Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

11 hours ago, Craigb said:

Somewhere in the 5.0 chain the UI changed for the linking function.
Start linking, and the UI shows the bar as you described.

During this time, you can still link Insteon devices by pressing the SET button on the device (or the KPL button on a KPL)

When you are done linking devices, click FINISH on the UI and the devices will be added.

If the bar reaches full right, the Linking function times out and ends.

Thanks, Craigb,  That works.  Should have thought to try

From Simplextech:

I normally use Geofency but just to see I installed Locative on my iPhone and set it up.  I'm using FW 5.0.16 and I run the Occupancy nodeserver in the portal (NOT Occupancy v2).  Using the In/Out links provided it works perfectly.  No issues for me with Locative or with Geofency.

Thank you Simplextech.  However I'm not using Portal and had not planned on it.  I don't guess you have ever tried Locative w/o Portal for 5.x?  Works for 4.x.

Edited by slimypizza
On 11/8/2019 at 4:30 PM, Mecheng70 said:

Don't see why is will not.  This seems like it can change a state variable based on location.   

I have tasker sending a POST https to AutoRemote and update a variable on my phone.  

Do you have networking resources set up?

Thanks Mecheng70.  Just saw your post.  In your test were you running 5.x and Locative?  In my trials with previous versions of 5.x, Locative could not communicate successfully (ie change state and integer variables) whereas with 4.x everything functions smoothly.  No changes to programs or URL calls.  I’m not using Portal btw.

47 minutes ago, slimypizza said:

From Simplextech:

I normally use Geofency but just to see I installed Locative on my iPhone and set it up.  I'm using FW 5.0.16 and I run the Occupancy nodeserver in the portal (NOT Occupancy v2).  Using the In/Out links provided it works perfectly.  No issues for me with Locative or with Geofency.

Thank you Simplextech.  However I'm not using Portal and had not planned on it.  I don't guess you have ever tried Locative w/o Portal for 5.x?  Works for 4.x.

There was a user that brought up several times that locative does not work on V5 sans portal. Not sure what happened with that. Like Simplextech, I used locative with the ISY portal for a long time and it works well. Recently switched to android so I'm going to install the ISY android geofence app.

Paul

50 minutes ago, slimypizza said:

I don't use port forwarding for anything.  If I need remote access I use a tunnel/vpn/service for the access. 

ISY Portal serves the purpose for remote access and direct access for me to the ISY.  VPN for anything else that I may need.

• Like 1

I'm having a new problem for the last few weeks since I upgraded to this RC version that I never had before. I also let my portal subscription expire before renewing it so it may have something to do with that. For about the third week I have to reset my iSY as the Admin I/F goes wonky on me.

I first notice it when I access MobiLinc from my iPhone on my WLAN, it cannot connect even though it's local. Second when I open the UDI Admin I get an error box that says "Already Subscribed", then that says starting subscription, then one asking me if I want to close Admin, then when I say no I get Admin and can control devices but get no status back, e.g., the UI cannot tell what the state of devices is. I noticed today this seemed to happen right after a couple of Insteon leak detectors reported.

I've had the portal and Mobilinc for a couple years and have been running v5 for it's Zwave support for probably a year and I have never seen this before. Restarting the iSY seems to clear it up for another week.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Can the pink text be changed?   I'm guessing the V5 software is written by young people.  Old eyes like mine have problems with light text.  I've tried all of the Themes but none offer different text color.    I literally can't use the software unless I set the font to 20 or larger, which brings it's own issues.   Thanks.

I upgraded from 4.7.3 to 5.0.16 today and all went well except for my programs which rely on a Wait command.

For program 1 (shown below) in the Then section rather than waiting 3 minutes and then proceeding to run program 2 whenever any if the 4 conditions in the If section are met it immediately runs program 2 as if the Wait 3 minutes command wasn't in the Then section. This differs from the 4.7.3 behavior where it would wait 3 minutes and then run program 2. I tried deleting the program and recreating it but it still doesn't execute the Wait before running Program 2.

Do I need to do things differently with Wait commands in 5.x? Thanks!

1 MasterBath Lights on For 3 Minutes - [ID 000E][Parent 0024]

If
        'Master Suite / Master Bath - Shower Light' is switched On
     Or 'Master Suite / Master Bath - Shower Light' is switched Fast On
     Or 'Master Suite / Master Bath - Vanity Light' is switched On
     Or 'Master Suite / Master Bath - Vanity Light' is switched Fast On

Then
        Wait  3 minutes 
        Run Program '2 MasterBath Lights Still On?' (If)

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

If any of the MasterBath Lights are turned on (fast or regular) then wait for 3 minutes and run program 2 If statement

IIRC ,if program 2 is not disabled, the If would run on its own when conditions were met, it would need to be disabled to allow program 1 to call it when wait finishes.  Maybe the upgrade enabled program 2?  I run many prgrams with waits and calls to IF statements in disabled programs with no problems.

Has anybody else seen this quirk? I don't want to call it a bug because that makes it sound more serious than it is. 

I did not notice this quirk until I modified the second program. I was adding a step that would keep track of a variable value from before a reboot by utilizing the INIT TO placeholder. The first time, I flipped from Number to Variable in my variable assignment statement and it worked as expected. The next time -- the second program -- it skipped Variable and went straight to System. I had to cycle around back to Number again in order for it to go to Variable as the next option. You can see this in the video. 

This seems inconsistent to me. Am I missing something? 

TomL & bambamf16-

Thank you! I would swear I had disabled them post-upgrade but when I went back in and verified they were disabled it was showing them enabled.  I think I'll double-check in the Summary view from now on since the enabled state is MUCH easier to read there. I disabled the follow-up programs, saved, and all is working correctly again.

I also may need to consider reading glasses since unless I zoom in on my display it is really hard to see the difference between an enabled program and a disabled program when both are stopped in the details view.  1655908304_ScreenClip.jpg.dd0c41e88dabc40c33e6c5a3c455cadb.jpg

I wonder if it would be better to change disabled to something like my crude example in the middle, here:  744132942_ScreenClipModified2.jpg.1759a4f74f66970db0f16ebef5dc6e9f.jpg To my eyes, the black / is more easily seen and color elements on the icon are still discernible.

• Like 1

Having an issue adding new z-wave device. I don't have any other devices in ISY right now. Not sure if that's an issue. Tried multiple times to exclude and include. 

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:16 AM : [ZWAVE-TX-NR     ] [0105004AC1F988]                        REQ ZW_ADD_NODE_TO_NETWORK 

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:16 AM : [UZW-CMD 1       ] Start Include

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:16 AM : Listening for Z-Wave devices to add to the network

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:25 AM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 2

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:25 AM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 3

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:26 AM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 5

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:26 AM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [0105004A85FACF]                        REQ ZW_ADD_NODE_TO_NETWORK 

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:26 AM : Adding Z-Wave devices stopped

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:26 AM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [01030020DC]                            REQ MEMORY_GET_ID 

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:26 AM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [01030002FE]                            REQ SERIAL_API_GET_INIT_DATA 

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:27 AM : [ZWAVE-TX        ] [01030005F9]                            REQ ZW_GET_CONTROLLER_CAPABILITIES 

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:27 AM : Device 4 of type 4.17.4 included into Z-Wave network

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:27 AM : [ZWAVE-TX     4.0] [72/04] CC=0x72 cmd=0x04 [] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE To=0x04

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:27 AM : [ZWAVE-RX     4.0] [72/05] CC=0x72 cmd=0x05 [001D0202030B] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x04

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:27 AM : [ZWAVE-ADD-NODE] Cannot add primary node for 4.0

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:27 AM : [ZWAVE-ADD-NODE] Device 4.0 not added

Fri 11/15/2019 11:16:27 AM : Add Node failed: Cannot create primary node for new device

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

What is the device and where is it located relative to the isy. Also, what's your firmware and U/I

It's Leviton Vizia plugin (VRC0P) that I'm usually using to extend network for z-wave locks. It's plugged in 1 foot away from ISY. Firmware 5.0.16. Using admin console. From the logs it seems like it's not specifically a z-wave issue. Seems like it's actually added to z-wave but rather cannot be added to ISY. I might be wrong.

Ok. I wasnt familiar with that particular module so I googled it and what pulled up was a rs232 interface module. 

I'd clear your Java cache again to make sure that's not an issue. If you've used it before then I would suspect either a mismatched UI or something similar. Can you factory reset it hen try to exclude? Which zwave card are you using

1 minute ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Ok. I wasnt familiar with that particular module so I googled it and what pulled up was a rs232 interface module. 

I'd clear your Java cache again to make sure that's not an issue. If you've used it before then I would suspect either a mismatched UI or something similar. Can you factory reset it hen try to exclude? Which zwave card are you using

I have factory reset card multiple times and I have factory reset module multiple times. I'm using z-wave card that came with ISY. I'm assuming it's z-wave+ since it came directly from UDI and that's what's listed. Will try to reset java cache.

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Unfortunately, resetting cache didn't help. Same message. 

1 hour ago, firstone said:

I have factory reset card multiple times and I have factory reset module multiple times. I'm using z-wave card that came with ISY. I'm assuming it's z-wave+ since it came directly from UDI and that's what's listed. Will try to reset java cache.

Get all the options.

post-4697-0-92518300-1471816116_thumb.jpg