Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

39 minutes ago, vbphil said:

My z-wave migration failed, and I had to restore IoX back to the pre-migration 5.5.2 backup. I'm using the ZooZ Z-Wave USB Stick and the ZMatter board is installed. I have some z-wave devices configured but not plugged in and are marked as disabled. I'm wondering if during the migration the z-wave controller has to communicate with a device, and it isn't plugged in what harm that could cause? Perhaps I should remove those devices from the network before attempting another migration.

When the migrigation failed, did you shut off eisy and perform a restore of your latest backup on Polisy ?

At one point I want to try out the migration, as long as I can be comfortable to use Polisy if the migration fails.

Edited by asbril

Did the Polisy migration yesterday.  The process was mostly successful; however, I experienced the following problems:

1. 1 of the 2 UltraPro In-Wall Smart Switches (39354 ZW4009) did not connect to the network.  Not sure about the steps to reestablish the connection - Remove, Sync, Add?  Had no luck connecting to remove or add.
  2. 1 of the 5 Levitron Plug-In Dimmers (DZPD3) did not connect to the network. Same comment as above to reconnect.
  3. ZooZ Remote Switch (ZEN34) did not connect. May have indicated non supported in program.  Should have noted the exact comment. This remote is used daily to shutdown lights at end of day.
  4. Fibaro Keyfob (FGKF-601) did not connect.

As a result of these problems, I restored with the backup to the V5.5.2 release and Z-Wave dongle.  All devices working normally

13 minutes ago, teuhl said:

Did the Polisy migration yesterday.  The process was mostly successful; however, I experienced the following problems:

1. 1 of the 2 UltraPro In-Wall Smart Switches (39354 ZW4009) did not connect to the network.  Not sure about the steps to reestablish the connection - Remove, Sync, Add?  Had no luck connecting to remove or add.
  2. 1 of the 5 Levitron Plug-In Dimmers (DZPD3) did not connect to the network. Same comment as above to reconnect.
  3. ZooZ Remote Switch (ZEN34) did not connect. May have indicated non supported in program.  Should have noted the exact comment. This remote is used daily to shutdown lights at end of day.
  4. Fibaro Keyfob (FGKF-601) did not connect.

As a result of these problems, I restored with the backup to the V5.5.2 release and Z-Wave dongle.  All devices working normally

Thanks for your feedback.  This leads to another question..... 

If I switch off my Polisy, move the Zooz dongle to eisy (and remove the ZMatter board), do a Restore of my latest Polisy backup, should that work ?   AND if it does not, can I then move the Zooz dongle back to my Polisy and that works ?

If it does work,  I should then be able to try the migration to the ZMatter board ?

Edited by asbril
7 minutes ago, teuhl said:

Fibaro Keyfob (FGKF-601) did not connect.

I have a Fibaro Button (FGPB-101) that also did not connect. In my case - I did a 'Remove' (six rapid presses of the button after selecting 'Remove' in the admin console) and a re-add (again 6 rapid button presses after hitting 'Add' in the admin console). On the Zooz it was ZW28 - on re-adding it was device 29. It works fine once re-added.

My theory - it is a trigger-only battery powered device (like the keyfob).  I suspect the migration was not able to query this and so did not re-add it. Is this possible @Chris Jahn?

46 minutes ago, vbphil said:

I'm using the ZooZ Z-Wave USB Stick and the ZMatter board is installed.

I started with the zmatter board NOT installed, and installed it when prompted. 

47 minutes ago, vbphil said:

I have some z-wave devices configured but not plugged in and are marked as disabled. I'm wondering if during the migration the z-wave controller has to communicate with a device, and it isn't plugged in what harm that could cause? Perhaps 

The migration DOES have to query the device to get it's routing and neighbor information. In my case - the couple of devices that were not plugged in did not migrate and I kind of expected that. However - I think the instructions should explicitly call this out ("All devices MUST be in range and powered on")

@asbril

The restore process that was used was to power down the Polisy, plug the dongle back in, power up and open the AC after the Polisy rebooted.  Then I restored the Polisy from the backup file taken before the migration. All devices worked fine with no other interaction.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, asbril said:

When the migrigation failed, did you shut off eisy and perform a restore of your latest backup on Polisy ?

No eISY. I was referring to the z-wave migration from ZooZ stick to ZMatter plugin board. BTW, when I selected the migrate (migraine) button the AC shut down. When I tried to log back in it wouldn't accept my credentials. I had to use admin/admin to log in and then nothing worked. It had all my nodes but didn't see the PLM or any z-wave. UDI couldn't figure it out either on a service call, so a restore was used. I may try it again when I have the time.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, asbril said:

Thanks for your feedback.  This leads to another question..... 

If I switch off my Polisy, move the Zooz dongle to eisy (and remove the ZMatter board), do a Restore of my latest Polisy backup, should that work ?   AND if it does not, can I then move the Zooz dongle back to my Polisy and that works ?

If it does work,  I should then be able to try the migration to the ZMatter board ?

I believe that the ZMatter can work in Polisy either internally or externally in USB enclosure that you have.

The process for your migration should be to plug it back in the Polisy when asked and do the migration on Polisy. Then do a backup of Polisy and restore on EISY and move the ZMatter dongle over to EISY. I would get confirmation from UD first on this however. It is not clear in the instructions if you are supposed to remove the ZMatter board from Polisy and most people who got ZMatter went ahead and installed before migration - UD should make this clear if it is to be uninstalled before migration in this case. In your case because of USB it should be easier.

57 minutes ago, brians said:

I believe that the ZMatter can work in Polisy either internally or externally in USB enclosure that you have.

The process for your migration should be to plug it back in the Polisy when asked and do the migration on Polisy. Then do a backup of Polisy and restore on EISY and move the ZMatter dongle over to EISY. I would get confirmation from UD first on this however. It is not clear in the instructions if you are supposed to remove the ZMatter board from Polisy and most people who got ZMatter went ahead and installed before migration - UD should make this clear if it is to be uninstalled before migration in this case. In your case because of USB it should be easier.

I believe that you are asking the right questions. Maybe when Michel and Chris have some more time (and hopefully having relaxed a bit over this New Year, they can fine-tune the instructions for  less-techies like me.

Right now I have the ZMatter on my eisy with just one (ZWave) device and everything else on Polisy with the Zooz dongle. Both eisy and Polisy are on 5.5.2  .

It would be easy to move the ZMatter USB back to Polisy but step-by-step instructions would be helpful, and for me also the possibility to (temporarely) move back to Polisy should the migration feel.

I have been asking (too) many questions the past few days, but  I fully understand that UD needs time, so though I may not give the impression, I am patient :-) 

On 12/30/2022 at 8:13 PM, ddaggett1 said:

So, I've upgraded to 5.5.2 (no problems), and then I restored from my ISY backup, and I saw all the Z-Wave nodes. But, other than that, the restore was completely useless, as none of the 80+ Z-Wave nodes appear to be working and none of the Z-Wave UIs for each of the 80+ nodes appear to populate at all. Thus, I would consider the migration to be a complete failure so far, at least for me. I'll file a ticket.

Maybe a dumb question but I'm trying to find 5.5.2 for an update but am unable to locate it. 

Any help?

It appears my Aeon Minimote suffered the same issue as my Fibaro Button (and @teuhl's Fabaro remote). These are all battery devices that sleep unless a button is pressed (I presume) - and apparently the migration is failing on these type of devices.

Edited by MWareman
typo
3 minutes ago, MWareman said:

It appears my Aeon Minimote suffered the same issue as my Fibaro Button (and @teuhl's Fabaro remote). These are all battery devices that sleep unless a button is pressed (I presume) - and apparently the migration is failing on these type of devices.

Unless you have many of these battery devices, exclude / include may be the way.

26 minutes ago, bmarsh said:

Maybe a dumb question but I'm trying to find 5.5.2 for an update but am unable to locate it. 

@bmarsh

What device are you trying to upgrade to 5.5.2? Recently you posted about updating your ISY994. Note that 5.5.2 is only for Polisy and eisy devices.

The last release for the ISY994 was 5.3.4 found in the Current Release area of the forums. 

5 minutes ago, MWareman said:

A bit more troubleshooting. When pressing a button, the ZWAY.LOG file shows:

[2023-01-01 16:23:05.362] [D] [...] RECEIVED: ( 01 0C 00 04 00 0C 03 20 01 05 A7 00 00 7B )
[2023-01-01 16:23:05.362] [D] [...] SENT ACK
[2023-01-01 16:23:05.363] [D] [...] SETDATA devices.12.data.lastReceived = 0 (0x00000000)
[2023-01-01 16:23:05.363] [W] [...] Ignoring Set packet recieved on lower security scheme Plain text than our highest S0 (acceptSetSecurityLevel is not set)
[2023-01-01 16:23:05.364] [E] [...] Error returned from _zway_cc_call_handler(zway, device->default_instance, controller->id, 0, data[4 + L], &data[5 + L]): Function class not supported by the hardware (-4)

Seems the device may have initially been included in the Zooz with a security level not yet functioning on ZMatter (maybe?). Not sure if it's truly a migration failure - or something not considered in the migration. 

4 minutes ago, asbril said:

Unless you have many of these battery devices, exclude / include may be the way.

For the button, this worked. I don't really want to do this universally since when you do this devices get now IDs so trying to find a way to reset the connection preserving as much as possible.

25 minutes ago, MWareman said:

For the button, this worked. I don't really want to do this universally since when you do this devices get now IDs so trying to find a way to reset the connection preserving as much as possible.

I gave up trying different things - tried an exclusion (didn't work) - so did a full device reset (and a 'Remove failed device' on IOX/ZMatter).

Trying to add it back now - and ZMatter does not appear to be recognizing it. When I hit 'Join' - I get a lot of zwave traffic to/from the device - and pages of events in the ZWAY.LOG - but no nodes created at all.

9 hours ago, garybixler said:

Since using the Zmatter both on Polisy and eisy the Zen 17 can be configured to isolate the inputs from the relays but the Zmatter doesn't pickup the additional child devices on 5.5.0 or 5.5.2. So there are no separate input devices showing on the AC

The Zen 16 is only showing one power switch where it should be showing three.

I also tried parameter 8 and 17 to set the auto off to 1 second for relay 2... to simulate a momentary press. This did not work. I currently have a program that turns off relay 2 button after 1 second for garage door button but before I programmed the Zen17 to handle it on its own. Seems like configuration parameters are not working correctly still for me anyways. In case of my garage door, I have the button on relay 2 and the garage door sensor on input 1 (which both will trigger the relay)... Currently when garage door is closed the relay 1 sensor shows On. I have adjusted programs to compensate.

Since I am currently using both my Zen17s, It is difficult for me to experiment with them without breaking other things. Maybe UD can test Zen17 on their end and make sure all the parameters work, including one to change input type parameter 2 and parameter 3 for each relay.

Below example when I used Zooz ZWave dongle, I set to 7 and after excluding/including again shows a device type named barrier for the door and shows as open/close status not on/off.

Here is the instructions I used before on Zooz Z-Wave dongle which work fine...

For Garage Door
---------------
Will hook up the switch and the sensor on separate sensor/relays just in case the isolation is not set correctly.

Reset
Include in ISY
Set for Door Open/Close sensor
Set Parameter 2 to 7
Set Parameter 3 to 7
Exclude/Include in ISY
This will add additional nodes each sensor

Set Parameter 10 to 0
Set Parameter 11 to 0
This isolates the relays being triggered from the inputs

Garage Door Sensor (Sensor 1)
ZW XXX.1 Barrier 1

Garage Door Switch (Relay 2)
ZW XXX.2 Binary Switch

To set simulate momentary 1 second
Parameter 8: auto turn-off timer for Relay 2
Parameter 17: auto turn-off timer unit for Relay 2

Set Parameter 17 to 1 (seconds)
Set Paramter 8 to 1 (1 second) *** must use 4 byte to write

Parameter 20: Reverse the reported values for your selected input on S2 C terminals (select same value as parameter 3 eg. 7)
(not reversed set to 0)

Closed on Sensor 1 will show door closed
Set Parameter 20 to 7 if your door sensor switch is NO when closed.

Edited by brians

Is the current "Upgrade Packages" in 5.4.5 temporarily disabled while UDI continues to work things out? 

Have tried to use it twice now to upgrade and nothing happens after I agree to continue, except my AC shuts. IoX continues to run. I can open the AC back up immediately. Light on Polisy stays steady the whole time. 

@Javi

2 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

Is the current "Upgrade Packages" in 5.4.5 temporarily disabled while UDI continues to work things out? 

I don't think so. There were some errors a couple of weeks ago trying to go from 5.4.5 to just 5.5.0. I thought they were sorted out, but maybe not. 

Check this solution offered by @Michel Kohanim. Step #2 resolved for my update problem at the time. Going from 5.5.0 to 5.5.2 seemed to work just fine. You might skip 5.5.0 if updating at this point. 

I forget which update got me a little worried as I had a solid left light and blinking 2nd and 3rd lights, but after a while everything finished and was working fine on the Polisy. 

11 minutes ago, Geddy said:

I don't think so. There were some errors a couple of weeks ago trying to go from 5.4.5 to just 5.5.0. I thought they were sorted out, but maybe not. 

Check this solution offered by @Michel Kohanim. Step #2 resolved for my update problem at the time. Going from 5.5.0 to 5.5.2 seemed to work just fine. You might skip 5.5.0 if updating at this point. 

Have been following everything pretty closely since it rolled out. This is a different problem than what you referenced. My polisy isn't in a loop, it just does nothing after I click the button in the AC. Just keeps running. But AC shuts down. IoX keeps running too. No problems. But no update procedure initiated. 

I dont know of any way to "skip"  an update (5.5.0) since all I am doing is clicking a button. Not sure if there are choices that would come up. 

@dbwarner5 mine didn't appear to be in a loop either. I never tried to figure out what was running. I just knew it wasn't doing anything and went with the second part that Michel posted and it processed the update just fine.

2 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

I dont know of any way to "skip"  an update (5.5.0) since all I am doing is clicking a button. Not sure if there are choices that would come up. 

I don't mean that you would have a choice to skip something. That process of updating should bring you all the way up to the "current version" as of this moment in time. Meaning it wouldn't update to 5.5.0 then you'd have to update again to 5.5.2. You should be able to run the command and once it updates and reboots you should be at 5.5.2.

Oh, and after running the updates I think I ran a shutdown command in SSH. I then went back and ran another "Update Packages" just to be sure it was cleaned up. I think others commented about doing that too.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Geddy said:

@dbwarner5 mine didn't appear to be in a loop either. I never tried to figure out what was running. I just knew it wasn't doing anything and went with the second part that Michel posted and it processed the update just fine.

The second part of Michel's instructions solved my problem also. be sure and clear your Java cache and download a fresh copy of the launcher each time you update. These two procedures got my Polisy and eisy updated.

• Like 2

@Geddy @dbuss Thanks for the info. Success!

-Ran the two sudo commands from previous post, got lots of beeps. 

-Ran them again, and a few more things happened, lots of beeps.

Total times about 10 mintues

Then opened the AC. AC was "busy" for a full 30  minutes. But everything is up and running with my Zooz 700 Dongle. Everything works!  5.5.2

Thanks!!

Update: PG3 did not come back up. All NS were disconnected. Had to manually restart them all. And do a search for the IoX. After the search, it connected and after a few queries in the AC, got all of them running again. 

Edited by dbwarner5
Update
  • Like 2