum to understand that things were breaking and being deactivated? 

You and MrBill are extremely well versed on the technology and various platforms.  I enjoy reading your explanations of the various problems and workarounds.  In short, I've learned a lot from both of you.

Unfortunately not all of us are as up to date on the ISY, PGC, PG2, PG3, Polisy, Eisy happenings.  We do have jobs, families, and little distractions that take time away from keeping on top of the technology.  Please treat us gently.  We often do not have the time to invest in reading years worth of posts trying to find a solution. 

On 12/4/2022 at 6:21 PM, EddieRock said:

I've got my trusty ISY994 running (for like 10 years or so) and missed the "Polisy" purchase (since I think they are no longer building these) and want to get my NuHeat up and running again with my ISY. I guess Polisy isn't coming back so now what? (don't answer this without helping out below).

• Like 3
1 hour ago, IndyMike said:

Unfortunately, a number of the "modules" have gone away over the years leaving customers stranded.  UD has tried to make new options available to replace the disappearing modules, but that isn't always possible within the confines of the given platform. 

There were a few modules that UDI has supplied in the past. As far as I can tell the Elk module is really the only one that went away in favor of a more robust Node Server (mostly in PG3). It's been communicated through various emails from UDI when Polisy was first announced that Elk module would be going away in favor of the node server. I think perhaps those notifications only went to those that purchased the Elk Module from UDI and not a full customer distribution list. 

Another that I remember was the weather module (again, not something UDI could control), and again a lot of communication came from UDI before (and after) the weather module went away. 

When PGC began as an option for people not to have to have the skill/ability to run a rpi to run PG2 locally it added a lot of functionality without additional equipment. 

The words "running again with my ISY" signal to me that he had the NuHeat module running on the ISY994 and it died (presumably when PG's died).

That's how I interpreted the statement. I saw that there was a NuHeat node server available on PGC and figure since it shut down in February I wonder why it took until now to get this question. Perhaps it just got cold where @EddieRock lives when he realized the ISY wasn't doing something with the heat system.

There were a couple of emails sent by UDI when PGC was shut down. Due to the severity of the issue there was little (to no) warning that PGC would be shut down. At that time there was available Polisy equipment that users with mission critical PGC nodes could have purchased with a generous discount offered from UDI. So even if not reading the forums the effort was certainly made to get the word out about the change. 

Geddy did an excellent job of laying out the events that led to the demise of PG2/PGC and options for getting things running again

Why thank you! 😊

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a solution using the OP's existing ISY994. 

But it can run with the existing ISY994. At least in theory. None of us know the full abilities of the eisy (not yet released). If running a rpi with PG2 installed it would feed node server information back to the existing ISY994 (there does appear to be a NuHeat node server in PG2). Additionally, if @EddieRock was able to source a Polisy it too can feed information to the existing ISY994, but also can replace the ISY994 with the latest ISY on Polisy (IoP) service. 

The only issue is that the Polyglot Cloud is no more so additional equipment is needed, but most certainly, the existing ISY994 could still remain in service. Just need the equipment (and ability) to run the node servers now.

Simple? Depends on ability. Ideal? In the mind of the beholder. 

We do have jobs, families, and little distractions that take time away from keeping on top of the technology.  Please treat us gently.  We often do not have the time to invest in reading years worth of posts trying to find a solution. 

I completely 100% agree with you. Having a family, full-time job (remember, I don't work for UDI), and other hobbies, reading lots of posts is not always possible. There is a search feature and a Google Site Search function that both tend to work well for many issues people might have. Although most figure they don't have the time to search for their issue and just quickly post when a well phrased search (especially with Google Site Search) can usually result in a good starting point for information or support. 

But you're also correct...lots of users here have really been helpful. That's why I felt moved to step up to volunteer to help give back to the community from all the help I've received through the years. 

I appreciate the discussion, but I think beating the dead horse much more would really drift off topic of OP.  👍

I'm probably beating a dead horse here.  I agree that the ISY should be a standalone system that requires very little maintenance.  Barring updates or technology expansion, it should just run.  Unfortunately, a number of the "modules" have gone away over the years leaving customers stranded.  UD has tried to make new options available to replace the disappearing modules, but that isn't always possible within the confines of the given platform. 

Maybe I misread the OP's post.  The words "running again with my ISY" signal to me that he had the NuHeat module running on the ISY994 and it died (presumably when PG's died).  Geddy did an excellent job of laying out the events that led to the demise of PG2/PGC and options for getting things running again (PG2 on Rpi or PG3 on Eisy).  Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a solution using the OP's existing ISY994.  I can understand his frustration.  It worked previously, but now he needs to buy a Polisy (can't get) or an Eisy (not available yet). 

Does that mean that he wasn't paying attention?  He wasn't involved enough with the forum to understand that things were breaking and being deactivated? 

You and MrBill are extremely well versed on the technology and various platforms.  I enjoy reading your explanations of the various problems and workarounds.  In short, I've learned a lot from both of you.

Unfortunately not all of us are as up to date on the ISY, PGC, PG2, PG3, Polisy, Eisy happenings.  We do have jobs, families, and little distractions that take time away from keeping on top of the technology.  Please treat us gently.  We often do not have the time to invest in reading years worth of posts trying to find a solution. 

I understand what you are saying but there really isnt a good answer. Neither I nor mr bill is out to purposely offend anyone. However, it does fall on the individual user to keep up with whats happening. It is their right not to stay on top of things but then they can only blame themselves when they do not know or understand what is going on. Take UDI's app. When it was first released, I hated it. Havent used it since. If I tried to use it now, is it on me or UDI when I don't realize or know whats been added or changed? At this point, I would be combing through tons of posts and instructions trying to learn about something that couldve been made much easier had I taken 10 minutes out the week to check in on things from time to time. 

It actually does mean he wasn't paying attention. Whether we like it or not, the ISY has a large impact on our lives. His frustration shows how much it impacts us; so why wouldnt we try to dedicate 10 minutes out of the week just to check in? A person can click unread content and see what they've missed in less than 5 minutes. 

Udi made it clear from the start that PG2 was only temporary. PG3 was always the next step and pg2 would be going away. This was stated repeatedly time after time. PG2 was never meant to be a forever solution and reality is, there will be a pg4 at some point just like there will be an eisy2. Even when PGC died, UDI sent out an email in addition to their website and forum. If he ignored the emails (perhaps uses a junk email account for access), then thats still on him and not UDI.

We are always willing to help others but sometimes, people also have to be willing to help themselves. As I stated earlier, they dont have to do so but they also shouldnt complain about not being up to date either. 

Edited by lilyoyo1

OP here...

I'm extremely busy with work, family, home projects and other things. I'm a DevOps engineer and IT for many years. I follow TONS of rags and some things I can't 100% keep up with. I'm learning python, docker, ansible, kubernetes and other automation technologies for work and I'm 110% busy. I helped @simplextech test his integration years ago (I think I was the first) and discovered that the thermostat needed to be on Manual for it to work. It was fine till it got upgraded and I needed to set it up again. I did and then it got changed again and again (I'm not sure but I stopped banging my head). So, I figured set it on manual and go on my way.

I've been checking the UD store for the "sold out" polisy's hoping that they would be in stock some time (about a year?) but there wasn't any news there that they were going away. Then they were taken off the site. I do get emails from UDI. But seems like there hasn't been much. Maybe sales[at]universal-devices.com isn't the right news list. https://www.universal-devices.com/insider-scoop/ doesn't have anything on it. For the past 10 minutes, I've been looking for a link to sign up for the emails people have been talking about without success. Nothing on their website I can find. So, I've got the website, the Wiki, and the forum. that's pretty much it. The https://polyglot.isy.io/ site doesn't allow logins (maybe broken for me) but I think it did earlier this week. I go to the forum when I need help...

My inbox from universal devices... Check the dates on the right (I don't delete anything... LOL):
image.png.4508f63f1a0869aea1d63a4b3c99f1ac.png

I went to fix it because I'm between home renovation projects because of the upcoming holidays. I didn't know PGx was no longer for the ISY. I went to the polyglot store, I went to the wiki, I went in circles trying to figure out how to get it up and running again. I do have a Pi and maybe PG2 will work for me. I don't want to start that unless eisy is far away (which it sounds like it's very soon).

I'm going to remind that I love the product and I have to wait now. That's fine. Just seems like the obvious places to look for news aren't working for me. When searching the forums, I find old irrelevant posts that seem to steer me in the wrong direction because of out dated products. I get it.

There should be a post on the news and announcements saying that the Polisy will be replaced by eisy soon and why (make the post title obvious). Up until yesterday, there wasn't anything easily findable. I don't even see a signup link on the main website for news but since I'm getting emails, I figured I was on the right list. Maybe not so... Where do I sign up?

So, that's why I posted...

How do I get on the list to get a eisy?

...Less confused Ed

Edited by EddieRock

Oh my gosh (I had a different word here). I finally found where to sign up for more info...

This REALLY IS NOT EASY to find.

For those who don't know... I had to go to the UDI site, then click on my account, log in with my ISY portal, (what happens if I don't have that?) and then check all the boxes.

I was expecting a simple form to sign up to the newsletter.

Anyway, I've checked ALL the boxes.

For all of you telling me I'm not paying attention... I am now I guess. 

Oh, and I've been a customer/member since 2014

image.thumb.png.7cf4569c26c99c09606876fe7328aa46.png

Edited by EddieRock
3 hours ago, EddieRock said:

This REALLY IS NOT EASY to find.

Guess you missed the link I had in my earlier reply. 

3 hours ago, EddieRock said:

The https://polyglot.isy.io/ site doesn't allow logins (maybe broken for me) but I think it did earlier this week.

Nope. Hasn't allowed logins since February 2022. There were several emails about that and a post on the announcements area of the forums as well as mentions of this on the wiki. 

• Solution

High level comments:

1. Yes, everything should run without having to fiddle with it
2. Yes, the website should be more user friend
3. Yes, we should provide more news

Unfortunately, 

1. Some things are beyond our control such as $6K/year minimum for Weather services
2. People not reading their emails 
3. Us being too geeky and less sociable and thus focus more on the product than the website and news

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1