Support thread: IoX 5.5.4 Release

38 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

I interviewed one and even did an exclude/include on it, but neither one worked until I simply restarted the AC, then both of them did.  I should have mentioned that. 

Ok I’ll re interview and then restart ac. Just to clarify I should see one of those nodes light up when detects motion ?

21 minutes ago, brians said:

Ok I’ll re interview and then restart ac. Just to clarify I should see one of those nodes light up when detects motion ?

I’m out of town for a bit so I can’t confirm, but I got two nodes to update, I think “Motion Sensor” and “Home Security Alarm”.  Both update, though I won’t know the update values until I return. 

19 hours ago, gviliunas said:

Previously, I  have seen the condition where previously discovered z-wave devices have blank status in the Admin Console after restarting IoX.

I have this issue a couple times as well with zmatter board installed.

No solution yet for me Leviton switch...  it's still not triggering anything, though I can remotely control it.

Aeotec Minimote is still not working. Daughter still upset at this one!

I just added a new Zooz Scene Controller (ZEN32) - and it included fine. Added the nodes. It's a mixed bag. I can remotely control the relay. IF the relay is bound to the main button then I see immediate state updates in the admin console when pushing the main button. I am NOT able to see any state updates for the 4 scene buttons nor am I able to trigger any programs to operate with any buttons (if the main button is unlinked from relay control).

Edit: Just did an update with interview - and the scene nodes disappeared from IOX (leaving the programs with unsupported elements) and leaving only the basic assoc only nodes. A second 'Update with interview' put them back but in the root of the device tree. I put the button 1 and 2 as well as the first and second basic assoc into a scene (the scene has an Insteon device in it that works well) - and no buttons on the Zooz are controlling the scene. The two buttons are not even controlling each other as I would expect when they are both in the same scene.

Edited by MWareman
18 hours ago, vbphil said:

ZooZ states to press z-wave button every 15 seconds for 2 minutes during include,

Thanks, now I know that is needed for zooz (and maybe others).  I did that with a few of my z-waves and it helped with a few.

Good to know its not a UD/isy issue.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:41 AM, Bumbershoot said:

Progress: I have a couple of Enbrighten motion sensor/switches.  With the update to 5.5.4, these switches are now reporting motion in both the "Home Security Alarm" node and the "Motion Sensor" node.

did you need to do a sync with replace to get this working?

5 minutes ago, sjenkins said:

Thanks, now I know that is needed for zooz (and maybe others).  I did that with a few of my z-waves and it helped with a few.

Good to know its not a UD/isy issue.

I found that gem in the ZooZ docs that came with the device. Strange because most of what I've read says that Wake Up last for 1 minute unless you change a parameter. But, If Wake Up is initiated manually who knows how long it stays, maybe 15 seconds?

9 hours ago, sjenkins said:

did you need to do a sync with replace to get this working?

I only did on one (in fact I did an exclude/include on it), but I have two.  The second started working after I restarted the AC.  I doubt there's a relationship between the AC and these devices starting to work, however.  As it is, I don't understand what made them work.

Here's the log for the motion event prior to the sensor starting to work:

[2023-01-19 16:56:08.466] [D] [...] RECEIVED: ( 01 1B 00 04 00 00 1D 11 56 01 60 0D 02 00 71 05 00 00 00 FF 07 00 00 0A 12 D1 00 00 91 )
[2023-01-19 16:56:08.466] [D] [...] SENT ACK
[2023-01-19 16:56:08.466] [D] [...] SETDATA devices.29.data.lastReceived = 0 (0x00000000)
[2023-01-19 16:56:08.466] [W] [...] Node 29:2 CC Alarm: Alarm event but interview is not complete
[2023-01-19 16:56:08.466] [E] [...] Error returned from (returnStatus = _zway_cc_call_handler(zway, instance, node_id, data[3], length - 4, &data[4])): Bad arguments (-1)

Here's the log for the motion event after it started to work (the node value went from 29 to 30 because I performed an exclude/include on the device):

[2023-01-21 16:53:15.101] [I] [isy] UYZCmdClassCallback(7.8): Run callback for Value Update (type=0x01)
[2023-01-21 16:53:15.101] [I] [isy] in alarm 7 callback 30.0 (113/70008) pnodeId=5
[2023-01-21 16:53:15.101] [I] [isy] in alarm 7 callback 30.0: path=[devices.30.instances.0.commandClasses.113.data.7.8]
[2023-01-21 16:53:15.101] [I] [isy] Preparing STANDARD event
[2023-01-21 16:53:15.101] [I] [isy] in alarm 7 callback: event=8 isOn=false
[2023-01-21 16:53:15.101] [I] [isy] EventMgr: sending status: [ZY030_308] level=0
[2023-01-21 16:53:15.102] [I] [isy] in alarm 7 callback: event=8 isOn=false : ZY030_155 st=0 dc=DOF
[2023-01-21 16:53:15.102] [I] [isy] EventMgr: sending status: [ZY030_155] level=0
[2023-01-21 16:53:15.102] [D] [...] SETDATA devices.30.instances.0.commandClasses.113.data.7.status = True
[2023-01-21 16:53:15.102] [D] [...] SETDATA devices.30.instances.0.commandClasses.113.data.7 = Empty

In the above, ZY030_155 is the "Motion Sensor" and ZY030_308 is "Home Security Alarm".

Can I actually add a matter device now (I have a Polisy and the new zmatter board installed)?  I got a new tp-link Matter module (Tapo P125M) and would like to replace a failing Insteon wall wart.  Is that even possible at this point?  Its kinda confusing if I can or cannot do that yet?

2 hours ago, smileyw said:

Can I actually add a matter device now (I have a Polisy and the new zmatter board installed)?  I got a new tp-link Matter module (Tapo P125M) and would like to replace a failing Insteon wall wart.  Is that even possible at this point?  Its kinda confusing if I can or cannot do that yet?

Not yet.  In a post somewhere in this forum it was indicated by UDI that they're looking to add Matter/Zibgee functionality in March, 2023.

So with this release I got a few more of my z-wave devices to complete their interview:

1. Homeseer HS-LS100+
  2. Zooz ZSE42 water leak XS sensor
  3. Zooz ZEN 31 RGBW dimmer

Not able to complete interview with the following (still get limited usage)

1. GE Jasco 26931 switch with motion sensor (switch ok but no motion update on ISY, shows up in log)
  2. zooz Temp/Humidity XS ZSE44 (getting temp/humidity but battery showing zero)
  3. ZEN77 S2 Dimmer 700 only getting switch and scene 1/2 but no associations

Hard to say if some of my z-wave need an update (I am linux/Mac only) so I am looking forward to the ability to update from the ISY.

Anyway wanted to get this out there as feedback for @Chris Jahn and the team.  We are making progress.  Let me know if there is further data which will help.

3 hours ago, sjenkins said:

So with this release I got a few more of my z-wave devices to complete their interview:

1. Homeseer HS-LS100+
  2. Zooz ZSE42 water leak XS sensor
  3. Zooz ZEN 31 RGBW dimmer

Not able to complete interview with the following (still get limited usage)

1. GE Jasco 26931 switch with motion sensor (switch ok but no motion update on ISY, shows up in log)
  2. zooz Temp/Humidity XS ZSE44 (getting temp/humidity but battery showing zero)
  3. ZEN77 S2 Dimmer 700 only getting switch and scene 1/2 but no associations

Hard to say if some of my z-wave need an update (I am linux/Mac only) so I am looking forward to the ability to update from the ISY.

Anyway wanted to get this out there as feedback for @Chris Jahn and the team.  We are making progress.  Let me know if there is further data which will help.

Can you confirm that the first three devices you got to complete interview are now working and functional. 

I own the GE Jacsco 26931 switch also and confirm motion nodes are not updating.

18 minutes ago, brians said:

Can you confirm that the first three devices you got to complete interview are now working and functional. 

I own the GE Jacsco 26931 switch also and confirm motion nodes are not updating.

Yes they are working fully for my programs.  

I am not currently using association or basic controls with these devices though.

I am finding to complete the interviews with the z-wave devices I have in some cases had to redo it many times.   My zen77 devices have not completed interview but after many times one has associations and the other I can't get them.  The log files show a TONNE of data passing by but no joy at the end.  Next update perhaps. 

10 hours ago, sjenkins said:

My zen77 devices have not completed interview but after many times one has associations and the other I can't get them.  The log files show a TONNE of data passing by but no joy at the end.  Next update perhaps. 

I have six Zen77 dimmers -- three have completed the interview and three haven't.  I haven't a clue as to why some complete and some don't.  In one case, one that completed and one that hasn't are in the same junction box.  Z-Wave seems a bit fickle at times...

Did a sudo reboot on the EISY and it wiped out node #1 isylink again!

After the reboot PG3 seems to have come back to life and updated itself to PG3x Version 3.1.20 and nodes show connected but are not showing data in the Admin Console or UD Mobile. Re-installs all nodes and rebooted the admin console and they still show no data in the Admin Console or UD Mobile.

PG3 web also does not show slot 1 isylink is configured in IoX, even though isylink is the only node that is working. 

I had the same problem with PG3 not seeing ISY on local network.  Rebooted several times and seems to have resolved.  But, the 5.5.4 upgrade wiped out all of my Z wave devices and had to start all over adding them back.  Still cannot get Matter to see my Enbrighten switches

On 1/21/2023 at 6:32 AM, MWareman said:

No solution yet for me Leviton switch...  it's still not triggering anything, though I can remotely control it.

Aeotec Minimote is still not working. Daughter still upset at this one!

I just added a new Zooz Scene Controller (ZEN32) - and it included fine. Added the nodes. It's a mixed bag. I can remotely control the relay. IF the relay is bound to the main button then I see immediate state updates in the admin console when pushing the main button. I am NOT able to see any state updates for the 4 scene buttons nor am I able to trigger any programs to operate with any buttons (if the main button is unlinked from relay control).

Edit: Just did an update with interview - and the scene nodes disappeared from IOX (leaving the programs with unsupported elements) and leaving only the basic assoc only nodes. A second 'Update with interview' put them back but in the root of the device tree. I put the button 1 and 2 as well as the first and second basic assoc into a scene (the scene has an Insteon device in it that works well) - and no buttons on the Zooz are controlling the scene. The two buttons are not even controlling each other as I would expect when they are both in the same scene.

Not sure if you havea the same switches but I have two of the Leviton switches DZ15S-1RZ. They do not support instant status but instead an older method called Hail. The workaround was to have program for each switch and if control is hail then do a query on it (some hubs do this automatically). ZMatter ZWave does not correctly support Hail so there is no current way for these Leviton switches to report their status anymore when turned on/off locally. Turning them on/off from IoX is fine however because it keeps the state updated. Furthermore, these Leviton switches never worked as scene controllers with old method before with old ZWave dongle, and with ZMatter it is now obvious why - because there are no Scene Button nodes (which is what I believe old method of ZWave scenes used). There are no Basic Assoc nodes either so cannot use Basic Assocation. Therefore these switches are not capable of controlling anything directly really. If Hail was supported there would be workaround but until then not possible. They do respond to basic set commands and I setup a Zen32 button 3 basic assoc to turn it on/off, but the light does not show on in IoX until queried. As a workaround I have a program which queries these switches every minute but it is not ideal for controlling things (if Hail, this would be possible) but it does keep things updated overall. Since I use only two of these Levitons right now in fringe areas in house, it is not necessary for me to have this instant control ability via hail, but it would be nice to support this.

For more Zen32 programming, go over to ZMatter forum and I have example there how I toggle any light with a button using just two programs and one int variable with full two-way LED sync (unfortunately not instantly with these Leviton switches if turned on/off locally though but my 1 min sync keeps it updated eventually) etc.

Here is my scene anyways for Zen32 controlling button on/off. Note that elsewhere I came to conclusion that this is not best way though since LEDs get out of sync and Zen32 keeps its own internal state of each toggle button and if light was toggled elsewhere have to press button twice... go read other forum for details.

image.thumb.png.6cb901fe639989e1fbe892743194bded.png

Edited by brians
On 1/29/2023 at 3:44 PM, brians said:

Not sure if you havea the same switches but I have two of the Leviton switches DZ15S-1RZ. They do not support instant status but instead an older method called Hail. The workaround was to have program for each switch and if control is hail then do a query on it (some hubs do this automatically). ZMatter ZWave does not correctly support Hail so there is no current way for these Leviton switches to report their status anymore when turned on/off locally. Turning them on/off from IoX is fine however because it keeps the state updated. Furthermore, these Leviton switches never worked as scene controllers with old method before with old ZWave dongle, and with ZMatter it is now obvious why - because there are no Scene Button nodes (which is what I believe old method of ZWave scenes used). There are no Basic Assoc nodes either so cannot use Basic Assocation. Therefore these switches are not capable of controlling anything directly really. If Hail was supported there would be workaround but until then not possible. They do respond to basic set commands and I setup a Zen32 button 3 basic assoc to turn it on/off, but the light does not show on in IoX until queried. As a workaround I have a program which queries these switches every minute but it is not ideal for controlling things (if Hail, this would be possible) but it does keep things updated overall. Since I use only two of these Levitons right now in fringe areas in house, it is not necessary for me to have this instant control ability via hail, but it would be nice to support this.

For more Zen32 programming, go over to ZMatter forum and I have example there how I toggle any light with a button using just two programs and one int variable with full two-way LED sync (unfortunately not instantly with these Leviton switches if turned on/off locally though but my 1 min sync keeps it updated eventually) etc.

Here is my scene anyways for Zen32 controlling button on/off. Note that elsewhere I came to conclusion that this is not best way though since LEDs get out of sync and Zen32 keeps its own internal state of each toggle button and if light was toggled elsewhere have to press button twice... go read other forum for details.

image.thumb.png.6cb901fe639989e1fbe892743194bded.png

I have the same switch, yes - and the 'HAIL' workaround was what I was using prior to moving to zmatter. It's unfortunate. Going to pull them and replace I think since I've not needed this workaround on any other switch.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:25 AM, brians said:

Mine don’t seem to do this. Did you have to update interview or reinclude?

I noticed that in 5.5.5 this now works for Jasco motion wall switches. Now I redid programs using that motion sensor instead of relying on the light itself switched on internally.