Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

20 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@mbking,

Can you exclude/remove the dimmer?

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim, It does now and is working fine.  I had originally placed it near Polisy as I had had to do with the Zooz dongle to get it to add to the Z-Wave network.  But doing that now, IoX never sees it.  May be related to signal strength.  Once I moved it to its final location, it connected normally.  So other than not being able to see the Aeotec Range Extender 7 in the tree, everything is working as expected. My Update Package worked normally as well.  Thanks for your help.

55 minutes ago, waffles said:

My Polisy is Insteon only. Should this upgrade still work for it?

I have done the "Launch the Admin Console, go to the Configuration tab, click on Update Packages. Warning, this might take a while depending on how current your OS is.."  twice already with wait times of some 15 min in between, but no beeps or changes in the version number.

Same here, been over an hour and no update after click on Update Packages.

I am not getting a status update from one of my z-wave devices. Aeotec by Aeon Labs Nano Switch. Its a small switch that sits inside a switch box. I can turn it on/off from the AC but if I switch it on or off locally the status never gets updated on the AC.  I see no device traffic in the event monitor if switched locally.  It did work with the Zooz stick. Tried different settings but no changes. Thanks for any suggestions.

Gary

UPDATE: I found the issue with my Nano switch. Home Assistant forum mentioned a parameter not

mentioned in the Nano switch documentation. So after trying a few values I found the one that works.  Parameter: 80 Value: 2

Edited by garybixler
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

For those with upgrade issue, it might have gotten stuck in pkg. If you have blinking 2 + 3 leds (from the left), then it's already upgrading. The more click that button, the longer it's going to take. If those lights are not blinking, please submit a ticket.

With kind regards,
Michel

Hi Michel,  I apologize for my confusion.

I have the new board installed in my Polisy, but I am waiting for the migration until I receive my eisy and when the tool is deemed to be ready.

My question : Should I do the upgrade 5.5.0 now and should I do that in the Administrative Console or by using  a paper clip on the Polisy.

I know that much has been posted on all this but with so many posts I am a bit confused.

10 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

For those with upgrade issue, it might have gotten stuck in pkg. If you have blinking 2 + 3 leds (from the left), then it's already upgrading. The more click that button, the longer it's going to take. If those lights are not blinking, please submit a ticket.

With kind regards,
Michel

My Polisy only shows a solid LED on the left.

Ticket created. Thanks!

I found an issue with another two devices. The Zooz ZEN 16 does not have all its interfaces loaded. Should be 3 switch inputs and 3 relays out. The Zooz ZEN 17 seems to have all the interfaces loaded but the switch state is not being seen by the AC. Tried many things but no luck. The Zooz 71 switches seem to work fine. Just information as I am not using Z-wave for anything necessary.

Thanks Gary

ZEN17.PNG

ZEN16.PNG

Edited by garybixler
16 hours ago, MWareman said:

At the risk of 'me too' - this worked for me. After a couple of hours of no progress, no beeps and no automation I had to update the pkg package manually before using the admin console to update the rest.

I had same issue so me too too!

My Polisy was hung for hours with right two LEDs blinking but it was still working. I reboot and had the UID of 00's. Update the pkg as per above, then took a couple reboots and attempts but now is at v5.5.0

None of my Zooz Z-Wave devices worked at first, but I did a hard reboot of the Polisy by pulling power. I tried soft restarting Polisy a few times and Z-Wave did not work - it seems the dongle gets stuck and needs a hardware reboot (note that I remember this happened with previous updates).

Will probably start moving to ZMatter this weekend.

I found an issue with Z-Wave that's new with this release/Z-Wave hardware.

I have 2 Enbrighten 26931 in-wall smart motion switches (Z-Wave Plus).  These switches have built-in motion switches, for which there is a node (Motion Sensor).  With the current hardware/software, the Motion Sensor node never updates.  It did with the two previous versions of hardware (ISY 500 board and Zooz 700 stick).

EDIT: Nothing related to the motion sensor "ZY003_155" shows up in the Event Viewer, FWIW.

Here's the node info from Z-Wave X-Ray:

<nodeInfo>
    <node flag="0" nodeDefId="ZY003_155">
        <address>ZY003_155</address>
        <name>ZY 003 Motion Sensor</name>
        <family>12</family>
        <parent type="1">ZY003_1</parent>
        <type>4.16.1.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <startDelay>0</startDelay>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <pnode>ZY003_1</pnode>
        <rpnode>ZY003_1</rpnode>
        <sgid>155</sgid>
        <custom flags="384" val1="0"/>
        <devtype>
            <gen>4.16.1</gen>
            <mfg>99.18765.12338</mfg>
            <cat>155</cat>
        </devtype>
    </node>
    <properties/>
</nodeInfo>

Edited by Bumbershoot

Tried to do the Update Packages method & watched the process with HTOP.

No where did pkg update from 1.18.4 to 1.19.0 & the process slowed down to a lock

another fun way to watch is to do a tail on the messages

tail -f /var/log/messages | bzgrep pkg

anyway I had to eventually do an update of pkg then hit the Update Packages again.  NO WHERE did the POLISY lock up which is a testament to the choice to use BSD

anyway I am hearing happy beeps right as I type this

maybe the update script should do an update of pkg before it goes into the rest of the udi update?

4 minutes ago, sjenkins said:

maybe the update script should do an update of pkg before it goes into the rest of the udi update?

Definitely needs a script improvement.

I haven't updated yet, too scary reading about all the issues. Why doesn't UDI provide update instructions to use via SSH SUDO? In the early days I used to do this:

sudo service polyglot stop
sudo service udx stop
sudo pkg update
sudo pkg upgrade
sudo service polyglot start
sudo service udx start
sudo service isy start
sudo service pg3 restart

• Like 2

Kudos to Michel and the team for all of their hard work in this roll out.  I was able to upgrade to 5.50 and with the new fix- the zwave nodes now show up for most of my devices in the tree. My Aeotec gen 6 range extender registers but does not show up as a node as others have described.  The problem is - the same is also true for my Kwikset 910 door lock.  It registers but there is no node to set parameters.  I have excluded and included it 2 additional times- no change.  I think this is an issue with S2 security mode -  Is there a fix for this??

-Steve

That always worked for me but it appears some of those commands have been erasedfrpm the freeBSD os to force users to use the provided tools.

That update command has never functioned properly for me since polisy came out. The ssh method always worked though and was used to recover each time.

We will get there to a user level system eventually.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, SJL said:

Kudos to Michel and the team for all of their hard work in this roll out.  I was able to upgrade to 5.50 and with the new fix- the zwave nodes now show up for most of my devices in the tree. My Aeotec gen 6 range extender registers but does not show up as a node as others have described.  The problem is - the same is also true for my Kwikset 910 door lock.  It registers but there is no node to set parameters.  I have excluded and included it 2 additional times- no change.  I think this is an issue with S2 security mode -  Is there a fix for this??

-Steve

Hi Steve,

Couple of questions ... are you saying there are no ISY nodes at all for your door lock?  Did you add the door lock after moving to ZMatter Z-Wave?

Yes - I migrated to Polisy and installed and moved to Zmatter.  ISY migration was seamless. Zwave has been difficult - I have followed the threads and upgraged the packages as the fixes were applied.  there are no ISY nodes for the Kwikset 910 - It excluded and included similar to the Aeotec Gen 6 range extender but it's not visible in the ISY node tree.  The zwave Node count did move ahead. 

In addition, all of my CT-100 zwave thermostats work fine from the admin console, but UD mobile could not parse data on "inserting Family files for Zwave  and mobilinc no longer shows a thermostat tab and in the device tree, there are no adjustable variables (temp, heat/cool etc) for any of the thermostats.  I believe the lock issue is related to S2 security and the thermostat issue now likely due to the daughter subentries for each zwave thermostat. None of these were issues with the 300 and 500 zwave boards. 

26 minutes ago, SJL said:

I believe the lock issue is related to S2 security 

When you add an S2 device a popup will appear in the Admin Console asking you what levels of security to grant (for higher levels you also have to supply the pin for the device).  After that, another popup will appear asking you to verify the DSK matches your device.  Did you get both of these popups?

My six year old Schlage BZ 469 excluded/included from where it is installed, which was a nice surprise (the Polisy is probably 40' away, but with a few repeaters in between).  It only uses S0, but it's fully functional, and so far, snappy and reliable.  The exclude/include succeeded the first time I tried, and quickly.

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

I did not receive any S2 pop ups for the Kwikset lock- I have a GE 40amp relay for my pool pump which did pop up re: security - I declined- and it added fine.  The lock just registered and disappeared like the range extender.  So the lock and the thermostats are the main issue..

-Steve

40 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

My six year old Schlage BZ 469 excluded/included from where it is installed, which was a nice surprise (the Polisy is probably 40' away, but with a few repeaters in between).  It only uses S0, but it's fully functional, and so far, snappy and reliable.  The exclude/include succeeded the first time I tried, and quickly.

I am hoping my Yale Assure with Wave plus module (500 series) will work. Sorta waiting now since I rely on this lock for others to use and if I cannot program codes this is bad thing. All my other Z-Wave is not as critical.

With S2, I suppose we going to have to start keeping track of PIN codes now.  For example, a wall switch that has that QR-Code on it, should also have a pin #. For my Insteon devices, I currently keep recorded all the addresses in a spreadsheet in case I need to add again so I don't have to remove wall plate.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, brians said:

With S2, I suppose we going to have to start keeping track of PIN codes now.  For example, a wall switch that has that QR-Code on it, should also have a pin #. For my Insteon devices, I currently keep recorded all the addresses in a spreadsheet in case I need to add again so I don't have to remove wall plate.

often thought of that for my Insteon devices; never did;  I'm impressed.