Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

If it is of interest, I am finally trying to migrate from my 994i Pro (with ZWave) to Polisy Pro.
I never created a ZWave on Polisy with the Zooz, even though I had it plugged in. I removed the Zooz when I got my ZMatter board.
Once I received the ZMatter, I did install, update software, and click the "Move to ZMatter ZWave" button.
(Note: upgrading FW on the Polisy did require an m2SATA <--> USB flash, since the Polisy itself locked up and would not boot after "Upgrade Packages" button was used through Admin Console initially - thanks @Michel Kohanim for working with me on ticket 19880.)

I did end up doing a few test ZWave inclusions, factory resets, and exclusions (since I never saw ZY nodes appear in Admin Console), and had seen a mixture of "interview complete" and "interview not complete".

After my last ZMatter / ZWave factory reset, current state is now:
I have since excluded two devices from 994i Pro and successfully included securely in Polisy + ZMatter - at least, "Successfully" as they do complete interview.
Not sure what device 01 is, as it always shows up even after factory reset of Zmatter / ZWave, and never has said "interview complete"; so in this, device 02 is an Aoetec Range Extender 6, device 03 is an August SmartLock Pro (3rd gen):

Devices list: 
  1 Interview Not done
  2 Interview done
  3 Interview done

However, no ZY nodes show up in the Admin Console (tree nor programs), even after relaunching.

Is any of this useful? Is this all known and being addressed as part of the new firmware expected this week? The others in this thread seem to be able to get their various devices showing, mostly, unless the devices has no values or settings.
August Locks would not fit that description, and even the Range Extender 6 has LED settings I occasionally used via 994i - so I really expected to see the nodes in the Admin Console.
I can see them via rest/zmatter/zwave/dh/node/2/cc/0 and rest/zmatter/zwave/dh/node/3/cc/0 but not sure what details are being sought from that.
I also still have a couple of each of those kinds of devices still on the 994i's ZWave if there is value in compare / contrast.

DH Controller: 
String   DATA controller.data.softwareRevisionVersion = "v4.0.1-7-g8ca978e6"
String   DATA controller.data.softwareRevisionId = "8ca978e6b971820bafcc3aefb9d0e3791e35b928"
String   DATA controller.data.softwareRevisionDate = "2022-11-29 05:00:16 +0300"
String   DATA controller.data.uuid = "000000000000000004cd15fffe3cd1f7"
Empty    DATA controller.data.hardware = Empty
String   DATA controller.data.hardware.programmerId = "04cd15fffe8cc4f8"
Integer  DATA controller.data.hardware.productionSeq = 874 (0x0000036a)
Empty    DATA controller.data.hardware.uartSpeed = Empty
Empty    DATA controller.data.bootloader = Empty
Integer  DATA controller.data.bootloader.version = 33619968 (0x02010000)
Integer  DATA controller.data.bootloader.crc = -1776953844 (0x9615d60c)
Empty    DATA controller.data.firmware = Empty
String   DATA controller.data.firmware.version = "0304.00000C34.1711"
String   DATA controller.data.firmware.build = "7.18.3/0"

1 hour ago, residualimages said:

Not sure what device 01 is, as it always shows up even after factory reset of Zmatter / ZWave, and never has said "interview complete"

I think device 01 is your Z-Wave controller, so I wouldn't expect that one to be interviewed.

Greetings;

Just updated my OI to 13 on my Polisy Pro.

Did a first upgrade packages, which seemt to have worked fine.

Now, when I launch IoX (5.4.5), I get an error stating that IoP is on 5.5.0, but admin console  is lower version... Where can I find the new admin console, please?

Thanks!

I was able to log on, and transfer my PG2 data to PG3, or almost.

Please look at the screenshot below. The three node servers that I transferred have "no data available", are "unmanaged". No way to manage them or otherwise modify them. I I tried to reinstall them, but they are would be going to a different slot. and I haven't found a way to delete them either, so I can reinstall them...

Thanks for your help.

image.thumb.png.3fd6ab4ac6bcb8c92ce814eb10f4c312.png

@TriLife The ones that are "unmanaged" are probably the ones that still reside on PG2 adn it looks like they didnt transfer. 

The simplest way to do this manually is to:

-Go to PG2 and open each Config tab for each NS and screenshot the info you will need to reproduce on the PG3

-Make note of which slot they are in.

-Delete the node servers from PG2.  Wait for the system to completely clear them.

-Open PG3 and install them into the same slot that they were in, entering in the config info from PG2.

Patience is key to these steps as it make a take a little while for the slot to become available again.By doing it in this manner, you should preserve your programming in the Admin Console / IoX. To be sure, open the AC and go to the programs summary tab and click on the column for Activity to sort it and look for any YELLOW programs saying something like out of memory etc. Those programs may need tweaks.

48 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

@TriLife The ones that are "unmanaged" are probably the ones that still reside on PG2 adn it looks like they didnt transfer. 

The simplest way to do this manually is to:

-Go to PG2 and open each Config tab for each NS and screenshot the info you will need to reproduce on the PG3

-Make note of which slot they are in.

-Delete the node servers from PG2.  Wait for the system to completely clear them.

-Open PG3 and install them into the same slot that they were in, entering in the config info from PG2.

Patience is key to these steps as it make a take a little while for the slot to become available again.By doing it in this manner, you should preserve your programming in the Admin Console / IoX. To be sure, open the AC and go to the programs summary tab and click on the column for Activity to sort it and look for any YELLOW programs saying something like out of memory etc. Those programs may need tweaks.

Thanks;

Until yesterday, I had PG2 running with ISY994 to still handle my Z-Wave devices and PG3 running IoP for all the non-Zwave sensored programs/devices. Both had mostly the same node servers and all was well.

I now upgraded the OS to 13.1 so I could install the Zmatter dongle. And I seem to be having oodles of problems:

The "unmanaged" NS in PG3

ZWave not transferring at all

Since MQTT NS isn't loading, none of my lights can be controlled

Every time I do a change (like deleting NS in PG3), Admin Console goes through 3 "updates" which take about 15 minutes each and nothing seems to change...

AND, as I just mentioned, I screenshot PG2 data and deleted it, but after 40 mins, I still get the "unmanaged" NS, and no way to delete them.

I did restart PG3 and rebooted Polisy, BTW. No dice

If there is no way to delete, How do I REBOOT PG3, so I can start from scratch?

Edited by TriLife
added missing information
On 12/24/2022 at 2:36 PM, SteveT said:

Curious, @greensuit, how are you going to revert from the ZMatter board back to ZWave USB stick?  Have been searching for the procedure.  Thanks.  

@SteveT, I reverted manually.  I excluded everything, restored an IoX backup made prior to the jump to ZMatter, reset the USB stick to factory and then included everything from scratch.  I only have ~10 ZW devices so it wasn't too painful. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TriLife said:

Thanks;

Until yesterday, I had PG2 running with ISY994 to still handle my Z-Wave devices and PG3 running IoP for all the non-Zwave sensored programs/devices. Both had mostly the same node servers and all was well.

I now upgraded the OS to 13.1 so I could install the Zmatter dongle. And I seem to be having oodles of problems:

The "unmanaged" NS in PG3

ZWave not transferring at all

Since MQTT NS isn't loading, none of my lights can be controlled

Every time I do a change (like deleting NS in PG3), Admin Console goes through 3 "updates" which take about 15 minutes each and nothing seems to change...

AND, as I just mentioned, I screenshot PG2 data and deleted it, but after 40 mins, I still get the "unmanaged" NS, and no way to delete them.

I did restart PG3 and rebooted Polisy, BTW. No dice

If there is no way to delete, How do I REBOOT PG3, so I can start from scratch?

The bad news is, I just tried to undo this whole shebang and revert to PG2, using ISY994 and look what I get?! The same "unmanaged"NS. Seems like the bug got introduced passing from OS12.x to 13.1...

image.thumb.png.674f419e82fb317e4e85e9178f0cff7e.png

11 minutes ago, TriLife said:

The bad news is, I just tried to undo this whole shebang and revert to PG2, using ISY994 and look what I get?! The same "unmanaged"NS. Seems like the bug got introduced passing from OS12.x to 13.1...

image.thumb.png.674f419e82fb317e4e85e9178f0cff7e.png

You'll have to restore a PG2 backup to get the node server's back.  Unmanaged means PG2 sees the node servers installed on the i994 but it doesn't know anything about them.

34 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

You'll have to restore a PG2 backup to get the node server's back.  Unmanaged means PG2 sees the node servers installed on the i994 but it doesn't know anything about them.

Thanks Bob;

I did get rid of the "unmanaged"stuff. But Nothing seems to be working anymore. Admin console shows all of my sonoff switches, but won't control them, Google says it cannot reach Unversal devices. When try to do a sync with UD Mobile, it gives me a warning that 400+ items no longer exist etc. Major screw-up here.

Also, the Node server configuration pages now show MacIDs instead of user names (the MQTT in particular should show my MQTT userid/password, no?)

I think the best is to reset Polisy and all of the PGs and try for a restore from my ISY994 to my ISY994 and from PG2 to PG2. I think I'll wait to get the eisy delivered, with hopefully ZMatter migration, before I touch PG3 again. Too much of a PITA.

Can you please tell me how to reset the PGs? Do I need to reset Polisy too?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, TriLife said:

Thanks Bob;

I did get rid of the "unmanaged"stuff. But Nothing seems to be working anymore. Admin console shows all of my sonoff switches, but won't control them, Google says it cannot reach Unversal devices. When try to do a sync with UD Mobile, it gives me a warning that 400+ items no longer exist etc. Major screw-up here.

Also, the Node server configuration pages now show MacIDs instead of user names (the MQTT in particular should show my MQTT userid/password, no?)

I think the best is to reset Polisy and all of the PGs and try for a restore from my ISY994 to my ISY994 and from PG2 to PG2. I think I'll wait to get the eisy delivered, with hopefully ZMatter migration, before I touch PG3 again. Too much of a PITA.

Can you please tell me how to reset the PGs? Do I need to reset Polisy too?

Thanks

I think I may have a hint on what is wrong here:

When I first started working with the MQTT server, I had to install a mosquitto broker (

I'm guessing that when I upgraded the OS to 13.1, all that got wiped out! and I need to start from scratch.

Now, in this thread, @xKing talks about installing the broker on an RPi. When I try the same commands on polisy:

sudo: apt-get: command not found
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo apt-get install mosquitto
sudo: apt-get: command not found

Can someone help me translate this into Polisy-Linux, please?

Thanks

With my ISY994 V5 I am sure the thermostat set-time function worked... now I am running on an IOP V5.5

I have a few insteon Thermostats.  Model 2441TH  V0.10 and V0.0F

The set-time feature now sets the time to GMT, where as my local time is GMT-5.

Yes I verfied my local time (BOSTON) on the console is correct. This has been an issue for several months...

image.thumb.png.8b7a0a8ccbbad579d6b13ace63a1baec.png

31 minutes ago, JMcKain said:

Does it matter? I have zwave thermostats, that the IoX controls via the settings within Iox. So I dont do anything at the thermostat level: time setting, programs etc. I rely on the IoX to do it all, so if your Boston time zone is correct on the IoX, it doesn't matter to have a time on the thermostat unless you are programming it locally on the thermostat as well, which then negates the need to have it part of your IoX and you can probably set the time locally on the thermostat directly.

Just wondering. you may be getting caught up in a red herring?

2 hours ago, JMcKain said:

With my ISY994 V5 I am sure the thermostat set-time function worked... now I am running on an IOP V5.5

Yes I verfied my local time (BOSTON) on the console is correct. This has been an issue for several months...

Are you sure that the isy sets the time on the thermostat and thats not a local feature? If it does, there should be a way to set it on the thermostat since the ISY time wouldnt automatically do so

I use the local time/program to control heat (Winter) and fan cooling (Summer) in my farm buildings, but use ISY integration to check that things are working the way they should. Because the heater is 110V being controlled by an Insteon-plug via the thermostat's scene.  ITS NOT 100% reliable like a relay connection.  So the Thermostat/Plug are autonomous, but the ISY checks it with Temp limits and emails me if needed. No battery backup for time in that thermostat so I set time every night at 3AM.

IOX is just not reliable enough for heat control. One freeze and my water pipes are hurting

The second post, yes the IOX can set the time, its a feature of that thermostat.

It worked for years with the ISY994, but since I switched to Polisy in Feb 22, it has not.

I would not say this was a P1 bug, but I thought I would add it to this thread.

Since I know its always +5hr I can work around it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JMcKain said:

There are a few bugs in 5.5.0 that weren't in the previous release. A firmware update is coming out soon, not sure if it will address your issue.

14 hours ago, Techman said:

A firmware update is coming out soon, not sure if it will address your issue.

Looks like it's partially out.  I updated from the AC this morning, and got a new Admin Console, but it seems that something is amiss...  The firmware won't yet upgrade, so it might pay to wait for an announcement prior to upgrading packages.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 7.05.27 AM.png

Good morning!

Any news about the ability to migrate Z-Wave from the ISY dongle to IoP?

The last announcement/banner on the website said 13. December or something like that. Shortly after that 5.5.0 was released, but I understood that it didn't include Z-Wave migration...

And as a follow-up: if a migration path is not forthcoming l, is the ZMatter dongle functional to connect to Z-Wave sensors? Would that mean removing my two dozen sensors from their 15ft ceilings to re-pair them with the new dongle, or is there an easier way?

Thanks.

Edited by TriLife
added missing information
1 hour ago, TriLife said:

Good morning!

The last announcement/banner on the website said 13. December or something like that. Shortly after that 5.5.0 was released, but I understood that it didn't include Z-Wave migration...

And as a follow-up: if a migration path is not forthcoming l, is the ZMatter dongle functional to connect to Z-Wave sensors? Would that mean removing my two dozen sensors from their 15ft ceilings to re-pair them with the new dongle, or is there an easier way?

Thanks.

The release notes in the first post contains this information. Michel also stated theyre working on migration with no eta due to a bug.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TriLife said:

Good morning!

Thanks.

There is supposed to be an update coming this week that may address some of these issues with missing nodes on certain devices that do not comply perfectly to the ZWave standard. Right now many are having issues with ZWave sensors not working correctly with ZMatter so I would be hesitant to switch over now. What is model of ZWave sensor yo have? Also that is a lot of sensors and high ceilings, curious what their purpose is.

I currently have following issues:

- Zen17 cannot write parameters and does not show all nodes. I have working currently but not in its optimal configuration I would like as before with Zooz.
- Everspring water sensor - missing a node that triggers the actual water sensor, but I was able to map the Basic Set it broadcasts to use in a program via control.
- Hail is not working correctly (I got message that it is to be fixed in next version)
- My ZLink plugin dimmers cannot map status to INIT in UD Mobile for purpose of adding a slider widget.  I am not sure if Zooz had this issue before because I never tried doing this until after I moved to ZMatter. I sorta think that because the device is a wall plug and doesn't control anything and is more of a responder only then this may be a limitation.

Edited by brians